The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO unplayable : latency on EU server (and not on NA server)

MandaWa
MandaWa
✭✭✭
Hey,
As mentioned in the topic title, I got latency issues since Saturday. The ping is going crazy every 30 secs.
All got absolutely unplayable, and reached its paroxysm today when, in trials only, I had freeze/deco every 3 meters.
We're some players in the same case and before you even ask :

- I have fibre-optic internet connection, with ethernet, my speed test is still at 900Mb/s download and 200Mb upload : that's not the problem.
- I traced the ping from my box to EU ESO server : nothing over 150ms.
- I don't have any problem on NA server. No drastic ping increase, latency stay fixed.
- Strangely, I don't have any freeze or deco in towns, in trials only (cause otherwise that's not fun) but ping increases are present in town too.
- That's not about FPS, I'm always at 60.

As I said, we're some players in the same case since a little less than one week.
I guess say that's only because we have a barrel of overclocked potatoes as server, but not everyone has this problem since Saturday.
Then, I want to know if (1) someone have any idea (that I didn't suggest before) (2) if finally we are many in this case since last Saturday or not.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by MandaWa on December 20, 2017 10:24PM
  • Manda Wa - Magicka Sorcerer - Flawless Conqueror, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Voice of Reason, Shadow Breaker
  • Man'da - Templar healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Shadow Breaker
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Platform?
  • MandaWa
    MandaWa
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Platform?

PC
    • Manda Wa - Magicka Sorcerer - Flawless Conqueror, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Voice of Reason, Shadow Breaker
    • Man'da - Templar healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Shadow Breaker
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No performance issues here on PC EU, but I've no idea what the ping or other stats are as I've never had any reason to observe such things, the game has run smoothly for me (no PvP or trials) since launch. The New Life Event has been very smooth, regardless of the number of players around. Bit of a delay in Breda appearing sometimes and that's it. UK-based.

If the problem is only affecting a few players, are they in the same country as you? If so, and it's only the EU server that's affected then it might be a network issue - are you all on the same ISP?

The other thing you might consider is whether it coincides with installing this month's Windows Updates, especially if you're running Windows 10 and the Fall Creators Update in particular. There have been some problems there I believe, although I run Windows 7 and don't install updates for two or three weeks until I get the all-clear from one or two technical sites. Check out AskWoody if you need any more information.
    Edited by Tandor on December 20, 2017 11:55PM