Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How would you rank the classes in pvp this patch?

Micah_Bayer
Micah_Bayer
✭✭✭✭✭
^
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say
    Stam warden
    Mag Warden
    Stam Nightblade
    Mag Nightblade -Mag sorc- Stam Templar
    Mag Dk -Mag Templar
    Stam sorc-Stam DK
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say second is stamblade. So bring down Mag Warden.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    I'd say second is stamblade. So bring down Mag Warden.
    Yeah stamblade is very strong at the moment due to incap having defile.

I also don’t think Stam sorc should be at the bottom. Stam sorc and stamplar are at about the same place and I’d put them alongside mag sorc and mag nb
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag warden is not #2.

Too much is dependent on context. MDK very strong in 1v1, but kind of meh in open world or large groups. Though I'd say Stam wardens are very good whatever the context.

I don't have too much of an issue with class balance when it comes to how strong they are relative to each other. I am more concerned that with every patch all the classes get nerfed and that power gets siphoned into the Champion system and new OP gears sets to entice us to buy DLCs.
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Openworld? Solo? Duels? Smallscale? All classes are different for each category. Stamwarden probably top or near for most thpugh.
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    1. Stam Warden
    2. Stamblade
    3. Magdk/mag templar
    4. Magsorc/mag warden/ mag nb
    5. Stamplar/stamsorc/stamdk
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're all pretty close and depends on the player/build more than anything else. Baddies can't handle the stam warden or stam blade burst and/or though. Those two are probably top dogs bc of it.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the category ?
    Solo / group play ... ?
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on December 25, 2017 8:36PM
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class balance is pretty good this patch. Stamden above everybody, of course, and it would be nice if all the nightblade skills worked as tooltipped.

For the nightblades, anyway.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMO

1. Stam Warden
    2. Mageblade
    3. Stamblade
    4. Mag Warden
    5. Magplar
    6. Stamplar
    7. Mag sorc
    8. mDK
    9. Stam sorc
    10. Stam DK

That’s taking duels, BGs, solo open world, and small group play into account(for raid play we drop Stam Warden below all magika except dk and stamblade, stamplar, Stam DK make the bottom 3, with Stam sorc being somewhere above mDK but below the good magika specs and with mageblade far and away the strongest). Overall, I think class balance is decent 2-8. I believe 1, 9, & 10 are outliers that need to be brought in line.

I think the significant balance issues right now that push us into a magika meta is the itemization. There’s no stamina equivalent to amber, Necro, desert rose, Lich, or riposte. While there are a couple of really appealing stamina sets that don’t have magika counterparts(7th, bone pirate, poisonous serpent) and cowards is comparable to transmutation(trans is stronger but I’m playing devils advocate) the itemization is just too strong in favor of magika since the previous best stamina sets(damage procs) got nerfed.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 25, 2017 8:49PM
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    #1 stamblade
    #2 stam warden
    #3 mag blade/mag sorc/magDK
    #4 magplar/magWarden
    #5 stamDK/stamplar/stam sorc

i put stamblade over stam warden cos its the natural counter to stam warden and cos its very strong vs all other classes too
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »
    #1 stamblade
    #2 stam warden
    #4 magplar/magWarden

i put stamblade over stam warden cos its the natural counter to stam warden and cos its very strong vs all other classes too

Stamblade does not counter Stam Warden when the warden is built properly. You’ve got all those gear slots to account for your only weakness, defiles, if the warden isn’t building a solution to defiles then he’s bad.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    #1 stamblade
    #2 stam warden
    #4 magplar/magWarden

Stamblade does not counter Stam Warden when the warden is built properly. You’ve got all those gear slots to account for your only weakness, defiles, if the warden isn’t building a solution to defiles then he’s bad.

its not only defile. its also cos warden has no reliable way to pull the NB out of stealth so the NB can just reset the fight till he eventually wins. basically if you´re a NB(not you personally but in general if you know what i mean) and you lose 1v1 vs a stam warden you have massive amounts of down syndrome. there is simply no other excuse. and no running detection pots is not a viable option :p
    Edited by lao on December 25, 2017 10:05PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1 stamblade
    #2 stam warden
    #4 magplar/magWarden

What’s a solution to defile?

And don’t say TK - it won’t help with stamblade burst.

The lethal stamblade combo is poison injection with master bow (dot still applies if you absorb shield)
    Then fear then Incap

Then assassins will or whatever if they can get it off before block or shimmering goes up. Usually they can’t but stamden won’t recast shimmering and block won’t absorb all the dmg

Stamden has no counter unless it goes permablock.

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Openworld solo:
    • Stamwarden
    • Stamblade
    • Magblade/Magsorc/Stamplar
    • Stam sorc/Stam DK/MagWarden
    • Mag DK/Mag Templar

Openworld group:
    • Magplar/Magsorc
    • Magden/Stamden/Magblade
    • Else (Everything else can provide something, but not unique/best)
    • StamDK

Duels:
    • MagDK
    • Stamden/Magden
    • Magblade/Magsorc
    • Stamplar/Magplar
    • Stamsorc/NB
    • StamDK
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    #1 stamblade
    #2 stam warden
    #4 magplar/magWarden

The lethal stamblade combo is poison injection with master bow (dot still applies if you absorb shield)
    Then fear then Incap

Then assassins will or whatever if they can get it off before block or shimmering goes up. Usually they can’t but stamden won’t recast shimmering and block won’t absorb all the dmg

Good stamblades are one of the hardest classes to fight against on my warden. Hard hitting mageblades are also a pain if I keep having to cc break, cast shimmering, deal with roots and have to heal up.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol it amazing so many people still underestimate magblade. If you actually build a dueling magblade build it's kind of broken.
    1) stamden
    2) magplar (super strong right now)
    3)magblade/ mag dk/ stamblade
    4) stamplar/ magden/ mag sorc
    5) stam dk/ stam sorc

Mag sorc i feel is still really good it can be placed higher. Mag templar is the most under rated class right now i feel. It's secrectly unstoppable if built right. I actually think you can make a case for it being number 1 because of all the group utility. As for stamden it's just unkillable. It's kind of annoying
  • SouthernSoldjer
    I'm thinking magplars and mag dks running it everyone else seems even. I play a stamplar.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    #1 stamblade
    #2 stam warden
    #4 magplar/magWarden

In general I agree with this ^ although I would expand #5 to the following since I think the gaps are still significant:

#5 Stamsorc
    #6 Stamplar
    #7 StamDk
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    #1 stamblade
    #2 stam warden
    #4 magplar/magWarden

In general I agree with this ^ although I would expand #5 to the following since I think the gaps are still significant:

#5 Stamsorc
    #6 Stamplar
    #7 StamDk

I just can't see stamblade as number one. Whats putting them ahead of stamden or even magblade
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I just can't see stamblade as number one. Whats putting them ahead of stamden or even magblade

A couple things, and none of it’s new. First and foremost, the up front burst. Most people in cyrodiil simply cannot handle a proper incap combo. I front bar merciless resolve and using that to follow up after an incap with the damage buff crits for absurd numbers. Secondly, cloak+shade. These two skills grant immense juke and outplay potential, especially with terrain and line of sight in the picture. Finallly, stamblade has such great innate sustain. Both with passives and active skills like leeching and merciless resolve. This lets you comfortably run builds others might struggle with. A final thing is the master bow. The item was a direct buff to the stamblade this patch cus no other class uses it as well.

Stamblade has always been #1 or #2 for solo and great for small scale. The main competition for the solo throne has always been mag sorc, but the removal of the stun from frags makes stamblade the undisputed champ for solo play imo. Stamden is also good obviously, but I jokingly say stam den is like *** strength and gives tremendous survivability and burst with little input. In contrast, stamblade feels more refined with more finesse and has a higher skill cap imo.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »

A couple things, and none of it’s new. First and foremost, the up front burst. Most people in cyrodiil simply cannot handle a proper incap combo. I front bar merciless resolve and using that to follow up after an incap with the damage buff crits for absurd numbers. Secondly, cloak+shade. These two skills grant immense juke and outplay potential, especially with terrain and line of sight in the picture. Finallly, stamblade has such great innate sustain. Both with passives and active skills like leeching and merciless resolve. This lets you comfortably run builds others might struggle with. A final thing is the master bow. The item was a direct buff to the stamblade this patch cus no other class uses it as well.

Stamblade has always been #1 or #2 for solo and great for small scale. The main competition for the solo throne has always been mag sorc, but the removal of the stun from frags makes stamblade the undisputed champ for solo play imo. Stamden is also good obviously, but I jokingly say stam den is like *** strength and gives tremendous survivability and burst with little input. In contrast, stamblade feels more refined with more finesse and has a higher skill cap imo.

He nailed it - only thing he didn't mention is that savage CC/debuff known as fear.

IMO Stamden has a bit more going for it overall but good stamblades tend to destroy Stamdens.
    Edited by Solariken on December 26, 2017 1:22AM
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »

But i would argue that magblade has everything stamblade has but with higher burst damage, better cc, higher survivability, higher skill ceiling and better sets to choose from. Magblade Still has cloak and shade with most of its damage coming from range which makes cloak and shade even stronger. I don't think stamblade is bad i just think it's some other builds that got more going for them. For solo play i do agree you could make a case for stamblade being number 1, but for small group play i think magblade is better hands down. I also think light armor magblade is better than heavy armor stamblade for solo pvp. With medium armor stamblade being better than light armor magblade for solo play because of shuffle and the snare removal
    Edited by thankyourat on December 26, 2017 3:01AM
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Mag NB
    2. Mag Warden
    3. Mag DK
    4. Mag Sorc
    5. Mag Templar
    6. Stam Warden
    7. Stam DK
    8. Stam NB
    9. Stam Sorc
    10. Stam Templar
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People putting stamplar low. My lord git good, and stamden any other place than 1, (or near top for duels) is incorrect.
    Edited by ak_pvp on December 26, 2017 2:06PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to put any stamina build above a magicka build in the dueling meta. Defile is too strong against stamina and shield stacking ignores that.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    People putting stamplar low. My lord git good, and stamden any other place than 1, (or 2 for duels) is incorrect.

It's so much easier to avoid a stamden's combo than a NB's. With a hard CC that goes through block, Merc's gonna be unblocked/avoided.

While Stamden is also much easier to kite
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    #1 stamblade
    #2 stam warden
    #4 magplar/magWarden

its not only defile. its also cos warden has no reliable way to pull the NB out of stealth so the NB can just reset the fight till he eventually wins. basically if you´re a NB(not you personally but in general if you know what i mean) and you lose 1v1 vs a stam warden you have massive amounts of down syndrome. there is simply no other excuse. and no running detection pots is not a viable option :p

Can’t survive the burst and can’t deal damage without getting in burst range. You literally just break his cloaks with melee light attacks(and bashes) when he’s in close range.
    #1 stamblade
    #2 stam warden
    #4 magplar/magWarden

Then fear then Incap

If you have shimmering up then the bow proc is irrelevant, if you CC break and block cast spores(bash)vigor(bash) you’ll survive AND break his cloak with the bashes, you’ll also proc the CP passive riposte and put ~5k total damage on him while being defensive, you then don’t even need sub to kill him.

Stamblade can’t be #1 when a class defining skill is so ridiculously bugged that it breaks on the “aoe” hit box from all light attacks. Mageblade is superior to stamblade in every single relevant situation as well.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on December 26, 2017 2:51AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1 stamblade
    #2 stam warden
    #4 magplar/magWarden

Can’t survive the burst and can’t deal damage without getting in burst range. You literally just break his cloaks with melee light attacks(and bashes) when he’s in close range.
    #1 stamblade
    #2 stam warden
    #4 magplar/magWarden

Then fear then Incap

If you have shimmering up then the bow proc is irrelevant, if you CC break and block cast spores(bash)vigor(bash) you’ll survive AND break his cloak with the bashes, you’ll also proc the CP passive riposte and put ~5k total damage on him while being defensive, you then don’t even need sub to kill him.

Stamblade can’t be #1 when a class defining skill is so ridiculously bugged that it breaks on the “aoe” hit box from all light attacks. Mageblade is superior to stamblade in every single relevant situation as well.

I love how you say these top level things like it's just something everyone knows Lexxy lol.

Especially when your opponent isn't just standing there letting you so whatever you want lol.

I don't even have a dueling spec anymore
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im not really sure why magsorc is rated low, but vivec is full of unkillable jumping magsorcs.
    Other than that for every 1 other class, there are 2 nightblades.