Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Earn Free Crown Crates or Trial ESO Plus During Our Bonus Event"

ZOS_KaiSchober
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Earn Free Crown Crates or Trial ESO Plus During Our Bonus Event.
The ESO Plus Bonus Event is returning! During the event, everyone can enjoy select benefits of an ESO Plus membership for free, and ESO Plus members can earn up to six free Crown Crates. Read on for all the details!

601769cacef0aae0660a3adc58f8b27e.jpg

Kai Schober
Senior Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch
Staff Post
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is fantastic. I've been QQing over running into item caps in my houses and I'm always happy to unload mats into my craft bag. This is good timing for me. :smiley:
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!! Thanks, ZOS :smiley:
  • Elissae
    Elissae
    ✭✭✭
    OooOOoooOOOooooh!!!! Hurray! :)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool! I'll have to allocate some time away from the PTS to take advantage. :smiley:
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know what armour the guy in that image is wearing???
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Looks like Trinimac Heavy to me :)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleakraven wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »

Looks like Trinimac Heavy to me :)

Ta dude.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh I love me some free Crown Crates. Thank you! <3
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    although drop rate for a mount or the skin is terrible,free crates are always welcome

PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZOS may have made some new years resolutions... so far they are keeping to them cos 2018 is off to a great start.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Kai!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• AnxietyRx
    AnxietyRx
    Soul Shriven
    If I paid for one month of ESO Plus but then canceled it so that it does not recur automatically would it still count as an active paid membership? Of course as long as the one month is still active until the 15th
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AnxietyRx wrote: »
    If I paid for one month of ESO Plus but then canceled it so that it does not recur automatically would it still count as an active paid membership? Of course as long as the one month is still active until the 15th

You are considered to have ESO+ until it runs out, whether it is set to auto-renew or not. So yeah, if yours is set to expire on the 15th, you'll be able to get crates. Only thing is, if it does expire on the 15th, not exactly sure if you'll get the crate for the 15th... depending on exact time eso+ expires and when you log in and such.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    I think ZOS may have made some new years resolutions... so far they are keeping to them cos 2018 is off to a great start.

umm, Who are you and what have you done with ZO$? ;)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Note that in order to qualify, each unique login must occur within a 24-hour time period that starts at 10:00AM EST and ends at 9:59AM EST the next day."
    Wait they aren't using that weird timezone anymore?
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thnxs zos
    PC-NA
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so very much ZoS !
  • Furcula
    Furcula
    ✭✭✭
    If you are not an ESO+ subscriber. Will you still get the free crown crates?
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furcula wrote: »
    If you are not an ESO+ subscriber. Will you still get the free crown crates?

No, but you get free trial of ESO+
  • Skaddellis
    Skaddellis
    Soul Shriven
    Is there any way to get these crates without logging in to the game itself. People on holiday with family like me wont be able to get the crates :neutral:
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a thought: will this be affecting the PTS?
  • Optimus_Thyme
    Optimus_Thyme
    Soul Shriven
    Do you also get your free Crown Crates if you are subbed for January, but already cancelled you sub for the next month (February, 06/18) ??
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you also get your free Crown Crates if you are subbed for January, but already cancelled you sub for the next month (February, 06/18) ??
    MissBizz wrote: »
    AnxietyRx wrote: »

You are considered to have ESO+ until it runs out, whether it is set to auto-renew or not. So yeah, if yours is set to expire on the 15th, you'll be able to get crates. Only thing is, if it does expire on the 15th, not exactly sure if you'll get the crate for the 15th... depending on exact time eso+ expires and when you log in and such.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In what way? Do we get ESO Plus free trial on PTS? Do we get crown crates for logging into PTS? I would suggest an answer of NO to both.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like now every time the crown crates change ESO+ members get some way to get a some for free crates. Is this a newly added benefit to EOS+ members?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    It seems like now every time the crown crates change ESO+ members get some way to get a some for free crates. Is this a newly added benefit to EOS+ members?

The last couple of times the crate season has changed, everyone got the chance to get free crates regardless of sub status. So no, it hasn't been something exclusive to ESO+ members. This promotion is different because it's tied to a free ESO+ trial for people who aren't already members, so the people who are members get an extra perk in the form of free crates.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

In what way? Do we get ESO Plus free trial on PTS?

@lordrichter This one. ^ If ESO+ is on for everyone on the PTS it's going to be hard to test any ESO+/non-ESO+ differences for the new features for basically the entire first week (taking download times into consideration).

Why on earth would we get Crown Crates for logging into the PTS???
  • KreeVa
    KreeVa
    ✭✭
    Now I have space for all the useless furniture motifs I loot instead of ones I don't know! On a serious note, this will do wonders for my bankspace.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now just to clarify how this works if I have characters on both the NA and EU servers: If I log in for six days on both servers, do I still just get 6 crown crates? Since I know that some of my account-wide items do not work from one server to another and some do (like my Imperial unlock versus the Nix-ox mount) I'm a little confused about what carries over between servers and is actually account-wide and what is not. TIA for more details. :)
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mixed feelings here. Sad that non plus members get 0 crates. Couldn't we get 3 and plus members get 6? Isn't that how plus works, double everything?

However, if the free trial lets me play through Clockwork City for a week then I will be very pleased.
    PS5 EU.