Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Oblivion gates

ereboz
ereboz
✭✭✭✭
If this next update is indeed peryite I would love to see random oblivion gates that open up where you can kill hordes of daedra, then enter the gate to retrieve the sigil stone by defeating an epic daedra and use the stone to tweak your gear somehow.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peryite isn't really that evil in comparison to other princes... by your description it seems you want to turn him into mehrunes dagon so nty
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 3, 2018 7:00PM
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mehrues Dagon controlled Peryite to order the daedra forces of the lower sections of oblivion gates, so no, not Mehrues Dagon. And I don't get why any elder scrolls fan wouldn't want to see oblivion gates.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ereboz wrote: »
    Mehrues Dagon controlled Peryite to order the daedra forces of the lower sections of oblivion gates, so no, not Mehrues Dagon. And I don't get why any elder scrolls fan wouldn't want to see oblivion gates.

Lore source? And against his will? Dark anchors already serve as gates to oblivion realm of coldharbour
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 3, 2018 6:20PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Your source doesn't back up what you claimed.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All I got from that is that his followers would accedently got caught in the deadlands, mehrunes dagon's realm. Anyway @Enodoc is knowledgable with more and am sure can disprove you but I'm sure peryite isn't affiliated with dagon aside from being labeled evil by mortal standards
    Edited by Aliyavana on January 3, 2018 7:00PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several Oblivion Gates in the game already. City of Ash, Maelstrom Arena, quests, etc.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your source doesn't back up what you claimed.

Also this
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peryite is one of the weakest Daedric Princes. He deals with plagues and sickness. If anything, we'd get skeever invasions.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the peryite quest in Skyrim was one of the creepier ones. Bunch of cultists who go around spreading disease and worshiping at oozing cauldrons of sickly bile in his name? Freaky. I guess you denizens of the industrialized world are to accustomed to your vaccines and health care to grasp how really evil it would be to intentionally spread disease to entire populations. Don't worry--with the combination of Trump, climate change and superbugs, many of you'll probably know sooner than you realize.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    Peryite is one of the weakest Daedric Princes. He deals with plagues and sickness. If anything, we'd get skeever invasions.

Those Horking Skeevers!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

All I got from that is that his followers would accedently got caught in the deadlands, mehrunes dagon's realm. Anyway @Enodoc is knowledgable with more and am sure can disprove you but I'm sure peryite isn't affiliated with dagon aside from being labeled evil by mortal standards

I obviously wrote this wrong, all I was trying to say is Peryite was attached to oblivion gates. That's all
  • Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    Except he's not attached to Oblivion Gates at all. Peryite is in charge of keeping the natural order of the lower echelons of Daedric creatures, not "lower" planes of Oblivion. That means Daedra weaker in power than others.
    Not to mention imposing Oblivion Gates would be way too similar to Dark Anchors mechanically. Peryite has been shown to be more subtle when interacting in the mortal realm.

Oblivion Gates can still be used, but I think they would have to still be a Dagon kind of mechanic if he decides to get more involved than with Estre in the AD quest.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends how strict you want to be on the definition of "Oblivion Gates". Generally, an "Oblivion Gate" refers to the specific O-shaped entity filled with a portal of fire. While usually associated with Dagon, since they were his main means of assault during the Oblivion Crisis, it appears conceptually that this style of Oblivion gate could be summoned one way or another in relation to other Daedra as well. While in ESO they do appear in connection with Dagon (City of Ash, Firsthold, Edrald Estate), they also appear in connection to others - Boethiah in Dragonstar Arena and Fa-Nuit-Hen in Maelstrom are two that I can think of right now. Sigil Stones appear to be the general means for opening and maintaining this sort of Oblivion Gate.

Beyond that though, there are many other gates which go to Oblivion (usually distinguished from the above specific "O" gates by the more general term "Doors of Oblivion"), which include dark anchors, black books, Sheogorath's head, the Pillar of Thras, the Maelstrom of Bal, Jacinth and Rising Sun, and others. Peryite specifically has never been directly associated with an "Oblivion Gate"; indeed, the only Door he has summoned is this blue thing:
    OB-place-Peryite%27s_Realm.jpg
    Notably, that appeared in Oblivion, so the devs made specific effort to not re-use the Oblivion Gate asset for that Peryite quest. (Although it appears they didn't spend time creating new world assets, and just reused the Deadlands set for Peryite's realm - it remains to be seen if the whole of The Pits looks like this.)

Anyway, on the original proposal, as the Lord of Pestilence I don't think Peryite seems the type to have "hordes of Daedra". And I don't think any sane mortal (even one of his worshippers) would think initiating transpontine circumpenetration of the limen to his realm would be a good idea.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because if I wanted Oblivion Gates ad nauseum I'd boot up my copy of TES IV: Oblivion again and play that.

As nostalgitastic as the few Oblivion gate in this gate are, I've done enough Oblivion Gates to last me a long time.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oblivion-gates-oblivion-gates-everywhere.jpg

Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--