The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are Motifs useless?

• THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    THWIP71 wrote: »
    Milvan wrote: »
    Pretty sure that they will announce something about that really soon. They have been working on it for quit a while.

Source??

transmog...it was confirmed already...

If they implement a system similar to the ridiculously stupid transmutation system, it will just be another enormous waste of time.

Transmutation system is perfect. Transmute stones drop like candy. You can get your perfect weapon in just a few hours.

Wrong. I can't get ANY, because my wife and I don't do pvp or other group functions. We play together, and that's it...because that's what we've always wanted to do since we first played Morrowind, 14 yrs ago, sinking literally 1000s of hours into that, Oblivion and Skyrim. We pay for 2 ESO+ subs, just so we can enjoy this game together. It's bad enough that so many armor/weapon sets are locked behind pvp/group play, but to lock an entire feature like transmute behind it is simply stupid, and unfair.

If all you do is casual overland content, then you don't need optimal gear traits.

Transmute was designed for players who do endgame content, since they need optimal traits. Coincidentally, end game players can get transmute stones very easily (because they were designed for them).

You are the 3rd person that has responded to me with the word "need", even though I never once used the word "need" in my comments.

If I want all of my toons to wear full sets of a certain trait, or if I want to go the other way and have a different trait on every piece, that is my business, and my right. "Need" doesn't factor into it for me, any more than "need" factors into someone buying a new pair of shoes, even though they have a closet full of them (*cough*mywife*cough*).

I didn't "need" to create nearly 20 toons (5 on XB1, the rest on PC), leveling them all to 50, including their crafting skills...but I did. I don't "need" over 2 million gold, or over 1500 each of every common mat and ingredient in the game, or 500+ each of purple and yellow improvement mats....but I have them.

• theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    they are adding style stones (data mined) so it'll probably work the same way as transmute.
    Be interesting to see where they drop, since style is not and end game attribute like trait arguably are.

Assuming it isn't just a new name for style mats my guess is that they either come from daily writs or master writs (sold for vouchers)
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure that they will announce something about that really soon. They have been working on it for quit a while.

Source??

If they implement a system similar to the ridiculously stupid transmutation system, it will just be another enormous waste of time.

Transmutation system is perfect. Transmute stones drop like candy. You can get your perfect weapon in just a few hours.

Wrong. I can't get ANY, because my wife and I don't do pvp or other group functions. We play together, and that's it...because that's what we've always wanted to do since we first played Morrowind, 14 yrs ago, sinking literally 1000s of hours into that, Oblivion and Skyrim. We pay for 2 ESO+ subs, just so we can enjoy this game together. It's bad enough that so many armor/weapon sets are locked behind pvp/group play, but to lock an entire feature like transmute behind it is simply stupid, and unfair.

If all you do is casual overland content, then you don't need optimal gear traits.

Transmute was designed for players who do endgame content, since they need optimal traits. Coincidentally, end game players can get transmute stones very easily (because they were designed for them).

You are the 3rd person that has responded to me with the word "need", even though I never once used the word "need" in my comments.

If I want all of my toons to wear full sets of a certain trait, or if I want to go the other way and have a different trait on every piece, that is my business, and my right. "Need" doesn't factor into it for me, any more than "need" factors into someone buying a new pair of shoes, even though they have a closet full of them (*cough*mywife*cough*).

I didn't "need" to create nearly 20 toons (5 on XB1, the rest on PC), leveling them all to 50, including their crafting skills...but I did. I don't "need" over 2 million gold, or over 1500 each of every common mat and ingredient in the game, or 500+ each of purple and yellow improvement mats....but I have them.

Ur missing the point, that ur saying it breaks the game for you with no chance to get these traits change crystals bc you don’t do the content the requires you to have best trait in ur gear.

The stuff ur doing can be done with any trait this part of the game does not effect you and ur wife in anyway. The 5 piece bonus is more then enough. When it comes to pve end game and group min/maxing is much more important and that’s what these items was for. If ur going to do this end game stuff then you are going to need it to be competitive. If ur not it’s not necessary at all whether it be reinforce or training will not stop you from finishing a quest or farming mats.

• THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭

Source??

Ur missing the point, that ur saying it breaks the game for you with no chance to get these traits change crystals bc you don’t do the content the requires you to have best trait in ur gear.

The stuff ur doing can be done with any trait this part of the game does not effect you and ur wife in anyway. The 5 piece bonus is more then enough. When it comes to pve end game and group min/maxing is much more important and that’s what these items was for. If ur going to do this end game stuff then you are going to need it to be competitive. If ur not it’s not necessary at all whether it be reinforce or training will not stop you from finishing a quest or farming mats.

WOW.

You tell me I'm "missing the point", then proceed to use the words "require" and "necessary", which are, in fact, synonyms for "need".

Also, I never said "it breaks the game".

I don't know what your problem is, but you need to spend more time on reading comprehension, and less on trying to dictate to someone how they should play a game.

• FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Source??

WOW.

You tell me I'm "missing the point", then proceed to use the words "require" and "necessary", which are, in fact, synonyms for "need".

I don't know what your problem is, but you need to spend more time on reading comprehension, and less on trying to dictate to someone how they should play a game.

And you need to spend less time worrying about things that don’t effect you in any way

All the best
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @THWIP71 Very simple solution. You and your wife should start doing pve in Cyrodiil. There are pve quests there that reward alliance points, which earns you rewards of the worthy, which contain crystals. Since you are refusing to do other content, this is the only option you have to use the system.
    What the others clumsily tried to explain is that it's not ZOS, the game's or any other player's fault if you can't use a feature that is designed about a core aspects of the game which you happen to choose not to use. So I'm afraid you are not in the position to judge whether this has been poorly inplemented or not. Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but on the forums everything is open to debate.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Niobium
    Niobium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Transmute stones drop in the content it was designed to alleviate the grind from. Grinding dungeons, trials and arena for gear that you cannot easily pop by a guild trader and get is tedious. Therefore, in this area, the grind was lessened considerably by the introduction of transmutation.

If someone wants to grind overland content for Bind on Equip items that's up to the individual. There are alternative ways of getting the same gear (traders, zone chat etc) that are easily accessed individually whereas there is no equivalent way of getting such gear when the items are Bind on Pickup.

If someone wants to camp a single dolmen for a shot at a purple ring then that's awesome - the dolmen will drop down every 10minutes or so and that's that.. maybe someone else will advertise in zone chat they have it. Fantastic! But no one can sit in a dungeon on one boss and have it respawn every 10 minutes to camp that one item they want. At best they need 3 others.. at worst they need another 11 others who know what they're doing.

So no, transmute was implemented and executed to alleviate problems exactly where those problems occur. The RNG outside these areas already have multiple ways in which they can be overcome.

As a side note, on my level 22 character I got a purple geode in Normal Banished Cells 1 off the final boss. So it doesn't *only* drop off "end game" content.
    Edited by Niobium on December 13, 2017 8:33AM
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think its happening, soon maybe
    PC-NA
  • Denyiir
    Denyiir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Denyiir wrote: »
    Arobain wrote: »
    how can you say thatt transmutation is stupid, because you dont have the dlc? the crystals are extremely easy to get, AND they help shorten the grind ALOT

My wife and I have ESO+, so yes I have the DLC. That was a really silly assumption.

It's poorly implemented because they locked the crystals behind trials, pvp, vet dungeons, etc....something my wife and I never do. They should have also made them available via random drops from mats, like they've done with furnishing ingredients, or even with runestones. Aside from that, there's no reason not to have them randomly drop from dolmens, public dungeon bosses, etc. The current system is very limited, for no reason whatsoever.

They made it drop from EVERY part of the endgame, so don't call it poorly implemented just because you refuse to do any if it.
    Also it made me wonder if you don't do dungeons/trials/pvp what gear would you want to retrait ? :lol:

WTF are you talking about? If they dropped from "every part", this discussion wouldn't be happening. Your problem is, you think "endgame content" only involves non-pve, which is patently false.

And asking what gear I'd want to retrait is silly ; obviously we want to retrait whatever gear we have, from the combined 21 CP-level characters between us. Whether or not we play dungeons/trial/pvp is completely irrelevant, where that is concerned.

I said from every part of endgame not just "every part" which means both pve(dungeons,trials) and pvp(cyrodil,bg) - picking up materials from ground isn't endgame.

And you're missing a point of retrait system. It's not made so every nub could retrait every shi*** item they pick up, it's been made as an alternative for people who were/are farming for some rare items and still didn't get them in trait they wanted.
  • Denyiir
    Denyiir
    ✭✭✭✭
    On topic: yes, motifs are useless. I know all of them :lol:
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭

Source??

WOW.

And you need to spend less time worrying about things that don’t effect you in any way

All the best

Funny, I could say the exact same thing about you. You sure seem hell bent on badgering me until I see things your way, as though my opinion somehow effects you. Ironically, it's people like you that made us realize we had no desire to play pvp/group content in the game.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can easily grind out transmute stones: do 10.5k in PvP daily for a geode in first rewards of the worthy, then go do a random vet dungeon which also might be a daily. By time the campaign ends you will get, at least, a 50 shard geode. If you did that 25 days out of every month, you will have 100 stones, or 2 pieces of gear, every month, on a monthly campaign.

I can do both of those in an hour each day. So just committing 1 hour of gameplay per day most of the month means you get all 10 slots adjusted in 5 months. In the meantime you can still grind the content you want gear from and maybe luck out and get it as drop.

Transmute is insurance, so if you treat it that way you shouldn't have a hard time getting it.
    Edited by PS4_ZeColmeia on December 13, 2017 2:08PM
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Source??

There are certainly other ways to play ESO; but this is pretty much the "endgame", dungeons or pvp.

Have you guys tried starting with normal (non-vet) dungeons?

I also got this game because I loved Oblivion and Skyrim, but after visiting Cyrodiil for the first time I got hooked on the pvp. To me it has a lot more of the unpredictable open world sandbox feeling of the single player TES games, where anything can happen.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on December 13, 2017 2:21PM
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @THWIP71 : Group dungeons are totally pve, and most of them are duo-able, so dude, I really don't get what your problem is with the current system that's in place. If you want specific traits or whatever, grind them like everyone else had to do before transmuting was a thing; nobody is stopping you from getting the traits you want the "easy" way, except you.

That said, one day, motifs will not be useless. xD Eventually. In a few years, probably.
    Edited by Hanokihs on December 13, 2017 2:49PM
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they useless? No

The reason they are not useless is becasue the more motifs you know the higher your % for receiving master crafting writs.

As other have already mentioned here and other threads. ESO will be releasing a transmog system at some point and the Motifs will explode in value.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can totally mix crafted gear with dropped gear and still look decent ... while maintaining a high combat effectiveness.

My lowbie level 35 Stam Warden wears 5x Ravager (head, greatsword, off-hand mace, jewelry) + 5x Mechanical Acuity crafted.

She picked up a couple of undaunted keys in the recent dungeon event ... waiting to hit the next crafted mats tier to retrieve those monster shoulders.

Pictured below.

qCQZ5la.jpg