Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Look! Another outfit thread!

boombazookajd
boombazookajd
✭✭✭✭✭
So here's MY opinion on it, since we are all complaining or coming up with wild ideas, here's my take...

You'll be able to go to the station and change your wearable armor to any KNOWN style. (So you have to be a high rank to even learn the rare motifs).

This doesn't sound like something that crafters will be able to do as a service for folks, rather it sounds like its an incentive for players to approach crafting if they haven't already.

Most importantly, it will allow you to wear a certain set and maintain a certain look. For instance, I don't care for the look of Toothrow, Shadow of the Red Mountain, Warrior Poet, War Maiden, Defiler, the list goes on...but I COULD now wear those sets without looking like a homeless bum walking around Windhelm.

It's also nice because the costumes generally suck too and I personally don't like being confined to a set look.

I like this idea and I think it's going to enhance many characters look and allow them to wear various sets they may not want to because they look like garbage wrapped in vomit rags.
If you don't care what you look like, eh maybe now you will or maybe you will still not care. Now you can create a build that doesn't look like a stupid mash of styles.

Want to wear toothrow with red mountain and hate how those two sets look together? more importantly, do you want to wear those two sets and look like a heavy xivkyn warrior?

Perfect. Now you can. I'm all for it.

Ultimately, lets see what happens on the PTS. Till then, lets try to keep the end of crafting and panic button slamming to a minimum.

R-E-L-A-X.
Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭
    your whole post was cringey and incorrect
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arobain wrote: »
    your whole post was cringey and incorrect

Point out the incorrect areas, please. I'd like to know where I erred. Thanks friend! :)
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:

✭✭✭✭
    you arent changing the look of the gear itself, you are creating an outfit that you can toggle on and off, similar to a costume
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arobain wrote: »
    you arent changing the look of the gear itself, you are creating an outfit that you can toggle on and off, similar to a costume

So I was wrong on one point, not the whole post. Granted, lets say your helmet won't actually change styles but for you, it will. If you sell it, it will still be in x style, sure. What matters is that players can now go to a station and look the way they want, provided they know the style.

For example, in my case...

I care what I look like. I hate the look of almost EVERY dropped set save Sunderflame and Embershield. So now I can wear Spriggan's and not look like a thorn bush. I can wear Toothrow and not look like the bottom of my nuts and bolts can in my garage. I can wear Vicious Ophidian and not look like I belong in a Modern Art Museum.

I can look like a full Xivkyn warrior full of virility and a complete disregard for the well being of the citizens of Tamriel all while maintaining the set bonuses of the dropped sets, which in many cases are really good bonuses.

I didn't expect to monetize this ability in game, it sounds like something that *shock* individual players have to work for!

Scrubs:

✭✭✭
    Never understood costumes/outfits, when the base armor is so much cooler.
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikecrci wrote: »
    Never understood costumes/outfits, when the base armor is so much cooler.

What armor? I mean, save for a very small handful of sets, most base armor looks miserably bad, especially helms. However, I am very glad you find the base armor to be aesthetically pleasing! No doubt that helps you enjoy the game.

I hated the look of everything I picked up; I wore the scarlett judge costume for a looooong time. Even then, I wasn't huge fan of it.

Now that I finally know Xivkyn and Daedric armor I can craft in the look I want. Now that this outfit system is out, I can also have the look of light or heavy armor but still wear medium armor. This is really, really exciting for me personally.

Scrubs:

✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd also like to add.....

Paulington wrote: »
    It's a bit complex.

Motifs in terms of crafting are not account wide. If you can craft Daedric on one character, you cannot craft it on another.

However, if you log in to the character that knows the Daedric motif, the system "learns" that you know it on one character and so from then on all your characters can use that motif at an outfitting station to create an outfit no problem.

If this is indeed correct, as I presume a Community Ambassador would not disseminate incorrect information, then boom.

YAYYYY!!

Scrubs:

✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not sure why assuming it’s a good system and being complacent is any better than assuming it’s bad and being pedantic. And the pedantic posts are fun to read, ha.

I’m willing to reserve judgment, but I’m concerned about a possible cash grab. I also think it seems that crafters won’t be able to take armor from other players to change motifs for them. That might be what crafters were looking for.

I used to do a lot of armor crafting, but I sort of retired because the system, honestly, blows ogre chunks. I can spend dozens of hours and millions of gold to collect all the fancy motifs (currently ~575 items to collect). The purpose of that should be to provide other players with cool gear. Ok...so let’s say I craft a cool,set and decide to take up an entire 1/3 of a guild store listing it - players won’t know what style it is because the guild store system is so awful that styles aren’t listed on tool tips.

Transmog should allow players who don’t like to farm motifs to get their gear altered by others. But it sounds to me like players will have to collect all their own motifs, which if true is effing stupid, imo.
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    I’m not sure why assuming it’s a good system and being complacent is any better than assuming it’s bad and being pedantic. And the pedantic posts are fun to read, ha.

I’m willing to reserve judgment, but I’m concerned about a possible cash grab. I also think it seems that crafters won’t be able to take armor from other players to change motifs for them. That might be what crafters were looking for.

I used to do a lot of armor crafting, but I sort of retired because the system, honestly, blows ogre chunks. I can spend dozens of hours and millions of gold to collect all the fancy motifs (currently ~575 items to collect). The purpose of that should be to provide other players with cool gear. Ok...so let’s say I craft a cool,set and decide to take up an entire 1/3 of a guild store listing it - players won’t know what style it is because the guild store system is so awful that styles aren’t listed on tool tips.

Transmog should allow players who don’t like to farm motifs to get their gear altered by others. But it sounds to me like players will have to collect all their own motifs, which if true is effing stupid, imo.

I do agree with you. I don't think it's going to be a cash grab. It seems like the only thing you are paying crowns and therefore cash on is another outfit slot and really, one is enough. If you want two outfits, pay for it. This is a silly complaint that is being made.

As far as the gathering of motifs, again, I completely agree. As a crafter, I would expect people to ask for specific gear but they don't. Every once in a while I have a guild mate or a rando ask for a certain crafted set but they don't have the mats or the gold. This is just my experience though.

I thought it was just that- changing the gear style; for instance, a nord helmet to an orc helmet, but I guess we are somehow creating a costume. However, I think ZoS is trying to keep a certain level of self-sufficiency among players.

Scrubs: