The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vicious Death the best anti zerg set in ESO, that no one cares about.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaspar wrote: »
    It only works if you manage to have a killing blow.

Yes...

That's why you run it on someone who's going to get a lot of killing blows in a crowded area. What good does it do you to explode a player if there's no one around to catch fire? VD is all about setting off a chain reaction. Such as when a bomber leaps into a crowded group on a resource with proxy det and an ultimate going. One person with low health dies, VD procs, and if anyone dies from that, proxy det, or the ultimate...well, you've got the chain reaction.

So if you never get the killing blow, don't use it. If you rarely fight large groups of enemies, VD won't get much use. If you do kill a bunch of people in crowded choke points regularly on the other hand, VD is the proc set that fits that situation.
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I humbly request the opinion of a notable bomb blade.

Vd is good but honestly 1 bomber wearing it is going to be ineffective against ball groups because even if you kill one or 2 ppl to proc VD earthgore will have already procced and healed everyone else to full. It's a great anti Zerg set when you sit there and prox tether an unaware blob on a resource flag or destro bomb the Zerg at chal milegate or the bridge but for the most part it isn't going to really effect ball groups, such as my own, due to them running higher health, having enough heals to counter your damage and Earth Gore to proc and save them when they do get low.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was run aplenty back in the day. But nerfs to it and proxy /inevitable det really hit it hard.

With the destro train issues of the moment a buff to both would be nice.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    It was run aplenty back in the day. But nerfs to it and proxy /inevitable det really hit it hard.

With the destro train issues of the moment a buff to both would be nice.

Would love to see burst bombs like prox tether/proc leap/shall dawnbreaker get buffed up a bit, not sure how without making them op against ones and two but I much prefer to see burst bombing than destro pbaoe bombing.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bomb blade here, but hardly notable.

VD is not good for blowing up zergs. If there is anyone remotely organized or someone wearing Earthgore in the vicinity, there’s a good chance the bomb will flop.

The set is good, however, for blowing up potatoes who stand too closely together and are not quick on their reaction times. Which is hardly the use I think this set was intended for.

Also, all the things Ixtyr said.
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also find VDs effectivness to be very closely tied to how well you time your combo burst, a perfectly timed combo (ulti, prox and solar barrage all ticking at the same time) can actualy kill some heal bots, but if you miss it by 1 tick they get the heals off and the burst is ruined. It was suprisingly effective in a non stealth combat situation if you mist in for the bomb, and i had some sucess killing some higher ranked organised blobs when the combo was perfect.

VD exposes the weakest link (squishy player in the stack), and becomes ineffective when none are present.
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most ball groups are build around NB's that wear this set.
    You wont get many kills with this in an organized group, it's main use is bombing groups of pugs.

This is another thing ZOS added to fight large group's and all it did was help ball groups more.
    Group-Pugs-Called-Grumble.jpg

Those are really cute German Sheperd pups!
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait... I thought it was used by the zergers... with everyone running VD? ;)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it works absolutely perfect during those mid-year mayhem or IC anniversary events...

fighting fair is highly overrated - sneaking up and bombing a bunch of noobs while they're zoned out waiting for a flag to flip is a whole lot more fun :p

sadly, that's about the closest to a successful bomb build I've ever gotten...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    I have run it pretty extensively solo and in a zerg (gag), it is not very good in my opinion. It is way too situational to be useful. I have effectively used it on flags, doors, stairs, in towers, ect... It can be fun, but for actually stopping a zerg... nah.
    There are a few good bombers that put it to use, again... situationally...
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why it's being suggested VD isn't useful against good groups. It certainly can be highly effective. It's just that you're not going to successfully solo bomb a decent or tanky ball group with it.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »

I'm not a bomblade... But have done it when my group asks me too. VD is an awesome thing to have with you if you and like 3 other people are fighting zergs. I will almost never wear it as a primary set. With the constant nerfs to Eye of the storm it makes bombing harder and harder. I'm not that good at it to begin with

Do you mean faction or group
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh it's cared for a lot on Xbox Eu, but not as an anti-zerg tool nooo noo, but as *a* zerg tool. We have 3-4 people running in front of a humongous 2 group zerg, dropping eye of flame and proxy detonation over and over again - closely backed up by a bunch of healers. So come here, and you'll get your VD alright. :-)
  • EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    VD is ignored? Well I don't participate or keep up with the destro ball group meta, but I thought thats what they used. I thought ball groups were all just mag builds running vd, proxy and destro w/ healing and negate support. So if the ball groups are not running VD, then what are they running instead?
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VD is ignored? Well I don't participate or keep up with the destro ball group meta, but I thought thats what they used. I thought ball groups were all just mag builds running vd, proxy and destro w/ healing and negate support. So if the ball groups are not running VD, then what are they running instead?

There's usually someone running VD. But lately it seems like they're all running earthgore with 5-10 sets in the raid.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They nerfed VD to hard. Used to be a time when this set was deadly to even organised good groups, but no longer. Unless you run in a organised group yourself ^^
    EU | PC
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if you have a successful bomb it doesn't matter when 5 seconds later everyone is resurrected and back to full health.
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blazing shield builds were the true zerg busters. And ZoS nerfed them into the ground. And then buried them alive. Sure they were annoying, but they couldn't hurt small groups and demolished zergs. ZoS loves zergs. Every move they make is to encourage zergs play.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blazing shield builds were the true zerg busters. And ZoS nerfed them into the ground. And then buried them alive. Sure they were annoying, but they couldn't hurt small groups and demolished zergs. ZoS loves zergs. Every move they make is to encourage zergs play.

Blazing shield builds were the true zerg busters...only if the zerg was a disorganized group of players who didn't know what a blazing shield build was much less how to counter one.

But ZOS and those players didn't listen to the people saying that there were counters and ZOS doesn't like seeing 1 guy stand against a whole bunch of players for a long time, which is why they keep trying to figure out how to handle tanks in PVP. They want to hit the GOldilocks point but they don't really no how to get there.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more AOE caps this set just got a huge market value increase.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hi.

VD is still an excellent set, but not worthwhile to run on all of your 5 members of your small group. VD should only be on the builds/classes likely to get the most killing blows. Nightblades are the BiS for that because of their passives regarding ultimate gain and damage.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sitting here thinking I’m in the twilight zone with people wanting VD buffed. It’s not good for smal groups but the solo bomber can use it; and the ball group sorcs and NBs absolutely use it.
  • Getern
    Getern
    ✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    They nerfed VD to hard. Used to be a time when this set was deadly to even organised good groups, but no longer. Unless you run in a organised group yourself ^^

I am not sure if VD was directly nerfed. It was more of Detonation nerf and Heavy Armor Meta combined with way higher HP polls.

Detonation should hit as hard it used to, especially now. With way bigger cap on amount of enemies it can hit.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Vd is good but honestly 1 bomber wearing it is going to be ineffective against ball groups because even if you kill one or 2 ppl to proc VD earthgore will have already procced and healed everyone else to full. It's a great anti Zerg set when you sit there and prox tether an unaware blob on a resource flag or destro bomb the Zerg at chal milegate or the bridge but for the most part it isn't going to really effect ball groups, such as my own, due to them running higher health, having enough heals to counter your damage and Earth Gore to proc and save them when they do get low.

Would you say that it would be more effective to stack 2 damage sets against a group of your comp as a solo bomber? I know the wipe is hopeless, but by your reasoning yo
    Getern wrote: »
    Master_Kas wrote: »

I am not sure if VD was directly nerfed. It was more of Detonation nerf and Heavy Armor Meta combined with way higher HP polls.

Detonation should hit as hard it used to, especially now. With way bigger cap on amount of enemies it can hit.

No, VD was directly nerfed when they disabled crits on proc sets.
  • SlinkySlack
    SlinkySlack
    ✭✭✭
    Aah, good old VD... o the stories we can tell, but that will be off topic, right? I played ESO since PS4 launch. Back when I was a noob, rather a peasant among noobs, I recall the very first time I saw VD for sale in guildtrader. Boy o boy I got excited, mmm that 5 pc proc will surly help me a lot. Shocked by the price of a single piece (1handed sword went for ave of 15k gold), I started to save gold, back then gold drops was 1g to 10gold/ mob (well felt like it) and if you are in high lv zone, vivec damn mudcrabs kills you. Long story short, bought the set only to find it does not work at all. Tested it for an hour before I realized the difference between the wording of (enemy and player). Ok so this will never work PVE. God of cheese surly got a good laugh at me. Good old noob days, almost zero server LAG back then...

But all was not lost. I still saw great value in wearing only 4 pieces VD. When julianos set was released, VD became the only 4 pc PVE set at that stage. YES VD is PVP but on 5 pc only, when wearing only 4 pieces its the best 4 pc PVE set out there for staff users with MONSTER set and 5pc choice set and 4pc VD.

I still use it today as a 4pc PVE. I've actually never ever seen the 5pc proc, nor used the 5th pc proc.

Since Morrowind release I've been PVP vivec, each campaign trying an different character in different roles. I realized that I must make a choice, leave ESO or forever be nothing more than a healer, for LAG have destroyed all my DPS characters, LAG forced 2 tanks to reverted back to DPS only to be destroyed by LAG. What I'm saying is that my distance to server LAG is manageable but that changed when Morrowind was released. Server LAG amplifies distance to server lag to the extend that in a 10 sec battle, I only see 7sec, rest lost in LAG. It took me the last 3 months, I'm still not happy about it, to come to terms that my ESO career as VET TRIAL DD is over, basically ESO in generall is over for me... It does not matter which character in whatever role, using BIS or internet builds like ALCAST or DELTIA, hell it does not even matter if its 4am when server is quiet, non of my builds can reach above 20k DPS on dummy, in fact the highest score as of late was a mere 17k DPS. Ranges from 8k to 14k on ave. I get so frustrated for I still have my screen shots of my main mag sorc pulling 28k to 34k DPS and now, even more finely set up in all gold (legendary) gear with easy rotation getting 14k DPS. Lost 2 controllers in rage fit and almost the screen as well. Yeah fook LAG, I hate it.

Now I heal PVP for it seems to be the last and only role I can play. VD will not help me here...
    My current healer is a aoe and hot healer, no burst heal, does not use shields, nor major ward and major resolve, nope I out heal the damage, can handle about 2 enemy's but from 3 I need backup and fast, I am just a healer after all ;) Best is when NB attack me, out heal him, then kill him using healing staff, such a good feeling.