Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't Log Into Characters parked in The Wailing Prison anymore.

Stefirex
Stefirex
✭✭✭
The title says it all. I have a few alts I created and leveled a bit in the wailing prison on both EU and NA and I can no longer log into them. I just get the loading screen forever. @ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by Stefirex on December 31, 2017 5:19AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stefirex wrote: »
    The title says it all. I have a few alts I created and leveled a bit in the wailing prison on both EU and NA and I can no longer log into them. I just get the loading screen forever. @GinaBruno

There are many better ways to level than in the Wailing Prison ...

There are many better ways to solve an in-game issue than starting a new thread in the forums ...
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The title says it all. I have a few alts I created and leveled a bit in the wailing prison on both EU and NA and I can no longer log into them. I just get the loading screen forever. @GinaBruno

There are many better ways to solve an in-game issue than starting a new thread in the forums ...

There are many better ways to end paragraphs then with ellipsis.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on December 31, 2017 5:03AM
  • Stefirex
    Stefirex
    ✭✭✭

First off, I can't report the problem "In Game" on a character I can't log INTO THE GAME. So, no, the forums are fine for getting solutions. They're also good for finding out if other people have the same issues.

As for how people choose to level, that's not up for your approval or debate.
    Edited by Stefirex on December 31, 2017 5:18AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    same here. I have a character I'm leveling in cold harbor on my @eglantinerose account on pc Na and haven't been able to get in to her in months. Tried a few requests from other characters on that account but no help yet
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Player can't even log into their character (game-breaking bug) and we are concerned with forum etiquette? C'mon man.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Player can't even log into their character (game-breaking bug) and we are concerned with forum etiquette? C'mon man.

To start a ticket, head to the support section of the forums located here:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home?region=US
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is going to sound stupid... And something like Chet would say...

Have you tried disabling all addons and logging into the characters in question?

I ask because I have had characters that were absolutely unable to log at all after dozens of times and after removing my addons they immediately were able to.

-edit to add- The easy way to do this is to just move your addons folder, and then move it back later.
    Edited by Runs on December 31, 2017 6:01AM
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Stefirex
    Stefirex
    ✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    This is going to sound stupid... And something like Chet would say...

Have you tried disabling all addons and logging into the characters in question?

I ask because I have had characters that were absolutely unable to log at all after dozens of times and after removing my addons they immediately were able to.

-edit to add- The easy way to do this is to just move your addons folder, and then move it back later.

Tried that first thing.
  • Stefirex
    Stefirex
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    same here. I have a character I'm leveling in cold harbor on my @eglantinerose account on pc Na and haven't been able to get in to her in months. Tried a few requests from other characters on that account but no help yet

Perfect example for why I started a thread. So I'm not alone. Thank you.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

remember specifically where you logged off in that area?
    wondering if its an area trigger that causes the infinite loading in that area
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Stefirex
    Stefirex
    ✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

Well seeing as how it's 4 different characters, 2 on NA and 2 on EU, I sincerely doubt they're all standing in the exact same location.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

Well seeing as how it's 4 different characters, 2 on NA and 2 on EU, I sincerely doubt they're all standing in the exact same location.

actually you'd be surprised, several triggers in that area are quite big, the one for the "stealth past the eye to destroy it" is quite chunky, then theres the door before cadwell that big daddy bal stops you getting in
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

• Stefirex
    Stefirex
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure they're all four near the mobs that I was killing repeatedly.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure they're all four near the mobs that I was killing repeatedly.

dunno then, i'm just grasping at straws to try help the devs help you :(

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Location wise, I tended to have her run 'back up the steps' when I was ready to log out.

Oh and PS yes I tried with addons disabled - no go

Edited by newtinmpls on January 2, 2018 9:59PM
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was a problem back when Wrothgar came out, characters getting stuck....
    & there is a way to put in a ticket and ask for your Character to be moved to a different wayshrine.

I guess you'd loose the chance to finish the tutorial but you'd have access to the character.
    Good Luck!
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it sad that they can take the time to move this thread without bothering to even respond to it at all.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!