The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Earthgore - PvP only? Trials Only?

Waffennacht
Waffennacht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have been looking at Earthgore as it's one of my few unfinished monster sets.

I've read a lot about it in PvP in groups, typically larger.

But nearly nothing about it in PvE, what little I did hear was an organized trial group that had several players wearing the set and staggering procs.

So is it a no go for anything else?

Also is it a tank set for PvE or Support or (though I doubt it) healer?
Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
1300+ CP
Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trials healers use healing springs which is an AoE spammable with low cost which heals much more than Earthgore procs. Also trial healers wear 2 x 5p sets so they can't fit a full monster set in their build without sacrificing very important group buffs like spell cost reduction, increased weapon & spell damage for allies or reduced for enemies. Earthgore can be good for PvP zergs though the HPS doesn't look impressive with the battle spirit halving.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The AoE heal seems solid, the AoE absorb thingy seems to be really cool.

I ask because I'm venturing into tanking, mostly PvE but also PvP.

And I want the set...

Also had an idea for Earthgore on a WW because of the easily controlled heal.

But I don't have it yet so I can't test
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK the negate effect only works on some mechanics. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume earthgore is good for learning runs but not min-max score runs
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about in BGs?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore is perfectly viable on one person in vAShm, it's a pretty unique fight where instead of healing springs you're casting mutagen all the time, using vma resto instead of master resto, and applying things like minor life steal to keep your spc procs up (you can still use springs for the jumping, but other than that it's not really used in that fight).
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The first time I saw a friendly earthgore eat an enemy negate (leading to a very impressive wipe) I was giddy.

The 10th time I saw a zerg ignore all opposition on the back of constant earthgore procs, I was less giddy.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Earthgore is perfectly viable on one person in vAShm, it's a pretty unique fight where instead of healing springs you're casting mutagen all the time, using vma resto instead of master resto, and applying things like minor life steal to keep your spc procs up (you can still use springs for the jumping, but other than that it's not really used in that fight).

Indeed, I have seen it have amazing success rate in vAS, it can save a lot of peoples lives. Not too many should run it but one or two can make a big difference. Would not recommend it anywhere else really in PvE from my current experience with it.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @paulsimonps I'm fan-girling (I'm a guy, but for the sake of the expression) at you quoting/agreeing with me.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll grind for it, but it seems highly specialized, not really PuG friendly
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @paulsimonps I'm fan-girling (I'm a guy, but for the sake of the expression) at you quoting/agreeing with me.

Thanks :tongue: It is something that I've seen a lot of my teammates running and its been a lot of help, can save people from accidental stuff in +1's and +2, and of course for people still getting the hang of the lightning.
    I'll grind for it, but it seems highly specialized, not really PuG friendly

Big thing in vAS is that the lighting of Olms only happens every 35+ seconds so it fits perfectly in line with the sets cooldown. Obviously it can also help with Felms or Llothis attacks which overlap a lot with Olms, its fairly large AoE also has a good chance to hit multiple targets. Asylum is a very recoverable Trial but the more you do +1 and +2 you start to realize how much just 1 or 2 deaths can hurt. So better safe than sorry.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the situation earthgore has been known to used on occasion in trials. It's an amazing during burn phases in hof and AA HM. It's able to carry the group a bit further.

In regards to 4 man it makes those no death runs far easier to achieve. It gives people a few secs to get out of stupid. Had a good time with using on posion in vDSA. The negate thing is a bit wierd at times but it does seem to help.

Tl:DR now we can heal stupid
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its pretty good on vDSA, when you have 1 tank and 3 DDs, Its actually a very solid choice.

For PvP, Im not playing that for a while.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, I have a pretty good idea about what he's intended for!
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is awesome for my WW in battlegrounds . Also my support warden is using it in Cyro.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore is really usefull for tank in 4m content runs with 3 DD's. It also find its use in PvP for many different builds.
    Edited by Juhasow on December 14, 2017 8:57PM