The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Boyant Armiger Drop Rate and locations

Hamfast
Hamfast
✭✭✭✭
I know the drop rate is someplace between zero and nil, I have opened hundreds of chests all over Vvardenfell both on the surface and in the delves since the word came out that the Boyant Armiger chapters would drop from them. From Simple to Master level chests, and I have found almost zilch (2 or 3 chapters that time). I have heard of people finding 3 in a few hours...

Is there any way to increase my chances to find the motif chapters? a better location? run around on a level 1 character?
Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. For me, a single motif is between 200-1000 chests. Yes you read that correctly.
    Just keep farming, I do a little each day. Somtimes you will get extremely lucky! One toon found 2 BA motifs in 1 week without Morrowind Adventurer. Then sometimes you will never be lucky - I went between HOTR and CWC without finding a single motif, literally found 1 the day HOTR dropped and the next the day CWC dropped.

So either get rich (pages are about 100k each now) or get ready for a long grind.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Treasure hunter passive, treasure maps, and be a friend of vivec(I think that's just finishing the main zone quest)... I'm not digging up the links. Treasure hunter passive and increased odds with treasure maps was done with CWC, I believe. Friend of the island or friend of vivec was in the release of Morrowind patch notes.

I got my set before CWC... Pretty sure I used at least 10k lockpicks, but some of those forces were not successful. I also bought 2-4 of the chapters needed but sold something like 6 duplicates. You have to be pretty determined to farm this. At this point if the increased rates supposedly added with CWC are still bad, I would suggest finding another way to farm gold and then just buying the pieces.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can say since the CWC that the drop rate appears to have increased by 250%... but 250% of 0 is still 0...

I understand the idea to farm cash and buy the chapters, but I am talking about farming them, and in my own way, hoping to point out to the powers that be that there is still an issue with the drop rate.

I almost put it in as a bug, that the drop rate may not be the same for everyone (some folks a better chance then others) but as both of you have said, the drop rate for you is as bad as mine... granted, anyone with the RNG God's favor would not care to point it out, not when they can sell each extra chapter for 100k to 300k or more.

I will continue to farm, thank you for your replies
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I farmed this for the past two days now...
    not.
    one.
    single.
    motif.

Though, i did find 3 war maiden swords and sold them for about 200k together.
    I see them in guild stores for like... 200k each. But thats ridiculous. Pretty sure noone is paying over 100k for it just like other set weapons.

Back to the motifs... why don't they drop?? Do they REALLY think people will continue to go around opening hundreds of chests to NOT even get one? I literally opened 200-300 chests yesterday.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • ihazzit
    ihazzit
    ✭✭✭
    I can only speak anecdotally, but I have the TH passive and friend of Vivec all since early November on one character and I've been doing farming runs where I farm either morning or afternoon then always at night. I didn't do any last week though, but since November I've gotten one motif chapter. I do however have a couple alts' inventory full of Defiler and War Maiden and Warrior-Poet equipment to sell.
    If you are angry about anything in this game you are only punishing yourself.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ihazzit wrote: »
    I can only speak anecdotally, but I have the TH passive and friend of Vivec all since early November on one character and I've been doing farming runs where I farm either morning or afternoon then always at night. I didn't do any last week though, but since November I've gotten one motif chapter. I do however have a couple alts' inventory full of Defiler and War Maiden and Warrior-Poet equipment to sell.

Decon those sets, no one pays for them anymore.

I'm still missing 1 page of BA - chests. Last time I saw it for sale, was over a month ago for 350k, and I refuse to pay that much on principle. Still selling duplicate pages now, as I haven't found a chests page in that month, nor can I find one for sale on PC NA whenever I remember to search traders.

I will agree that the drop rate has gone up since CWC - but the only change was *supposed* to be an increaed chance of pages from Master Chests and Tresure Maps with Treasure Hunter. The 5 pages I have found since CWC were in intermediate and simple chests, with 1 from a Treasure Map. I don't think the "increased chance" was as advertised in the patch notes.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on December 28, 2017 1:05AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still missing 1 page of BA - chests. Last time I saw it for sale, was over a month ago for 350k, and I refuse to pay that much on principle. Still selling duplicate pages now, as I haven't found a chests page in that month, nor can I find one for sale on PC NA whenever I remember to search traders.

You're selling duplicate BA pages for 120k-180k each approximately ... but won't buy the chest motif which has a higher market price (for which two of the sold pages would buy)?

Trying to decipher the logic in that ... but OK.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 28, 2017 1:45AM
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ihazzit wrote: »

Decon those sets, no one pays for them anymore.

I've been selling warmaiden stuff still... especially the swords.
    Divine gear isn't super expensive, maybe 10-15k/piece

On ps4 NA
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope and pray that the ESO anniversary event drops Motif pages again and the RNG smiles on you as to type.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope and pray that the ESO anniversary event drops Motif pages again and the RNG smiles on you as to type.

Wish I could give 100 “agrees”. Definitely hoping for this
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You're selling duplicate BA pages for 120k-180k each approximately ... but won't buy the chest motif which has a higher market price (for which two of the sold pages would buy)?

Trying to decipher the logic in that ... but OK.

100k each actually, and that's a lot different that 350k... and you skipped the part where I said I can't find it for sale.

Should have paid attention in reading comprehension lessons.