Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about crafting and outfit system

Gothlander
Gothlander
✭✭✭✭
1st question: Out of all the materials listed below, do we only get two different styles?

Homespun
Linen
Cotton
Spidersilk
Ebonthread
Kresh
Ironthread
Silverweave
Shadowspun
Ancestor Silk

Like for example: Homespun and Linen robes look the same but look different from the rest. And all the rest look the same.

2nd question: Does that go for medium and heavy armor as well? Only two different styles?

3rd question: So are we going to craft the pieces we want for outfit and just slot the pieces in the emplty gear slots for outfits? Seems simple. We will use the least amount of mats possible and no traits and make gear just plain white for outfits.
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seem completely confused on multiple points. I'll try to cover everything.

There are far more than 2 variations of all the racial styles by level. I believe there are up to 5. Other styles (such as Ebonheart Pact) do not have any variation at all or only a couple variations, which is what I think you got confused by.

You do not use mats at all in the transmogrification system. It uses gold alone.
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    You seem completely confused on multiple points. I'll try to cover everything.

There are far more than 2 variations of all the racial styles by level. I believe there are up to 5. Other styles (such as Ebonheart Pact) do not have any variation at all or only a couple variations, which is what I think you got confused by.

You do not use mats at all in the transmogrification system. It uses gold alone.

I was checking on here and it only shows two different styles for all the light mats in game. Just different colors for the higher lvl mats.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/clothing-by-armor-weight/

So only gold will be used but we need to motif. Hmm sounds like everyone needs to hunt down motifs.

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESOfashion does not bother to show all of the levels between the minimum and maximum level.

If it helps you envision it, it has been said that there will be 370 different legs available.
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESOfashion does not bother to show all of the levels between the minimum and maximum level.

If it helps you envision it, it has been said that there will be 370 different legs available.

that is light, medium and heavy combined. Sounds about right. What I am saying is that if a person wants to dress in Breton style light/medium/heavy clothing, they will only have two styles to choose from.

• WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Incorrect. ESO fashion only shows a comparison of low lvl to high lvl, and not actually each style itself.

For the 15 original motifs, there was a style for tier 1, (1-14) tier 2,(16-24) tier 3, (26-34), and one for 36+ and on into the CP with all the same style. There were more motifs that behaved like this later on, but most that have been added since the original are just one style for 1-50 and CP.

So for example, if you just wanted to do Breton, just for one piece you would have 4 light, 4 medium, and 4 heavy styles to choose from. A total of 12 styles for just one slot. If you wanted to be mixing nothing but Breton, you would have 792 combinations of just Breton armor alone.
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gothlander wrote: »

that is light, medium and heavy combined. Sounds about right. What I am saying is that if a person wants to dress in Breton style light/medium/heavy clothing, they will only have two styles to choose from.

What is the issue then? For those weirdos that think the max-level gear is too complicated or something, a simpler version is available. Who actually needs everything inbetween?