The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZoS, Allow Players To Finish Dungeon Quests - No More Auto-Kick

Jemcrystal
Jemcrystal
✭✭✭✭✭
Or at least a revision of the auto kick timer so anyone who has an incomplete dungeon quest can remain after boss has been killed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/7lp9hx/dear_zos_can_you_let_player_finish_the_quests_in/
  • Olgierd
    Olgierd
    ✭✭
    Dude if you say i have quest about this dungeon most of the people will wait you. This is not a big deal.
  • Urza1234
    Urza1234
    ✭✭✭✭
    If its not a big deal they can also spend the 5 minutes to fix this, because it is an issue.
  • kvlou79
    kvlou79
    ✭✭✭
    1st thing you do when you zone in. Group chat “I need skill point quest”.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    9/10 times people are accommodating, but you do get the odd group that really don't give a *** and will disband the group, so yeah, it is an issue. Another pain is the ones where you have to wait for the npc to talk *** and do their thing, by which point the other 3 are nowhere in sight and are on the next boss. A major ballache when there's a door between you and that boss.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on December 23, 2017 11:39PM
  • Invoca
    Invoca
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, something to show if people have quest and/or allow them to finish regardless of party would be nice. I tend to skip them until someone else has it so I don't get left behind but I always wait if I think someone has the quest. That said, it's hard to tell sometimes and asking them if they have it doesn't always get a reply. Had someone do a ready check when I had Banished Cells I quest, was a good idea I thought.
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If nobody speaks up, im powering through as fast as possible and leaving group when im done.
    Edited by Buffler on December 24, 2017 12:10AM
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agreed. We shouldn't leave it up to the courtesy of other players. I have had all other players leave group as soon as the final boss is done, even when I said I was doing the quest. apparently because they think someone else will stay and it's not their problem. I've had that happen to me too many times and it's absolutely aggravating that once you are kicked from the dungeons and reenter, it restarts the quest, so you can't even return on your own and turn it in. I've had people be outright rude in group chat about this too, "Well, I did the quest ages ago!" or "LOL!" If there was a middle finger emote in the game, I'm sure they would be doing that too. The ESO community is pretty *** when it comes to dungeons, ime. I avoid doing dungeons from this reason--as soon as a toon hits 9 in Undaunted, no more on that toon unless guildies need help with a specific role. And it's sad, because with a nice group, I really like running dungeons. But so many players running dungeons only care about themselves.

PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Jarryzzt
    Jarryzzt
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the ideal, ZOS would have implemented some sort of a "walk-through-this-shiny-portal-to-exit-the-dungeon" mechanic near the final boss (or the final quest NPC, which can sometimes be in a different location), and allow the instance as a whole to persist for, say, another 5-10 minutes irrespective of whether the group disbands.

Thus far, however, they...chose to take a different approach and make the instance "depend" on there being an active group. To...lighten the server load or something, I suppose. I gravely doubt they will invest the developer resources to change the technical design at this juncture, although anything is theoretically possible.

In other words, we are probably stuck. One can only wonder if the initial design meetings at least raised the possibility of a more accommodative, well, design.
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    sick of disbanding before looting.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olgierd wrote: »
    Dude if you say i have quest about this dungeon most of the people will wait you. This is not a big deal.

And when you get those who don't wait? This is online, a lot of people don't care because they don't want to just stand around waiting for others to go through the dialogue and turn in the quest.

God forbid that person's inventory is full at the time and can't complete cause it won't let them accept the reward item, thus wasting even more time.
    Edited by ArchMikem on December 24, 2017 2:28AM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a big deal they leave before I get the chance
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a good reason for the game to kick anyone from the instance? Does it cause lag or cause others to have to wait longer to use the instance for a dungeon run? In other online rpgs I can run around in a dungeon after the group has disbanded and left for as long as I like. Just curious.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motherball wrote: »
    Is there a good reason for the game to kick anyone from the instance? Does it cause lag or cause others to have to wait longer to use the instance for a dungeon run? In other online rpgs I can run around in a dungeon after the group has disbanded and left for as long as I like. Just curious.

The reason for the auto kick when you are no longer in a group, is to keep the max number of people to 4 in any one instance. Also, if someone gets vote kicked from group, they can't stick around and cause trouble.

• ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭

I was surprised the first time I saw the timer after the group disbanded, too. I was used to going through the dungeons in other games to explore areas that I didn't get a chance to check out closely during the run.
    Urza1234 wrote: »
    If its not a big deal they can also spend the 5 minutes to fix this, because it is an issue.

I'm so tired of armchair software engineers thinking every fix takes only five minutes. Such attitudes only demonstrate one's ineptitude, nothing more.
    PC NA
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

The reason for the auto kick when you are no longer in a group, is to keep the max number of people to 4 in any one instance. Also, if someone gets vote kicked from group, they can't stick around and cause trouble.

vote kick is totally different. all ZOS need to do is not auto kick the last person. put a portal and people can enter at will.or
    if you get kicked -> out now
    if you leave group -> out now
    if you disband -> the group lead stays, everyone else out.
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jarryzzt wrote: »
    In the ideal, ZOS would have implemented some sort of a "walk-through-this-shiny-portal-to-exit-the-dungeon" mechanic near the final boss (or the final quest NPC, which can sometimes be in a different location), and allow the instance as a whole to persist for, say, another 5-10 minutes irrespective of whether the group disbands.

Thus far, however, they...chose to take a different approach and make the instance "depend" on there being an active group. To...lighten the server load or something, I suppose. I gravely doubt they will invest the developer resources to change the technical design at this juncture, although anything is theoretically possible.

In other words, we are probably stuck. One can only wonder if the initial design meetings at least raised the possibility of a more accommodative, well, design.

The whole group finder system in ESO is just terrible.

In other games, I can stay inside the instance even if everyone else drops. Only when every player leaves does the instance reset.

Doesn't seem technically challenging to me - but neither does having a basic queue which works, and yet ESO has shown it is possible to create a system which fails quite often.
    Edited by Dawnblade on December 24, 2017 3:14AM
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is the most stupid thing in this game, it is really ridiculous and badly designed. on most of my alt characters i left most dungeons unfinished because of this bad design. there should be a way to be able to deliver the quest or skip the stupid talk. i'll never be able to finish selene's web on my alts because the npcs takes forever to talk and talk and talk and everyone goes away and there's never time to deliver the quest. it's unspeakably badly designed. really ridiculous. this bug has almost 4 years and it wasn't yet fixed. at least let us skip the stupid npc talk :\
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even 3 minutes would be nice.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh! very funny! so i tried to go alone to do the last boss of selene's web to be able to finish the quest, and when i entered the dungeon the quest resets to the beginning. ok. i quit. this is too stupid.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a timer extension for dungeon completion token from crown crates?

I kid, I kid
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffler wrote: »
    If nobody speaks up, im powering through as fast as possible and leaving group when im done.

why doesn't the group just migrate as people leave live every other MMO?
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    just set timer for 1-2 minutes.
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let folks roam around at their leisure after completion and choice to leave when they have finished what they want to finish.

Turn all NPC enemy spawn off, so someone does not use it as a grind factory.
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let folks roam around at their leisure after completion and choice to leave when they have finished what they want to finish.

Turn all NPC enemy spawn off, so someone does not use it as a grind factory.
    enemies in group dungeons don't respawn, non killed stays.
    Main issue is some quests who require an long animation or travel to catch in quest, looking for chests / bags or just exploring is others.

in dungeons with exit close to final boss like wayrest I just exit and let other leave, check after some minutes if any is left.

I say 5 minutes would be an decent timer if needed at all.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    It's a mixed bag, there are players who will wait but in my experience, I have had to repeat a dungeon a few times because the other members left, even when asked, this is amongst my biggest hates when starting new characters.

At the very least the timer has to be expanded so we don't have to rely on others to get the quest finished.

Or gives us a solo option.
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Give 5 min timer. It happened to me, too. Sometimes other group members just leave even you typed you have a quest... And some quest have too many lines. I don't have nothing against it, but give us 5 min timer so we can finish it.
    Edited by exiars10 on January 3, 2018 10:16AM
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, when you write in group chat at the beginning (and repeat at the end) "doing quest, can someone please wait after end boss", someone will wait. I've had it happen only once so far in my 1.5 years of playing ESO that nobody waited. Of course that can happen - maybe they don't speak English, don't have the chat window open, or just don't care.

Luckily in my case it happened to be a dungeon where the after-end-boss dialog is very short, so I got the quest during the kick timer. But there are dungeons where there's more than a minute of scripted stuff before you can turn in the quest, e.g. Banished Cells 1.

So yeah, ZOS should really do something about this mechanic. Change the forced kick-out timer into a notification "Group disbanded - Leave dungeon? F to confirm, X to decline", and when you press X, you get the query again after a minute.

Implementing that will certainly take longer than five minutes, but isn't rocket science either, dear devs!

Edited by Loc2262 on January 3, 2018 10:16AM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another idea: Just like with the introductory quest when you create a new character, what about an option "You already played this quest on another character, skip it?" whenever you start a dungeon quest.

Skipping would remove all intermediate quest steps and turn it into "Talk to the guy at the beginning to initiate, kill the end boss to finish and immediately get your much sought-after skill point".

Thing is, many of the dungeon quests/stories are really nice, but I don't need to watch them again on each alt. So I just rush through the dialog anyway, and get annoyed when I have to wait for non-dialog action.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep... most of them... up to this day I remember being kicked from a dungeon because... I was doing a group dungeon quest (the one that gives 1 skill point)...
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Eye_of_the_Storm_(quest)
    There is a first objective "Clear the Beach of the Lamia Forces" - others just rushed forward skipping all ads... they did not want to wait or even help... :open_mouth:

At that time a learned not to expect anything at all from pugs...
  • BladedMischief
    BladedMischief
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm crown in a dungeon group, I'll wait for a few minutes for everyone to finish the quest. However, I do know what you're saying. Veteran dungeons are a thing I'm doing now, and it'd be nice to be able to listen to the dialogue from the quest rather than having to skip through it all just to finish the quest before I get kicked from the dungeon.
    ~We're a community of adventurers. No matter which banner we fight under~