The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dailies for the Scarlet Judge

M_Volsung
M_Volsung
✭✭✭✭✭
So ok... we've done the quest and got the costume, now what?

I was wondering if anyone has ever floated the notion of having daily quests for the judge, I can't imagine I'm the first, because who wouldn't want to be Vvardenfell's answer to Batman?

Come on... suit up, thwart some evil, win prizes, fame, the accolades of an adoring populace, what's not to love?
Edited by M_Volsung on December 31, 2017 11:11PM
"In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Batman? It's the scarlet judge.

It should be Judge Dredd.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nana-nana-Nana-nana-Nana-nana-Nana-nana... Judge-man! :trollface:

On a more serious note...
    ...daily "punch the villain" quests (which you -have- to do in scarlet judge religia costume) would be way fun! Especialyl if they offered a wide varietee... one day its fighting through a dungeon to beat a robber, the other day its sneaking through a manor to seve some justice to a corrupt official, the next it might be rescuing a bunch of underage argonians from an slaver, the next facing down a "boss enemy" green-haired lanky maormer in purple armor coming at you with a crowbar and a big grin... ;)
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nana-nana-Nana-nana-Nana-nana-Nana-nana... Judge-man! :trollface:

...daily "punch the villain" quests (which you -have- to do in scarlet judge religia costume) would be way fun! Especialyl if they offered a wide varietee... one day its fighting through a dungeon to beat a robber, the other day its sneaking through a manor to seve some justice to a corrupt official, the next it might be rescuing a bunch of underage argonians from an slaver, the next facing down a "boss enemy" green-haired lanky maormer in purple armor coming at you with a crowbar and a big grin... ;)

I agree with this 100% and I was disappointed that this was not part of the dailies. :(
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It'd give the ending some sense - because this way it kind of made me feel like a jerk. I got offered the position of the defender of that town and accepted it - yet I left it never to come back. I mean, am I not supposed to stick around and help these people now? That awesome dunmer(he must be a halfblood or something. No way a real dunmer can be that nice) trusted me and I feel like I just did "yeah well whatever" and rushed on with my own business :( It feels extremely unfinished, a small touch like dailies is exactly what's needed to make it "right".
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...heck, there could even be an entirely new DLC working up to it!

I mean, we have dark brotherhood and thieves guild... why not an "Vigilantes Leage" DLC, with the now-retired-due-to-his-injuries post-questline scarlet judge as the introduction quest giver?

Where you don't have a set region, but travel all over the world to meet with various tamriel-tastic lawmen and vigilantes, help them fight criminal scum in every street; bash, stab and slash up villains and their henchmen in the name of justice; rescue damsels in distress of either gender (which may or may not include Stibbons, once again) from the bad guy/gals dastardly attentions, protect the innocent and so on... TG and DB members need not apply?

Something a little like the "enforcers guild" idea I once had: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/306759/additional-guild-ideas ;)
  • rune476
    rune476
    ✭✭✭
    I do love the Scarlet Judge, made my main to internally RP going through the entire game as one of the judges.

Was really bummed when i found the shoes are bugged.

many shoes are bugged on male characters
    Im not your pal, beeko.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I support this idea. :D We have penguin-equivalents, and with the existance of Khajiit no one would even bat an eye at a cat woman...
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so who do we have to poke with a stick to get some movement on this idea?
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just RP it as going out into the world to stop threats before they can make it to Suran.

"Oh no...the Spider Cult in Fungal Grotto has plans to move into Suran! Only one judge (and 3 friends) can stop them!"

But I agree...a daily quest would be fun too..
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I mean, we have dark brotherhood and thieves guild... why not an "Vigilantes Leage" DLC, with the now-retired-due-to-his-injuries post-questline scarlet judge as the introduction quest giver?

Where you don't have a set region, but travel all over the world to meet with various tamriel-tastic lawmen and vigilantes, help them fight criminal scum in every street; bash, stab and slash up villains and their henchmen in the name of justice; rescue damsels in distress of either gender (which may or may not include Stibbons, once again) from the bad guy/gals dastardly attentions, protect the innocent and so on... TG and DB members need not apply?

Something a little like the "enforcers guild" idea I once had: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/306759/additional-guild-ideas ;)

I really do wish for the sake of theme and alternatives we had some more heroic options. It strikes me as so bizarre that we can go forth as a hero to save the world and then become such evil SOB's for the rest of the game. I'm fine with some people wanting to be Riddick (or worse) but perhaps it would be nice to play some of the more heroic stuff as well? The Scarlet Judge was a great example of this though - great storyline but a slightly missed opportunity.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I support this idea. :D We have penguin-equivalents, and with the existance of Khajiit no one would even bat an eye at a cat woman...
    LOL, You might be the cat woman :)

Remember playing Skyrim the first time, going to Ivarstead went south then west, did not know of the Helgen route
    Helped some guy at an delve :) continued east and got into problems with two bears, escaped by jumping into an river in the bottom of an ravine, fought some wolfs and realized I should now meet an catgirl in fur bikini as I was following the Avatar movie plot in details except I was the catgirl :)

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Radinyn
    Radinyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gib
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This would be cool and a bit of fun.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be fun
  • Jarryzzt
    Jarryzzt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I smell a DLC themed around Sheogorath in heavy makeup and with his hair dyed green. That takes place inside a daedric asylum overrun by homicidal inmates. On an island.

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really do wish for the sake of theme and alternatives we had some more heroic options. It strikes me as so bizarre that we can go forth as a hero to save the world and then become such evil SOB's for the rest of the game. I'm fine with some people wanting to be Riddick (or worse) but perhaps it would be nice to play some of the more heroic stuff as well? The Scarlet Judge was a great example of this though - great storyline but a slightly missed opportunity.
    Indeed!
    I have several "good" characters who never started the TG and DB questlines (and often feel vexed they got a mandatory TG membership just from visiting Abah's Landing to grab skyshards), and would love to see them join mutually exclusive "heroic" guilds instead... but then, that is why I thought up those guild ideas in the first place!

Of course, I would far more have wished they had made the DLCs themselves "either-or" split, with choices to either join the "criminal" guilds, or their "heroic" counterparts, and play the same story "from the other side"... but alas, paths not taken.

Still, one can hope for them someday adding something along those lines to their game. It -would- make for a great addition methinks... and a "vigilante guild" could be fun, think of all the clichees they could make fun of in a fantasy-serious way! Meeting other vigilantes around tamriel, and their archvillains! Think of the possibilities! ;)
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Indeed!
    I have several "good" characters who never started the TG and DB questlines (and often feel vexed they got a mandatory TG membership just from visiting Abah's Landing to grab skyshards), and would love to see them join mutually exclusive "heroic" guilds instead... but then, that is why I thought up those guild ideas in the first place!

Of course, I would far more have wished they had made the DLCs themselves "either-or" split, with choices to either join the "criminal" guilds, or their "heroic" counterparts, and play the same story "from the other side"... but alas, paths not taken.

Still, one can hope for them someday adding something along those lines to their game. It -would- make for a great addition methinks... and a "vigilante guild" could be fun, think of all the clichees they could make fun of in a fantasy-serious way! Meeting other vigilantes around tamriel, and their archvillains! Think of the possibilities! ;)

The choice would have been amazing. I loved in Morrowind for instance how if you ended up allying with Telvanni it precluded you from becoming a retainer of House Redoran or a noble of house Hlaalu. I really feel the Iron Wheel and the Order of the Hour were lost opportunities if only to make replay of content.
    <And plenty more>
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The choice would have been amazing. I loved in Morrowind for instance how if you ended up allying with Telvanni it precluded you from becoming a retainer of House Redoran or a noble of house Hlaalu. I really feel the Iron Wheel and the Order of the Hour were lost opportunities if only to make replay of content.
    I agree, and those houses were -exactly- what I had been thinking of when I bemoan the lack of real choices in ESO.

It would have been so nifty if they had done it this way... play the TG story from the iron wheel side, struggle agaoinst overzealous fellow officers while stumbling over the truth that the "merchant prince" everyone is talking about may not be what he seems... or play the DB story from the order of the hour side, all eager to put a stop to those dastardly assassins, only to learn you are -actually- just sent to bury your bosses dirty little secrets...

Oh, well. Paths not taken.

And by the way... new topic up: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/387560/additional-guild-ideas-mk-ii
    ...this time with my ideas for vigilante guild fleshed out a little and added to the rest! ;)