The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will this magicka Dk build work?

Exodium
Exodium
✭✭✭✭
Hi guys I'm a pretty experienced pvper in a few classes and have finally come around to making a magicka dragonknight (haven't made one before).

Those really good magicka dragonknights out there, I want to see what your thoughts are on the build I'm working towards. It's in Heavy armour and I do personally want to run in heavy armour so please avoid suggestions for light armour.

Race: Argonian (due to potion buff)
Mundus stone: (Open to suggestions - atronarch or apprentice I'm thinking?)
Food: (Witchmother's potent brew)

Armour: 5 impen heavy shacklebreaker armour pieces (all tri-stat enchant)
Monster Helm: Valkyn skoria impen tri-stat enchant
Jewellry: 3 Burning spell weave (all magicka recovery enchants)
Weapons (Backbar): Burning spell weave 1h and shield
Weapons (front bar): Willpower sword and shield

I've calculated that with full tri-stat enchants and shackle I SHOULD hit the 15k stamina threshold even with witchmothers, but I'm not sure how my mag recovery will be. Should I use the atronarch mundus or alternatively use a 2 piece recovery weapon/shield on front bar?

Also is the double 1h/shield viable in open world outnumbered? That's more what I'm after. Let me know if there's any other gear suggestions as like I said before, I've never played a DK before so I don't know if I'm going to be lacklustre in anything.

Thanks guys!
Edited by Exodium on December 14, 2017 10:14PM
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never considered myself top tier, plus I haven’t played regularly in a long time, so I’ll keep my feedback to this: burning spellweave weapons were a nightmare to farm when I tried it a few months ago. Unless they changed something (doubt it), get ready to replace your hair cuz you’re gonna pull it out.

rip decibel
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »
    I never considered myself top tier, plus I haven’t played regularly in a long time, so I’ll keep my feedback to this: burning spellweave weapons were a nightmare to farm when I tried it a few months ago. Unless they changed something (doubt it), get ready to replace your hair cuz you’re gonna pull it out.

Already managed to farm a BSW sword and shield ;) Even back when I had no intention of using them but I still kept them in my bank. Sword managed to be defending too
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t run heavy, but I’m just ok at mDK
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like 5 light on mDK if you'r e going to be using double s+b for the extra sustain. Make sure you have a good amount of stamina, 14k+ and a couple sturdy pieces if you plan to block a fair amount. Impregnable and spellweave would be an interesting combo, plus blood spawn.

Edit: or grothdarr to go with spellweave.
    Edited by Kartalin on December 14, 2017 11:39PM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still sold on shackle and Sun or bsw. Although duroks is something I really wanna try.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I like 5 light on mDK if you'r e going to be using double s+b for the extra sustain. Make sure you have a good amount of stamina, 14k+ and a couple sturdy pieces if you plan to block a fair amount. Impregnable and spellweave would be an interesting combo, plus blood spawn.

See I've accounted for not using light through witch mother's/shackle and jewellery glyphs. Also 5 heavy gives me a decent
    constitution bonus so I can gain stamina/magicka while being hit (which is kinda what bloodthorn does)

Based on the information what do you guys think my sustain will be? 1.5-1.7k mag recovery? Will I need a atronarch mundus?
    Edited by Exodium on December 15, 2017 12:39AM
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still sold on shackle and Sun or bsw. Although duroks is something I really wanna try.

Yeah was considering sun but I prefer bsw cause I can front bar willpower or a recovery one hand shield
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    Kartalin wrote: »

See I've accounted for not using light through witch mother's/shackle and jewellery glyphs. Also 5 heavy gives me a decent
    constitution bonus so I can gain stamina/magicka while being hit (which is kinda what bloodthorn does)

Based on the information what do you guys think my sustain will be? 1.5-1.7k mag recovery? Will I need a atronarch mundus?

The light armor isn’t just about sustain, you’ll be losing out on a decent chunk of spell pen. You can make up some of that with CP, but DKs are already subpar with damage output.

rip decibel
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go with light. It's easier to be tanky with light than it is to sustain and have dmg with heavy. This is what i run if you were interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdzgl71t2K4&t=5s
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    Go with light. It's easier to be tanky with light than it is to sustain and have dmg with heavy. This is what i run if you were interested.

Hmmmm I don't know how that would work open world. Relying on bloodspawn solely for survivability? Is that possible?
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    DKsUnite wrote: »

Hmmmm I don't know how that would work open world. Relying on bloodspawn solely for survivability? Is that possible?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-rVsJIslEk
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one is using the enchant and bash spam? Really? It's like the only way to get free burst damage on a mDK...
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    I'm running heavy shackle/bsw/skoria dual snb and in some ways I love it but it has its issues.

The bad.....My recovery is around 1700 with witchmothers brew which is way too low imo. I bounce back and forth between pots and ulti to keep my resources up but if I need to pop my ult and my potion is still down im in a bad place. I do have spell damage on all my jewelry, so I could easily fix recovery, but my spell damage is going to plummet to 1500 or so unbuffed. With my current build I sit a at around 3.5k SD, and in heavy I find that to be sufficient.

The good...Tanky as hell. This class deserves heavy armor imo and with snb you just run in and dont worry about ***. People beat on you while your dots tick and when that BSW procs you turn around and lay them on their ass. Its a LOT of fun, especially with skoria thrown in the mix.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, in theory its solid. But I generally would shy away from builds relying on being pure tanky and skoria for damage. BSW might just make up for the lack of being dunmer, but you are still quite at a disadvantage. Sustain would be good though. As said, run light.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always run dark elf never argonian. Magdk needs all the damage possible from all sources.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Always run dark elf never argonian. Magdk needs all the damage possible from all sources.

You can run argonian for passive tankiness/sustain if you run a more damage oriented build.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been running light with destro/resto this week. Very susceptible to burst but if I can survive that and get into a groove it's fun as hell. The damage is actually surprisingly brutal.
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    I would go light for smallscale since the extra penetration really helps with ending fights quicker, especially on a magdk where you'll get outsustained in long fights.

As for magicka recovery, I have mine set at 1100 in no-cp since I duo with another MagDK with ele drain and it's honestly more than enough.
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Light brass and everything else you mentioned should be better
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently running 5l/1m/1h on my mDK. DW (nirn,sharp) on front bar and Inferno Staff (sharp) on the back bar.

2 Slimecraw (spell crit, 8% extra damage)
    5 BSW (525 spell damage)
    5 Innate Axiom (400 spell damage to class abilities)

I consider it close to a "glass cannon" build with mDKs. It's pretty damn powerful.

This is outside of Cyrodiil- so add 5,000 HP to the Health. Buffed with Igneous Weapons and BSW (add another 400 for innate axiom ;) )
    RDHJT7m.png

Buffed Ferocious Leap:
    dBuCvqT.png

Buffed Flame Lash:
    tko16F6.png

Unbuffed Flame Lash:
    mi4l26W.png

Mind you- none of these buffs have any group buffs, Continuous Attack buffs, or scroll bonuses.

Edited by Savos_Saren on December 16, 2017 7:09PM
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaburns wrote: »
    I'm currently running 5l/1m/1h on my mDK. DW (nirn,sharp) on front bar and Inferno Staff (sharp) on the back bar.

5 BSW (525 spell damage)

I consider it close to a "glass cannon" build with mDKs. It's pretty damn powerful.

This is outside of Cyrodiil- so add 5,000 HP to the Health. Buffed with Igneous Weapons and BSW (add another 400 for innate axiom ;) )
    RDHJT7m.png

Buffed Ferocious Leap:
    dBuCvqT.png

Buffed Flame Lash:
    tko16F6.png

Unbuffed Flame Lash:
    mi4l26W.png

Mind you- none of these buffs have any group buffs, Continuous Attack buffs, or scroll bonuses.

That first pic is just [snip] awesome, plus awesome build. Unlike me, you won't get 1000 replies trying to say axiom is worse than SPC :neutral:
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 14, 2018 9:30PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht

Axiom is a good set if you utilize a lot of class skills- unfortunately, though, it doesn't buff all the skills like it's supposed to. We've made several threads about this and haven't even gotten a single response from ZoS.

@ZOS_GinaBruno still no response to the broken Innate Axiom?
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5 BSW (525 spell damage)

RDHJT7m.png

Buffed Ferocious Leap:
    dBuCvqT.png

Buffed Flame Lash:
    tko16F6.png

Unbuffed Flame Lash:
    mi4l26W.png

Lol man, that look!!! It is amazing! The Grim Reaper meets Ghost Rider!!
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get higher damage whips with destro.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @zParallaxz

How much higher? I'd imagine that you'd have to run a 5pc set, 5pc set, and 1pc monster helm or Master/Malestrom/Asylum destroy.

I don't think I've seen anyone achieve a Leap as high as mine while maintaining 1400+ regen.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can proc spell weave relatively easy on back bar so I still run 2 5-piece sets and a two piece monster helm
    Edited by zParallaxz on December 16, 2017 8:36PM
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus fire destro gives 8% damage
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

5 BSW (525 spell damage)

RDHJT7m.png

Buffed Ferocious Leap:
    dBuCvqT.png

Buffed Flame Lash:
    tko16F6.png

Unbuffed Flame Lash:
    mi4l26W.png

Thanks, man. Don't get me wrong- this build is powerful- but it's lacking in mobility and still doesn't hold a candle to the Stamden 2H/Subterranenan burst or the StamBlade Fear/Incap/Surprise Attack/Execute burst.

I'm just trying to create a build with the idea that permablocking is about to get nerfed to hell. I wish ZoS would reimburse the mDK class with some sort of passive execute or better form of mobility if they're going to destroy the whole "stand-your-ground" aspect of an mDK.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

5 BSW (525 spell damage)

RDHJT7m.png

Buffed Ferocious Leap:
    dBuCvqT.png

Buffed Flame Lash:
    tko16F6.png

Unbuffed Flame Lash:
    mi4l26W.png

Thanks, man. Don't get me wrong- this build is powerful- but it's lacking in mobility and still doesn't hold a candle to the Stamden 2H/Subterranenan burst or the StamBlade Fear/Incap/Surprise Attack/Execute burst.

I'm just trying to create a build with the idea that permablocking is about to get nerfed to hell. I wish ZoS would reimburse the mDK class with some sort of passive execute or better form of mobility if they're going to destroy the whole "stand-your-ground" aspect of an mDK.

Have the stated they plan on gutting block some more? That honestly could be the last straw for the DK class design. After 3 years of nerfing the ability to hold your ground, they did nothing to compensate the class that is literally designed for standing your ground. I honestly cannot comprehend their thought processes for this game development. Not only would DK be even worse in pvp, trials tanks (most of which are DKs I hear) will also suffer.

rip decibel
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Draxys

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/378976/monthly-combat-update-november/p1

Yeah. They're investigating "permablocking" but it'll end up increasing the costs of block. So, you know, mDKs can slowlly waddle around with no execute, higher costs of skills, broken wings/chains/leaps, have all of our DoTs purged, and now have increased block costs.

But hey- they nerfed our Fossilize so that we'd appreciate Stone Fist... so we've got that going for us! :/

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren