The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Remove pvp alerts

boobafinno
boobafinno
✭✭✭
I am not sure how this addon named, probably it's "Miat PVP alerts" correct me if i wrong, but no matter what it is, ZOS should to remove it! It is absurd when player got a notification about bullet flying to him. if ZOS accept this kind of addons, probably we also need a minimap with every payer on it lets make this pvp like in GTA5 !? Ppl already are too tanky in pvp, and ZOS give them possibility to avoid any attack no matter where are u looking at.
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If tankiness is the problem, removing Miat's is not the solution.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS didn't intentionally give this to players. It's a semi abusive add-on. They've stated they are working on removing the API features that allow it to work. The problem is I imagine that its hard to block this add-on without also breaking other useful things like RaidNotifier or CombatMetrics.
  • boobafinno
    boobafinno
    ✭✭✭
    tankiness is another problem, and this topic is not about it.. its about how ppl able to dodge roll in very right moment while u attacking them from their backs
  • boobafinno
    boobafinno
    ✭✭✭
    Nihility42 wrote: »
    ZOS didn't intentionally give this to players. It's a semi abusive add-on. They've stated they are working on removing the API features that allow it to work. The problem is I imagine that its hard to block this add-on without also breaking other useful things like RaidNotifier or CombatMetrics.

i see.. well,i hope they'll handle it
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well raidnotifier is the same *** for pve if you ask me. It lets incompetent players compete in situations that they otherwise wouldn´t be able to.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Posted by Gina on December 21st:
    T4T2FR34K wrote: »
    When are you going to do something about Miats?

You'll see something in the next update - it will likely be detailed in the API notes so addon authors can make necessary adjustments before the update is released.

So next update, fingers crossed.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Well raidnotifier is the same *** for pve if you ask me. It lets incompetent players compete in situations that they otherwise wouldn´t be able to.

Agree here. It's kinda funny how the same people can call Miat total bull**** and broken tool while calling RaidNotifier usefull and clever. Both are giving unheatlhy adventage over people who are not using it and allow to replace brain with add-on alerts poping out on screen.
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    oh no! OP cant snipe spam people anymore! ZOS MUST FIX!!!!

:lol:
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »

Agree here. It's kinda funny how the same people can call Miat total bull**** and broken tool while calling RaidNotifier usefull and clever. Both are giving unheatlhy adventage over people who are not using it and allow to replace brain with add-on alerts poping out on screen.

I get your point but the difference is raid bosses don't come to the forums and complain.

I think it's more "unfair" against real players. I competitively raided in Wow for years and raid notifier was mandatory with all serious guilds....and I think at some point raid notifier were added to the UI in game...sorry getting old, memory slips.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh no! OP cant snipe spam people anymore! ZOS MUST FIX!!!!

:lol:

Yeah you nailed it....

Snipe has an audible cue. An incoming frags from above or stealth does not. A player shouldn't be given crutches to avoid what he can't see or hear.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sick of this addon its ruining my pvp experience.
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*