The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's happening with banker/merchant reskins? Want to buy but won't without answers.

Rokushakubo
Rokushakubo
✭✭✭
I've been wanting these for ages but after seeing the reskins, which ZOS have spoken about themselves in these forums, I am reluctant to spend 10K crowns if aesthetically superior versions come out without any kind of free/small upgrade fee provision. If ZOS doesn't want to share the exact details that's fine but I'd really love to know if I can buy these without the fear of getting shafted sometime in the future...
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my banker and glad I didn't wait. I don't care about his looks; I cared that I was able to access him whenever I wanted and have him parked in several of my homes.

If looks matter then I guess you'll be playing the waiting game.
    Options
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't know there were plans for reskins, so did some hunting. Here's the reskins for anyone who hasn't seen them. They're at the bottom of the page: https://elderscrolls.net/2016/09/02/17765-tes-online-budushhee-kronnogo-magazina-patch-2-6-0/

I do wonder why there's a delay in releasing them. They're only reskins for gawd sakes.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on January 3, 2018 6:12PM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
    Options
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free anything isn't their priority
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll take a wild guess why they haven't shown up yet....

The devs aren't prepared to deal with the ranting that will likely ensue from some of the players who have already purchased the banker and merchant.

At first there was speculation that "premium" meant added functionality, but Gina or Jessica explained that they were simply reskins. There was more than one post to the effect that "They better allow people who already bought the banker/merchant to exchange them if they like the reskins better". And more stuff to that effect. Probably much the same reasons for why they are just reskins and won't have added functionality like access to guild banks/stores or for the merchant, gear repair.
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From this thread in September...
    Currently the team is still discussing the "premium" banker NPCs and how to make them truly special. While they discuss options, these bankers are on hold.
    ah, so they will cost more?
    Runs wrote: »
    What will you offer those of us who own the normal ones if we would like to upgrade, as owning both would be useless?

Specifically asking this because you mentioned last year that they would not have any additional features over the regular ones.
    R90C2Hv.png

While I already had the banker, the merchant was bought with the understanding that the new ones when released would have the same features.

The new banker and merchant that were datamined were intended to be premium, with special cosmetic differences and unique VO. The team is sensitive to the fact that adding more/better in-game functionality would not be fair to those who already bought the current banker and merchant NPC. How the team can make them really special while keeping that in mind is what is still in discussion. :)

(Also, we have a general rule of not commenting on datamined things for this very reason. They're subject to change. We made an exception in this case to help quell the rumors and concern.)
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It says premium? I'm guessing that means those will be twice as much as the regular banker and offer eveything that the first banker or merchant doesn't, like repairing our gear..lol man Zos are pure geniuses.

I can't even be made anymore.
    LadyAstrum wrote: »
    Didn't know there were plans for reskins, so did some hunting. Here's the reskins for anyone who hasn't seen them. They're at the bottom of the page: https://elderscrolls.net/2016/09/02/17765-tes-online-budushhee-kronnogo-magazina-patch-2-6-0/

I do wonder why there's a delay in releasing them. They're only reskins for gawd sakes.

Edited by BlazingDynamo on January 3, 2018 10:24PM
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    personal feedback.....don't buy at regular price (Hope they go on sale)

They aren't worth 5k in crowns but do offer some QoLif you play with others......for now find a friend
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than the re-skin I hope they have re-personality. The banker in particular is annoying.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It says premium? I'm guessing that means those will be twice as much as the regular banker and offer eveything that the first banker or merchant doesn't, like repairing our gear..lol man Zos are pure geniuses.
    They've already said they won't offer any extra services that the original banker/merchant don't have. I doubt they'll cost more, but can't be certain of that.
    Options
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More than the re-skin I hope they have re-personality. The banker in particular is annoying.

"Praise Vivec! You were there to stop Alexander Cornell from capturing the Coral Heart!"
    Edited by LukosCreyden on January 4, 2018 1:27AM
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the banker. He's like a dad to my Dunmer girl. Her robe-wearing, dry-as-corn-husk banker dad.
    Options
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Praise Vivec! You were there to stop Alexander Cornell from capturing the Coral Heart!"
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I love the banker. He's like a dad to my Dunmer girl. Her robe-wearing, dry-as-corn-husk banker dad.

More power to you if you like them. Hopefully if the do offer an upgrade from the originals it will be optional. Even better if they just had a huge variety or it each time you summoned them you got a random NPC, there is already a lot of different merchants and bankers coded just pop them up with the same current menus. I do think there should be some needs only less nomadic merchants and bankers can handle.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

Options
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    personal feedback.....don't buy at regular price (Hope they go on sale)

They aren't worth 5k in crowns but do offer some QoLif you play with others......for now find a friend

I like the original Merchant skin.....though I do wish she smiled. She makes me feel guilty just for using her merchant services. However, if I did purchase the new reskin, or whatever they would be, I'd wait for another crown sale. Useful though they are, I'm not paying 5k.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I can't even be made anymore
    No, the post just above yours.

From this thread in September...

ZOS_JessicaFolsom wrote: »

Currently the team is still discussing the "premium" banker NPCs and how to make them truly special. While they discuss options, these bankers are on hold.

ZOS_JessicaFolsom wrote: »

» show previous quotes
    » show previous quotes

The new banker and merchant that were datamined were intended to be premium, with special cosmetic differences and unique VO. The team is sensitive to the fact that adding more/better in-game functionality would not be fair to those who already bought the current banker and merchant NPC. How the team can make them really special while keeping that in mind is what is still in discussion. :)

(Also, we have a general rule of not commenting on datamined things for this very reason. They're subject to change. We made an exception in this case to help quell the rumors and concern.)
    Options
  • Rokushakubo
    Rokushakubo
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Runs for the info, MUCH appreciated! That's more or less what I was after. I'll wait and see what they come up with. I've survived this long without these two, I'll survive a little longer.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Are they just reskins or added functionality? Your link calls them premium and Zos has indicated added functionality may be part of it though they're unsure how that will be introduced.
    Options
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭

idk wrote: »

Are they just reskins or added functionality? Your link calls them premium and Zos has indicated added functionality may be part of it though they're unsure how that will be introduced.

I thought they were reskins, but looking at the ZoS comment, it does seem as if they'll be premium versions with added function. This explains why it's taking so long, but personally, I'd have preffered reskin options for the current merchant/banker.
    Options
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

The devs aren't prepared to deal with the ranting that will likely ensue from some of the players who have already purchased the banker and merchant.

I think it's the exact opposite.

ZO released details about these premium NPCs via datamining and the forums. They would have different VO, were to be in crown crates, and would have no additional functionality.

There was both very little interest and fuss in the forums. Had people drooled over getting their hands on it or screamed bloody murder at how unfair it would be, they'd have been delighted. Cos that would drive crate sales. But generally people just didn't care.
    Options
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly? I don't really care that much for those reskins specifically that much. When I see an Argonian banker or merchant reskin, I'll take some interest in it. XP
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on January 6, 2018 4:29AM
    Options
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Lyranth as the merchant.

“How can I enable your petty financial transactions today, little mortal?”

And Angier Stower as the banker.
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly? I don't really care that much for those reskins specifically that much. When I see an Argonian banker or merchant reskin, I'll take some interest in it. XP

I would love a wider variety on skins and personalities for the banker and merchant. If they add, say, a male Altmer with a goofy personality (like Rumarin from the Skyrim's mod "Interesting NPCs"), I would actually be willing to drop that much crowns on it.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add them as skins for the current banker/merchant. Even leaves room for them to introduce other skins in the future. Problem solved.
    PC-NA Goat
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    Add them as skins for the current banker/merchant. Even leaves room for them to introduce other skins in the future. Problem solved.

Or add different voices and personalities and make their appearance fully customizable? :wink:
    Edited by Abeille on January 6, 2018 7:58PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    JKorr wrote: »

I think it's the exact opposite.

ZO released details about these premium NPCs via datamining and the forums. They would have different VO, were to be in crown crates, and would have no additional functionality.

There was both very little interest and fuss in the forums. Had people drooled over getting their hands on it or screamed bloody murder at how unfair it would be, they'd have been delighted. Cos that would drive crate sales. But generally people just didn't care.

Where did you see they were supposed to be in crown crates? Jessica commented a few times in this thread.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/368222/to-banker-or-not-to-banker/p1

there was some reaction, and it flares up periodically. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/289130/no-no-no/p1 Might be more of a reaction once a definite announcement comes out. If they lock added functionality behind the rng crates I think there will be more of a reaction.

Some speculation that the premium versions would have no added functionality, but would be restricted to ESO+ people only. :shrug:
    Options