The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS, Please Rethink Your Decision to Penalize Nightblade Sneak Speed

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think a Khajiit NB in particular should have no stealth penalty. Or all Khajiit. It's a cat, that's what they do.

This guys going places .

Argonians should be camouflaged by environment too.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    I think a Khajiit NB in particular should have no stealth penalty. Or all Khajiit. It's a cat, that's what they do.

This guys going places .

Argonians should be camouflaged by environment too.

Yep, I agree. Replace potion passive with 'semi-invis when in water...' I'm sure that will make all Argonians very happy!

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Id like an overhaul on the stealth system.

Id like fog of war that you can go inside and nobody can see you from the outside.. letting you fight people inside without being zerg'd on.

Pvp needs work but what op wants is to strong for stamblade. All gankblades would just slot troll king.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarjako wrote: »
    Magblade: Has enough magicka to stay cloaked indefinitely... has speed buffs even without vampire in stealth.. and light armor defintely more tanky. I have one. THey're awesome. THey're fun. Bwahahaha

My Stamblade: Is vaporized for being almost as fast as my magblade in stealth.

Either way whatev. If that's the way devs want it? I'll play by the rules. But I'll say this... my 101 skillpoint magblade outperforms my 170 skillpoint stamblade straight out the gate in Cyrodiil. My first time out I was expecting to get my butt handed to me with a side of taters... but nope. My baby magblade wipes the floor with tenured and seasoned stamblades allllll the time. It's kinda not fair. Just an observation.

Stamblade are the best pvp aspect currently. You can deal with it.
  • Carual
    Carual
    Soul Shriven
    How I see This post:
    OH stamblade have nothing to play stealth, its not like its having the invisibility OP, or the most broken ultimate that Scream "use this for gank", NO, But nightblades need a buff to speed, i mean its not like it is the most OP class already.

The point of vampirism and sets like this is to gain power in exchange of survivability, not ask for a buff in a class that have already invisibility inmuno to DoTs, and one of the cheapest ulti-broken in this game.

nightblades are a class with a focus on stealth, yes, that doesnt mean that needs a buff on stealth, that means you need to use the stealth with skill to get the positive results.

At this moments i can think 3 nerf to nightblades, it doesnt need a buff.
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything helping Nightblades, I'm against.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You designed Nightblade with specific focuses on stealth/sneaking, but you penalize the class' sneak speed (same as every other class) unless the character becomes a vampire (for Dark Stalker passive) or uses up a 5 piece set bonus (Night's Silence or Shadow Dancer's Raiment).

It seems like an odd decision to penalize sneaking on the class that you designed for stealth! Might I suggest adding the "Ignore the Movement Speed penalty while in Crouch" coding into the current Nightblade passive Dark Veil? That, or a similar decision, seems logical.
    Because I know people will bring it up, yes, Concealed Weapon offers a separate movement bonus while stealthed or invisible, which is great for magicka Nightblades. It's not as useful for Stamina Nightblades, who have to give up a key skill in Surprise Attack to access Concealed Weapon.

Edit: Updated on 5/28/18 to tag class reps that I could find.

@Alcast
    @Checkmath
    @FeaR Turbo
    @Hexys
    @Joy_Division
    @KenaPKK
    @Liofa
    @Masel92
    @Quantum_V
    @stileanima
    @Tasear

They're trying to make roles viable across all classes. They also nerfed Templar heals. And they also made chains available to everyone, not just DK, through a modification to the Fighter's Guild skills.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    You designed Nightblade with specific focuses on stealth/sneaking, but you penalize the class' sneak speed (same as every other class) unless the character becomes a vampire (for Dark Stalker passive) or uses up a 5 piece set bonus (Night's Silence or Shadow Dancer's Raiment).

It seems like an odd decision to penalize sneaking on the class that you designed for stealth! Might I suggest adding the "Ignore the Movement Speed penalty while in Crouch" coding into the current Nightblade passive Dark Veil? That, or a similar decision, seems logical.
    Because I know people will bring it up, yes, Concealed Weapon offers a separate movement bonus while stealthed or invisible, which is great for magicka Nightblades. It's not as useful for Stamina Nightblades, who have to give up a key skill in Surprise Attack to access Concealed Weapon.

Edit: Updated on 5/28/18 to tag class reps that I could find.

@Alcast
    @Checkmath
    @FeaR Turbo
    @Hexys
    @Joy_Division
    @KenaPKK
    @Liofa
    @Masel92
    @Quantum_V
    @stileanima
    @Tasear

They're trying to make roles viable across all classes. They also nerfed Templar heals. And they also made chains available to everyone, not just DK, through a modification to the Fighter's Guild skills.

Roles such as Healing, Tanking, and Damage are being made viable on each class. We're talking about stealth, which isn't really a role, is it? I guess someone could make the case for stealth roles in PVP, but in PVE stealth is useless in group content where roles are in play.

The Nightblade has skill lines designed for sneaking, but gets their sneak speed penalized -- just doesn't make sense to me.