The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Hero of None's Role Guidelines & Metas

HeroOfNone
HeroOfNone
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello!

I've put together a website to cover some basics to ESO PVE roles and the most common Dungeon & Trial builds.

Role Guidelines: what is typically expected in dungeons
DPS Guidelines
Heal Guidelines
Tank Guidelines

Meta Builds: Sets, skills, and setups typically used for each role
Healing Meta
Magicka DPS Meta
Stamina DPS Meta
Tank Meta

Using this site you should be able to, at a glance, see what most consider to be best in slot. Most of sets are organized in how easy they are to get while most skills are alphabetical. Hopefully with this you can use this to adjust your builds accordingly when you don't have the greatest new set or when you don't have a DLC.

Thanks for reading folks!

Thank you agsin to the numerous people snd guildmates that help put this together and in no way limited to: Flamage, GMRevelation, Icisia, Kojou, Shockz325, & Yodased
Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an incredible resource, thank you for doing this for the community.

What I really like is that you haven't given people specific builds, only suggested the options that will help them get the most from their role. Recently there was quite a heated debate on the subreddit because some people thought that new players shouldn't be told to follow meta builds and should be encouraged to play how they like. I argued that ESO doesn't explain its mechanics well enough to new players, so giving them a meta build as a template gives them an outline to play around with. Your guide is perfect because it doesn't tell people to follow a build, but instead offers a menu from which a newer player can choose what they want. I really hope this work gets the recognition it deserves, it should be the go-to resource whenever a build question comes from a new player.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully it's as well received on reddit as well, never have much luck posting stuff there.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O.o
    I like what you are doing here, but first off I would just remove meta and call it guidelines as that seems to be your purpose. While meta means best in current circumstances for progession. Now as a proclaimed healing expert let me talk about some points.

Basic setup & stats

Health: 20k (new players) to 18k
    Magicka recovery: 1k+, unless heavy attack rotation
    Magicka regen: 1.5k – 2.3k
    Weapons: Restoration Staff (main/off bar), dual wield swords (off bar), sword & board (off bar), or descturction staff (off bar)
    Werewolf or Vampire: Vampire
    Alchemical Poisons: back bar only if not running VMA or master weapons.
    Fight location: several meters back to 10 meters

Seems like you like round numbers, but I believe 17k is more appropriate number to say the least. Espeically in regards to wardens and sorc. They have built in defensive mechanics.

* In regards to magicka recovery I seen quite a few nightblades pull it off with just base numbers pulling. Just saying it's something to think about.

* I would like to know why you suggested posion on back bar only. What was the thought here? Bescause it doesn't make sense to me.

Races

Altmer
    Argonian
    Breton
    Dunmer
    Imperial
    Nord

* You have them ranked on your page. I don't think that's a good idea espeically 1 and 2 are very arguable . Maybe talk about why each is a good idea. In you are really really going for the guideline then do all races.

Mundus

Atronach
    ♡ Lord
    ♡ – used for survivability

Like no, but maybe you can start with this. But ritual, mage, apprentice, and thief and better choices. If you making a guideline though you should approach by mentioning why 4 basics are good and why atronach is common for more sustainable approach

Amour

Are you approaching this as a guideline or what truly works for best each class? You messed up sorc because it's defiantly best in slot is twilight remedy. Even if it wasn't you failed to mention one of the standard trial sets for many trials which is this.

If you approaching as a guideline you missed gossamber and, lamina song, prayer shawl, traminic valor these are quite viable for some classes. You did miss stendarr it was fixed and an option for Asylum, and halls of fabrication. If you have mother sorrow then you should probably mention combat physician. It's more supportive then that. Healing mage is a good starter set that can be bought for cheap, but not a good option for well templars or nightblades.

Priorities

I like this page a lot. It would of helped two years ago. But don't you think you want to switch the order a bit 4 should be a head of one. You kinda want to start off with heals no? Now 3 and 5 should be fixed if this a true guideline for all 5 classes of healers. Many of things debuffs that can be removed can be out healed (coa 1 (fire dot), selene (posion dot) with exception in trials and coa. (falkreath and bloodroot need purge not cleanse because it's continous debuff). 7- 9 in there order.

Enchaments

Only reason to use infused is for more health and stamina and more dps. Otherwise it's quite 100% divines world

Infused - why do you think this better than powered? Because it's not unless you are using the weapon damage debuff enchanment

Nirnhoned - who gave you the idea this was a good choice?
    Powered
    Precise - good for more dps/heal mix
    Sharpened who gave you the idea this was a good choice?

You forget decisive and charged (how could you forge this?)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/363420/healer-weapon-trait-power-vs-precise

So overall I like what you are doing here, but you need more expert input from all 5 classes. Seems more well Templar inclined in it's content as of right now. Either best of luck and I will be watching.. and judging :p
    Edited by Tasear on December 16, 2017 9:58PM
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm working up a "recommended" drop down based on some feedback. Currently everything listed is sorted alphabetical and groupedbased on what's crafted, world drops. Dungeon drops, dlc dungfons, trial, dlc trials, and expansion trials; the "easiest to hardest" to get based on your wallet.

Now the cross section here covers what's good for new healers & veteran healers, as well in some side roles like DPS. So some of the enchantments & traits are good if you do damage on the side. I'll take in your recommendations but plenty of folks use, keeping in mind some are for newbie healers without all their passives or champion points yet. I will be working in a few more changes based on further feedback.

As for a more detailed explanation of "why", there are plenty of build sites out there doing that already. This meta list is a summary of builds passed down by friends and colleagues doing dungeons & trials. Keeping it short and to the point is a main goal, so you know what sets could be transposed when one is nerfed or when you can't farm it. I may add a more details section on the future, but that will be a much different page.

Hope that clears some of that up, I'll be adding a few more items to the pages in the coming days.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    I'm working up a "recommended" drop down based on some feedback. Currently everything listed is sorted alphabetical and groupedbased on what's crafted, world drops. Dungeon drops, dlc dungfons, trial, dlc trials, and expansion trials; the "easiest to hardest" to get based on your wallet.

Now the cross section here covers what's good for new healers & veteran healers, as well in some side roles like DPS. So some of the enchantments & traits are good if you do damage on the side. I'll take in your recommendations but plenty of folks use, keeping in mind some are for newbie healers without all their passives or champion points yet. I will be working in a few more changes based on further feedback.

As for a more detailed explanation of "why", there are plenty of build sites out there doing that already. This meta list is a summary of builds passed down by friends and colleagues doing dungeons & trials. Keeping it short and to the point is a main goal, so you know what sets could be transposed when one is nerfed or when you can't farm it. I may add a more details section on the future, but that will be a much different page.

Hope that clears some of that up, I'll be adding a few more items to the pages in the coming days.

I commend you again for doing this and remind you to give me credit :p for my insights. I see you point on the amour. Lets room for build diversity, but shows people the options. But just in case you do here's my notes.

Dk
    Triminc valor, prayer shawl, combat pyshican

Nightblade

Gossmber, master artectic, lamina song (very beginner friendly).

Sorc
    Twlight (bis), necropotance, julianous

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit more notes... maybe it's useful

Warden

I really enjoy this defensive play style that heals centers on healing after you take a hit. (living lives). I think wardens will make some of the hardest content in game easier for those who can't do it offensive and number pushing way.

Tasear's warden build Coming to Theaters near you soon

** Weakness on demand burst heal (you have to predict incoming damage in advance)

* Notes: Frost staves are really really nice on them
    * Notes: Asylum destro was made for them.

Sorc

I been recently inspired by @troomar and think I might be about to it even better. There play style is so chaotic, adaptive and a good thrill. What sorc lacks in healing class skills it makes up for best usage of global skills since overloard bar allows more extra slots skills. You can even get a bit more creative with and adapting it to your needs or situation needs.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/349428/sorcerer-healers-collection-clockwork-ready/p1

*Weakness lack of hots

Nightblade

I am still playing with this but Bee is hitting hitting first or second on leadboards as nightblade healer. From my experience though they best off healers or at least where at one point. Now I would say they provide highest dps without losing out on support. I imagine vDSA leadboards are easier with them.

I actually leveling my nightblade healer, so you can except to see some personal touches on it. Right now I found malvolent healer so fascinating. I tried to off my self in elden root the other day... I have you know it didn't work seems like it was stacking those hots.I going to try bloodspawn with that skill. Just imagining ultimate gain makes my mouth drool. They are the class that pulls off using master architect the best. Forgot to mention, but one ult morph gives 7 ult per kill (only need 10% damage to count as a kill... minor mangle does this).

Dragon Knight

This is more fun then I thought it was. I am also so happy I made it a Breton because this guy will see a lot of pvp. Okay on topic, Dragon Knights are so similar in playstyle to wardens that was hard for to say what the difference was until playing it. What dragon knights do best prevent damage from even happening compared to warden who heals react to damage. What I see far is ability to take knock pesky range mobs (like archers or healers). From my tanking experience I know what the priority adds are so I can root them with perfity for a long time, while also doing massive crowd control on adds (talons spam is fun).

Templars

Okay I heard many things said, and without being bais I would say they are most balanced healers. They doing aren't anything better but they do everything more balanced. Frankly it kinda bores me at times after playing the chaotic sorc play style. Although, I still think there some personal things I can do with. My goal is to achieve best balance between healing aspects tanking, dps, and well healing for this healer