Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Who's your favourite NPC?

Yvarhna
Yvarhna
✭✭✭
One thing I like about this game is the amazing talent that goes behind the voice acting. I tend to always read and listen to the quest givers as well because I enjoy fully immersing myself in the game as I adventure along. This helps me to fully appreciate the npc I'm interacting with and their story.

So, as it's been close to 2 years since I played ESO, I decided to make a new character and do all the quests again. I decided to make a high elf, and instead of starting with the dlc, went to Auridon for my starting area.

And why did I decide Auridon you may ask? well, lets just say it has to do with a certain Khajiit that just all kinds of awesome ;)

Of course it can only be Razum-dar! Who is hands down got to be my most favourite npc in this game. I enjoyed every quest that involved him, one in particular that hit hard. A very well written character indeed.

So, what about you? Any that you found memorable? struck a chord right in the feels perhaps? Let me know :p
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafty Lerisa is my favorite NPC and my favorite house furnishing.
    signing off
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zara http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Zara she's so charming I love her
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Crafty Lerisa is my favorite NPC and my favorite house furnishing.

ok i'm lost on this one? Cool character yes. But how is she in your house? Did her monkey get lose? Maybe don't drink anything…she or that little elf servant might slip something in something...
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • GuinevereHelios
    My favourites are Naryu and Quen
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bhosek is my favorite NPC because I finally got to hear my name being said in a video game. I created the name Vhozek about 10 years ago. Although of course they're missing the V and Z sound because they're different letters, but it's very very close.
    Edited by Vhozek on December 14, 2017 3:24AM
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • Jarryzzt
    Jarryzzt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect many will vote for Razum-Dar. For fairly obvious reasons.

There are a number of other candidates, particularly from the DLCs (some of which I thought were better written and executed than some of the "mainline" quests) - in fact, too many to do a proper poll. My all-time favourite, however, both in terms of the actual dialogue lines and the voice acting, has always been Sheogorath. He is one of the few characters I would be happy to listen to without interruptions even after finishing the Mages' Guild questline nearly a half-dozen times.

One may only hope for a future Sheogorath-themed DLC. The possibilities are hysterically endless, though obviously the writing would have to be rock-solid to pull it off.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadwell, is at the top for me, certainly. And Dringoth is close, maybe. Sad he's got so little screen time :tongue:

I also like Lyris quite a lot, because I like Jennifer Hale voice :blush:
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bosmer by the wood node near the Elden Root Temple wayshrine.

First time I went to harvest it I actually thought to myself, an actual bosmer should surely object. And then he did. He quips something like "I'm right here, you know."
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has to be dear, poor Vigard the Sparrow. As short-lived as he was he truly made a lasting impact on me. I knew there was something special about him the moment I heard him sing-speaking to me after rescuing him from some kagouti outside Gnisis. I only wish this dear sweet man had survived the entailing clidfstrider attack.

RiP in Peace Vigard the Sparrow. There will never be a bard as talented as you.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a tossup between Razam-dar and Cadwell. I just love their dialogue.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    raz
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raz and Captain Jimila :smile:
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    Surely one of those monotone argonians.
    Argonian masterrace
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have multiple favourites and also many NPCs which I like a great deal, but who have only very short appearances in the story, so I just can't consider them favourites.

My favourites are Naryu, Raz, Sir Cadwell, Sheogorath and Titus Valerius from the base game, the Drake of Blades from IC, Bazrag and Ulsha from Wrothgar and Revus Demnevanni from Vvardenfell.

EDIT: I nearly forgot the Blackfeather Court Crows
    Edited by feyii on December 14, 2017 7:22AM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raz and Sir Cadwell are one of the best NPCs I've ever seen in any game, well Naryu is great also :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jakarn the flirty thief. Too bad he is only guiding players DC starting zones and after that can be spotted trivialy in Alik'r. I'd like to see more of him. Razum-dar and Darien Gautner are also in the top of my list.
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    I have multiple favorites: Nayru, Raz, Shazah/Khali, Lord Ravenwatch, Bazrag, Gabrielle Benele etc. I also really enjoyed Aera Earth-Turner's tragic story arc.

I have to give a shout out to Stuga for her constant determination to tell me how long she's been looking for me.
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
  • magicsprout
    magicsprout
    ✭✭✭
    Abnur tharn of course
  • pandoraderomanus
    pandoraderomanus
    ✭✭✭
    Darien Gautier, Verandis Ravenwatch, Jakarn, Molag Bal (because of voice acting by Malcolm MacDowell), Valkyn Skoria (because of voice acting).
    PC-EU since 2014

Touches-Your-Tralala - retired lizardina-templar
    Pandora Morgenstern - noob orc-stamsorc
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty much those mentioned above, rip bard sparrow :(

the daggers (that newly formed merc group “specialize” in harpies)are pretty fun too, hope to see them more.

Stibbons and his lady...they are just too funny.

Looking back I'm glad I chose DC as my main, EP has Nayru, AD has Raz, yet DC has load more of memoriable characters

Some more ppl didn't mention: probably the only “child” in entire ESO, our lovely wolffy girl in dark brotherhood ;)

“Hey you! yes you! Yeah I mean you!” Fan girl of the year Nicolene.

Spirit of First Mane's awkward speech...I miss them.

Sotha Sil appeared only a short time but man the dude is wise and well designed as character.

Honorable mention: King Dynar, most beautiful assasin Motierre, Green Togue etc, I hope there were ways to save them.
    Edited by Lyserus on December 14, 2017 9:08AM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its a draw between Razum-dar and Naryu. I love both of them.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know you said one, but my pick can't be separated - Lady Laurent and Stibbons.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naryu's is probably my favourite, but I also like all those mentioned above, with the addition of Turuk Redclaws and Velidreth :smile:
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raynor Vanos. He makes me feel so good about myself.

My Dunmer also has a bit of a thing for Kireth
    Edited by hydrocynus on December 14, 2017 10:28AM
    My internet is invalid
  • OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darian.
    If only he was a bit more flexible in his preferences ... :disappointed:
    And, of course, Jakarn.
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    flat,800x800,075,t.u1.jpg
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    Abnur tharn of course

"How
    Cloudless wrote: »
    flat,800x800,075,t.u1.jpg

I love when he's chilling in Mistral, petting the little cat.
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raz, Sheo, Planar Inhibitor, Ayrenn
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abnur Tharn :D he is so cool even hes voice actor is a amazing actor.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divayth Fyr, Atildel, Ahlora, Sotha Sil, Vanando, Abnur Tharn are some of my favorites.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~