Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Werewolf as a tank?

duendology
duendology
✭✭✭✭✭
My instinct tells me it's not a good idea to get a "future" tank turned into a werewolf.. mainly due later vulnerability to poison.
Even though I am so tempted to do so. It would so fit my RP of this one character.. but...

What do you think?
Edited by duendology on December 20, 2017 10:05PM
PC/NA
- Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
- Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
- Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
And..
- High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Nephimana
    Nephimana
    ✭✭✭
    Poison vulnerability only applies to the werewolf form, while in human form you don't take extra poison damage.
    The passive extra stam return while slotted is quite useless on tanks since we're blocking a lot and blocking turns off stam recovery.
    Finally, don't turn into a werewolf as a tank, the duration is too long and the boss will lose agro and that's your job as a tank to keep agro. Also, if you're wearing tanking gear, your dps won't be that helpful, if you're in full dps gear, you'll be squishy like the rest of the dps but with a boss constantly beating on you.

Vampire is better, a lot of tanks go vampire for the magika regen and the undeath passive. The extra flame damage does sound scary, but it's not that bad, you'll still survive anything.

Pvp, werewolves are strong, go for it.

But if it's for RP, do it. If you're playing the game just to be immersed and not for number crunching, go for it. Just be mindful that you don't lose the boss, taunt right before you turn, transform back early before you lose him.
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you want to tank as a WW you'll need the tormentor set
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Arobain wrote: »

That actually doesn't work from what a lot of people have been saying on the WW need a taunt threads. Side Note: They do not need a taunt.

OP: You can make it a WW for RP reasons, it won't hurt your Tank in anyway as long as you don't use it in 4 man or 12 man content. Stay a full tank then, but when you RP it will be just fine. WW can also be good to have if you have an off spec for DD for quests and other overworld content, just got group stuff in dungeons and trials.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arobain wrote: »

That actually doesn't work from what a lot of people have been saying on the WW need a taunt threads. Side Note: They do not need a taunt.

OP: You can make it a WW for RP reasons, it won't hurt your Tank in anyway as long as you don't use it in 4 man or 12 man content. Stay a full tank then, but when you RP it will be just fine. WW can also be good to have if you have an off spec for DD for quests and other overworld content, just got group stuff in dungeons and trials.

Can confirm tormentor set isn´t consider pounce as a charge-ability.

Werewolfs can also be nice for PvP but takes some decent amount of practice to git gut at (still learning myself)
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the helpful suggestions, guys!
    I've got two characters..a Nord and an Orc.. I'll just get turned one of them..and the other leave for purely Tanking as I enjoy group content and Tank is the role I haven't tried yet. I like the idea that.. you're hard to kill and you're just there to annoy the boss and keep him/her/it busy while others are killing it.. :P
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth