The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crazy Thought/Question/Wish on Pledge Dungeons - for lone wanderer types...

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could be on board if the rewards are a tier lower ... since the content would be easier than soloing it currently in the game.

But, you said it yourself:
    geonsocal wrote: »
    i know, i know - eso is an mmo...

Tell that to VMA. If some of the best equipment can be locked behind an unnecessarily frustrating solo experience, then dungeons should have one person modes as well.

...And VMA should have a two person mode.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on December 23, 2017 9:35PM
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see a lot of comments about MMO and how MMO should be played with other players.

Please do not forget that this game is an MMORPG

There should be room for both MMO and RPG too often in a dungeon you have to run like hell because some snot just wants to get done in x minutes, to that end I would support that dungeons could have instances for 1 or 2 players with a lower reward tier; in that way those who want can also enjoy the story and scenery.

Edited by Ragnork on December 23, 2017 10:57PM
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bhaal5 wrote: »
    This is a mmo right? though i do find it really weird eso is the only mmo that I've played that has the "soloist" mentality.
    Dont know if its because people really like skyrim and wanted the same thing from eso or what. But i do believe mmos SHOULD be played with others, hence the "mmo" tag

Never get this argument. Just because there are other players around you can potentially play with (which is great) doesn't mean you should be forced to do so. I also run more solo than in groups and don't wanna miss either. Why do you wanna force me to do only one in a game? Why do you feel the need to lable a game as either single or multi player and then restrict it to it? Very weird thinking imo.
    Edited by nnargun on December 23, 2017 11:18PM
    [PC EU][GERMAN][ENGLISH][730~ CP]
    Flawless Conquerer - vHoF HM - vAS+1 - vMoL - vCR
    the Kuhn - Dunmer - MagNB
    Samjuel-EL - Orc - StamNB
    Son Hala - Altmer - MagSorc
    Draxyl - Argonian - Warden
  • Niobium
    Niobium
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am all for scaled difficulty in dungeons...

HOWEVER...

Absolutely no achievements, undaunted keys, monster sets etc should be available in any difficulty level OTHER THAN what it was originally intended.

They were designed as 4-man content, rewards were scaled for 4-man content.

If you want to just read the story and admire the scenery, by all means. But no rewards for down-scaling the dungeon.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play 100% solo. I do dungeons sometimes, usually on normal, but vet if I desperately want a particular helmet. I'll be going after Ice Heart's head pretty soon, if it doesn't appear on the Golden in the next couple of weeks.

I don't want the difficulty or rewards reduced for going solo in dungeons. There is virtually no other PvE content left in the game where my strongly built end-game toons can face opponents where the outcome of combat is in doubt one way or the other. I don't want to lose this opportunity to be really challenged to do my best. Nor do I want to be entirely dependent on the Golden for monster set pieces.

spellign
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on December 24, 2017 9:27AM
    PC EU
  • Niobium
    Niobium
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play 100% solo. I do dungeons sometimes, usually on normal, but vet if I desperately want a particular helmet. I'll be going after Ice Heart's head pretty soon, if it doesn't appear on the Golden in the next couple of weeks.

I don't want the difficulty or rewards reduced for going solo in dungeons. There is virtually no other PvE content left in the game where my strongly built end-game toons can face opponents where the outcome of combat is in doubt one way or the other. I don't want to lose this opportunity to be really challenged to do my best. Not do I want to be entirely dependent on the Golden for monster set pieces.

If you go in at 4man difficulty, solo, then you receive 4man rewards.

If you go in solo on solo difficulty, no additional rewards.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly i'd be amazing if - when entering dungeons solo they'd just cut the bosses hp in half... you could still do them much faster and better with a 4-men team but it would allow you to solo more fun as well
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As @Linaleah said a SWTOR-esque "Story Mode" would solve this.

Introducing Story-Mode and Level Scaling is the only reason SWTOR still has a financially viable player-base.

SWTOR's attempt to force people to group for end-game content (Galactic Command) backfired spectacularly and saw tens of thousands of players unsubbing.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • LongLongShortLong15s
    LongLongShortLong15s
    Soul Shriven
    You do get a key for soloing an undaunted group dungeon if you have the quest.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy :)

thanks a bunch everyone for stopping by to take a look, and especially to the folks whom kicked in...

was just curious if anyone else had thought making pledge dungeons more accessible to players whom primarily play the game solo...

definitely understand the loot and achievement concerns with a scaled difficulty within the dungeon...for myself this is much more about content than rewards...

personally I'd even be okay with a public dungeon version of the pledge dungeons...

I actually don't mind having a few players around - just prefer to be a little greedy at times and keep the experience to myself...

from the input shared concerning other mmo's featuring the ability for solo players to enjoy a "story" mode version of group dungeons - it sounds feasable code wise...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dragon bones just sounds way to cool to miss, or, not fully experience and enjoy at each players capability and pace...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place