The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZoS, Allow Players To Finish Dungeon Quests - No More Auto-Kick

• Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, it's not enough to expand kick-timer only.
    Many dungeons must be re-made to let players wait for the scripted NPC dialogues without being left behind.
    For you know, some people can't speak English at all and they don't know how to say others that they need to complete the quest. Moreover, some new players don't even know how to use in-game chat. And there're so many players who don't care if someone left behind to complete their quest.

Also, there's an issue with forced dialogue skipping. I always feel like I have to skip it to not bother othe players in the group. But this is for another discussion thread.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tommy_The_Gun: Yeah, Tempest Island is particularly nasty in terms of what you have to do additionally when you have the quest. You do get PUGs that don't feel like clearing the beach etc. I've witnessed the contrary too though, groups that had fun killing the lamias on the beach even though it wasn't necessary. :) There's all kinds of people out there...
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when I had this problem, then I joined a guild. But yeah, this is an issue and auto-kick is really annoying when you ask other people to waste their time for some stranger like you. Not everyone will wait, but the only fix is actually taking screenshots of dialogs or joining some guild with nice and helpful players. :(
    PC/EU
  • Remmo
    Remmo
    ✭✭
    Another issue with the auto kick is those of us who get frequent disconnects from the game (which is a whole other enraging can of worms). There's been a few instances where I haven't been able to loot the final boss because by the time I've got back into the game the timer is practically done and of course, the group has gone or I've been kicked from the group.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Olgierd wrote: »
    Dude if you say i have quest about this dungeon most of the people will wait you. This is not a big deal.

That is 100% not the case. I have mentioned it before a good 5 minutes before end, and more often than not , when I am a lowbie toon, the cp ppl fly through, skip quest bosses and quit before i can even talk to the quest giver IF I was lucky enough to have people do the quest bosses.
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a thread about this myself ages ago.

If they won’t remove the kick timer at least add a solo version of the dungeons so we can do the quests without spamming past dialogue or being autokicked.
    Edited by Vrienda on January 3, 2018 12:43PM
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really like to leave when I'm ready. I don't have a keyboard for my PS4, so it takes way too long to type "Chest" or "Heavy sack" using the stupid onscreen keyboard, by which time the rest of the group (usually lowbies who don't know where such things spawn) have run to the next area. So if the instance ended when everyone ported out, that would mean anyone could go back through and check for loot without having to worry about it taking forever to pick a chest en route. Or of course finish the quest and get the skill point.

What they should do is put wayshrine at the end of the dungeon - but a proper wayshrine, so to port you back to the overworld. Or else a portal back to the start, so you can leave through the door.

Edited by LadyLethalla on January 3, 2018 12:44PM
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no reason to kick the last player out of a dungeon. NONE. This is the most stupidest crap.

I do ask peeps to stick with me so I can turn a quest in, you know the one, the LONG RP BS crap at the end of a dungeon that you will be kicked while waiting on cause no one wants to listen to it over and over.

Laziness at not addressing this LONG ago is no excuse to not address it now, ZOS.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dude if you say i have quest about this dungeon most of the people will wait you. This is not a big deal.

No they don't. Groups I'm in never wait.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support this change as long as it doesn't impact queue times. Why should anyone care if a player wants to go back and loot containers and hunt for chests and such. I think it would overall be an improvement to the game.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Maybe a timer extension for dungeon completion token from crown crates?

I kid, I kid

"Coming soon to a crown crate near you!"

(be careful for what you wish for, because... reasons..... >:) )
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭

"Most" being the key word here. You must not have to PUG much.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes this is a problem. I had to do selenes 3 times because of a combination of people leaving and a glitch where I couldn't loot the boss.and I have for tempest island because everyone hauled butt through so fast by the time I had the quest everyone was at the first boss. So yeah it sucks. You should get the skill point when you kill the boss really.
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    this is the most stupid thing in this game, it is really ridiculous and badly designed. on most of my alt characters i left most dungeons unfinished because of this bad design. there should be a way to be able to deliver the quest or skip the stupid talk. i'll never be able to finish selene's web on my alts because the npcs takes forever to talk and talk and talk and everyone goes away and there's never time to deliver the quest. it's unspeakably badly designed. really ridiculous. this bug has almost 4 years and it wasn't yet fixed. at least let us skip the stupid npc talk :\

How about Vaults of Madness? The ghosts have literal small talk "How are you Gaston?" REALLY??? Meanwhile, your group has already cleared the next two groups of mobs.

Sweetpea704
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like to explore dungeons and trials to find heavy sacks and chests hidden away, I found a heavy sack at the end of Arx corinium keep going forward after the last boss, you find a broken bridge jump off the left side on a wall to the right you'll see a skeleton with a heavy sack next to him
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've always felt like the timer should give you enough time after killing the final boss to turn in your quest as most times the quest return marker is right near the final boss. Sometimes in dungeons like Darkshade 1 though where you have to walk a little bit it can be tough to get there before timer runs out. Either way I've never had issues with not being able to turn in quest if I say something at the beginning. Yeah if you want everyone to wait for you to read the dialogue that's not going to happen, nor should you expect it to. They aren't going to extend the timer or anything though. Even if they see this as an issue I'm sure its far down on the totem pole.
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna boldly say there is way to damn much chatter in the dungeon quests and what ZOS would do if they were really treating them as a quest is give you an opportunity to play some kind of solo version and scale *** way the hell down. Then you could get all those skill points at your own pace and roll the group dungeons whenever the hell you want. Treat them as a delve with a quest or like a public dungeon that does not require you to go in with a group because again, that would defeat the purpose of the idea I propose.

As is, nobody really gets a chance to do the actual quest because nobody gets the time to read or listen to dialogue making them *** all stupid in the first place. If only one person doesn't have it, the rest might wait for you at the end but they will fly through the whole dungeon with zero consideration for the fact that you have markers that need to be updated or else the whole quest is a fail.

But really? Too much talking from these NPCs and no basis in reality that there are likely to be 3 people who have done that dungeon a gazillion times and one that never did it and why should the three people have to stand there though paragraph after paragraph of tedious chatter that others already suffered through. Make a damn solo version that you do once for the skill point and some XP if you wish. I suspect zos would fear that people might not then do the grouping but they could always remove the drops and place them with overland loot equivalent to a delve. Imagine that? Making a system that responds to the need of players! What a novel idea! Simply disable the quests in a group dungeon and enable them in single version. God knows they have a billion versions going just to keep this thing from grinding to a halt. Why not add more dungeons so people can actually do the quests as intended. Frankly there are times when it seems like they just don't understand the mind of players and this is one of them.

I mean has anyone ever really had time to take in all of these quests? Or is it just fly by the seat of your pants and hope to get the gist of things or maybe just do it for that skill point that you might desperately need?
    Edited by CombatPrayer on January 3, 2018 2:55PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

The reason for the auto kick when you are no longer in a group, is to keep the max number of people to 4 in any one instance. Also, if someone gets vote kicked from group, they can't stick around and cause trouble.

No, not really. If you enter a dungeon manually, which no one ever seems to do, you can stay in the dungeon, solo, as long as you want to after the rest of the group has left. It is only when using the Group Finder that players are kicked after the group disbands.

Also, if Crown would just leave the group rather than disband, this allows the other players to remain grouped so the GF will not pull them out until the group no longer exists.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Llaren_Uvayn
    Llaren_Uvayn
    ✭✭✭
    Also, once they fix this, I'd like to be able to re-do the dungeon quests because I skipped through almost all of the dialogue for each one. It's a shame of all the effort they put into those quests, really.
    PS4 / EU

Sadryn Hlervu: Warden tank
    Llaren Uvayn: Templar healer and faithful Tribunal servant
    Ashanabi Addunipu: Ashlander mercinary from the grazelands
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I just barely know what is happening in the dungeons. I race through dialogue because I'm there to do the dungeon not the quest. The quest is a skill point and I don't have time to read it. Even if the group is willing to wait, I feel uncomfortable as hell knowing I have to wade through all this stuff with them waiting. Nobody really would feel comfortable that way I think, knowing people are waiting. It's so poorly designed. It should have solo versions for the quests then the regular dungeon versions for the groups.
    Edited by CombatPrayer on January 3, 2018 2:58PM
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Group Dungeons and quests are incompatible. Period. There will always be those who haven't done the quest and want to experience the dialogue and those who have and just want to crack on. Always. The auto kick at the end if you're left alone in the dungeon trying to complete the quest is just an added kick in the teeth. Yes you can ask other players to stick around, but you shouldn't have to. It's truly thoughtless game design.

The easy solution is to just extend the auto kick timer, or remove it. But this avoids the real issue, that story content doesn't belong with group content, unless it's just there for atmosphere. Dungeons need a Story Mode which can be completed solo.Obviously there's no loot, just the quest reward. Other MMOs offer this and it works quite well. It allows players who are interested in the story to enjoy it without feeling they need to rush through it or skip dialogue etc.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people can be really nice sometimes. the daily was volenfell and i got queued in as a healer on the last boss cuz the group wanted to do hardmode. we got the boss done and i asked them if they'd be ok to re-run through the dungeon cuz i missed it all, and they all stuck around and we burned through the dungeon's beginnings a second time. they were very cool people, if they're reading this, props and thanks to you!
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »

The reason for the auto kick when you are no longer in a group, is to keep the max number of people to 4 in any one instance. Also, if someone gets vote kicked from group, they can't stick around and cause trouble.

No, not really. If you enter a dungeon manually, which no one ever seems to do, you can stay in the dungeon, solo, as long as you want to after the rest of the group has left. It is only when using the Group Finder that players are kicked after the group disbands.

Also, if Crown would just leave the group rather than disband, this allows the other players to remain grouped so the GF will not pull them out until the group no longer exists.

Really? By manually you mean straight porting there via wayshrine? Because I'm 100% sure you still get kicked out when group disbands in that case - at least you definitely did a few months ago.
    @Nestor
    Edited by Magdalina on January 3, 2018 6:14PM