The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Please get rid of mud (or nerf the stuffing out of it)

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »
    I think the most annoying thing (really only annoying thing to me) is that when you are mudded and you were in 1st person view that you are immediately shoved into 3rd person. Which can mean that you were trying to talk to a merchant and you just accidentally stole a dagger or bow or whatever. Yep I have had that happen more than once. So remember kiddos don't ALWAYS throw mud at people at merchants.

Fixed that for you!

Edited by Mureel on January 8, 2018 11:49AM
    Options
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda amazing how upset mudballs make people. This thread is a real eye-opener O_O
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
    Options
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how the Internet works...

Most people except that one guy forgot about the mudballs.

The guy getting mudballed complains about it.

Next week everyone will be throwing mudballs at each other...

great-success-gif.gif
    Edited by Aisle9 on January 8, 2018 12:04PM
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
    Options
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, mud should be nerfed. It is OP as hell.

Yesterday I threw a mudball at the servers and everything went wrong.
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Placeholder-Image-400x250.jpg?fd3260
    Options
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Could be worse, you could have an alchemy survey for Malabal Tor. Now, that isn't petty and is annoying
    Options
  • CardboardedBox
    CardboardedBox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sir, you are in total disrespect of their role-playing as a poo flinger. In the future, please refrain from harassing roleplayers just trying to act out their characters. Thank you.
    Options
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jcorv58 wrote: »
    The mudball is my defense against the more annoying people in the game though.

This.
    I use a mudball punch when someone behaves like a jerk. And when I want to appreciate a player I throw flower petals at him/her

One time I was standing outside of Skywatch reading the map...and out of nowhere that player (level 10, I think) showed up and started to throw mudballs at me for like 20 or 30 seconds. It was hilarious. I couldn't be bothered to ask what I did to get that honour..then I just left.

PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
    Options
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    good troll attempt. almost got me there

8/10

Options
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh I'm not entirely sure where OP finds so many mudball throwers. In my experience there aren't THAT many even around holiday. Only time I can recall someone legit following me around throwing mudballs at me it was a friend on a new account and after 10 mudballs I realized there's only one idiot person on whole damn NA server who could be doing that to me :D Most of the time it's friends and it's for fun. It definitely shouldn't interrupt fishing(does it?) though and it should not be visible at dye station - along with other stuff, you can also see buff effects and such while dying your armor. Dyeing shield with DK igneous weapon on is particularly fun.

That aside, I wouldn't object to an optional off toggle - more options is good and it would not hurt anyone that way, but calling it #1 reason to quit the game is just o.O Either OP is being haunted by all the trolls of the server simultaneously or I just don't get something.
    Options
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have so much mud it's taking up 3 spaces in my bank. I should really start throwing it at people. Say op you wouldn't happen to be playing on pc-na would you :smile:
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itzTJ wrote: »
    i heard zos banned ppl for this but prob just a rumor.. but anyway this post is pointless, mud balls matter.

If someone takes it to an extreme and uses it for harassing an individual, or individuals, with the intent to repeatedly disrupt what they are doing, then some form of interaction with customer support will probably happen. I wouldn't say that it always results in a ban, though. Depends on the circumstances.

Places to stay away from, if a person is intent on using them, are crafting and dye stations. Stay away from anything that will actually interrupt what they are doing. Also, don't "pick on" someone. One and done.
    Niobium wrote: »
    When I get hit with a mudball I throw one right back and have a good ol' fashioned mudball fight.

This is why they are in the game and why they work all year. They are intended to be fun interactions between players, and they are, for most players.
    Magdalina wrote: »
    It definitely shouldn't interrupt fishing(does it?) though and it should not be visible at dye station - along with other stuff, you can also see buff effects and such while dying your armor. Dyeing shield with DK igneous weapon on is particularly fun.

They really do need to fix the dye outfit stations so that the world does not intrude on what is happening.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 pages in and I still can’t tell if this is a troll attempt or serious.

Either I have Perception -1 or OP has Charisma +5.
    Options
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like ot organise an event where all the mud ballers get together to enjoy a massive mud ball fight for hours on end ......

On an unrelated topic OP are you on EU and what is you character name?
    >:)
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is mud in your eye! lol
    Options
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was attacked one morning in riften by a pack of mudders. They began their assault at the writ boards and followed me to the crafting stations by the time I had completed my second writ they got bored and moved on because I did my thing and ignored them.
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Armatesz wrote: »
    I think the most annoying thing (really only annoying thing to me) is that when you are mudded and you were in 1st person view that you are immediately shoved into 3rd person. Which can mean that you were trying to talk to a merchant and you just accidentally stole a dagger or bow or whatever. Yep I have had that happen more than once. So remember kiddos don't throw mud at people at merchants.

Fixed that for you!

There fixed your typo : P
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    itzTJ wrote: »
    i heard zos banned ppl for this but prob just a rumor.. but anyway this post is pointless, mud balls matter.

If someone takes it to an extreme and uses it for harassing an individual, or individuals, with the intent to repeatedly disrupt what they are doing, then some form of interaction with customer support will probably happen. I wouldn't say that it always results in a ban, though. Depends on the circumstances.

Places to stay away from, if a person is intent on using them, are crafting and dye stations. Stay away from anything that will actually interrupt what they are doing. Also, don't "pick on" someone. One and done.
    Niobium wrote: »
    When I get hit with a mudball I throw one right back and have a good ol' fashioned mudball fight.

This is why they are in the game and why they work all year. They are intended to be fun interactions between players, and they are, for most players.
    Magdalina wrote: »
    It definitely shouldn't interrupt fishing(does it?) though and it should not be visible at dye station - along with other stuff, you can also see buff effects and such while dying your armor. Dyeing shield with DK igneous weapon on is particularly fun.

They really do need to fix the dye outfit stations so that the world does not intrude on what is happening.

Like luring a guard over to someone over at a crafting station or some npc that does aoe attacks onto someone not noticing?
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    Hey there everyone! Since this thread hasn't been terribly constructive, we are going to go ahead and close it down. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.