The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Are Motifs useless?

One_ofMany
One_ofMany
✭✭✭
There are TONS of Motifs, the outfit possibilities are endless until you realize everyone wears dropped sets and those sets cannot have a motif applied to them. :(
I'm really bummed out!

We need appearance slots for outfits like other games have done
or
the ability for crafters to apply a motif to a dropped item.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure that they will announce something about that really soon. They have been working on it for quit a while.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »
    Pretty sure that they will announce something about that really soon. They have been working on it for quit a while.

Source??
  • One_ofMany
    One_ofMany
    ✭✭✭
    Great! Is there somewhere I can read about that?
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    THWIP71 wrote: »

Source??

transmog...it was confirmed already...
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭

Source??

If they implement a system similar to the ridiculously stupid transmutation system, it will just be another enormous waste of time.
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    how can you say thatt transmutation is stupid, because you dont have the dlc? the crystals are extremely easy to get, AND they help shorten the grind ALOT
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    they are adding style stones (data mined) so it'll probably work the same way as transmute.
    Be interesting to see where they drop, since style is not and end game attribute like trait arguably are.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motifs are purely cosmetic, so yeah useless.

But for good crafted gear like Hunding's and Julianos which are in meta (I think I don't pay attention to that ship), then you can look fanciful, matching, not wearing ugly gear.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lack of design wise .
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not useless great time sink economy booster for something we can’t use. It’s is fun trying to keep up with the next motif farm every time I finish 1 collection 2-3 more come in. It’s never ending XD
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restyle System is coming!
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They've already announced it.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Source??

Gina confirmed it on forums and Reddit. Might have even been mentioned in an ESO Live episode. Don't have post on hand.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 13, 2017 4:53AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Source??

If they implement a system similar to the ridiculously stupid transmutation system, it will just be another enormous waste of time.

Transmutation system is perfect. Transmute stones drop like candy. You can get your perfect weapon in just a few hours.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also nope, crafted sets are really good and popular. I really like my full glass set up on my tank, looks great.

Julianos and Hundings rage are both great and popular sets.

Nightmothers gaze, Shacklebreaker, Torugs pact also really good.

Helmet and shoulder motifs however...are useless.
    Edited by Narvuntien on December 13, 2017 5:12AM
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    an "easy" fix could also be that once you learn a motif you get all variants as costume as well....
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arobain wrote: »
    how can you say thatt transmutation is stupid, because you dont have the dlc? the crystals are extremely easy to get, AND they help shorten the grind ALOT

My wife and I have ESO+, so yes I have the DLC. That was a really silly assumption.

It's poorly implemented because they locked the crystals behind trials, pvp, vet dungeons, etc....something my wife and I never do. They should have also made them available via random drops from mats, like they've done with furnishing ingredients, or even with runestones. Aside from that, there's no reason not to have them randomly drop from dolmens, public dungeon bosses, etc. The current system is very limited, for no reason whatsoever.
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭

Source??

Transmutation system is perfect. Transmute stones drop like candy. You can get your perfect weapon in just a few hours.

Wrong. I can't get ANY, because my wife and I don't do pvp or other group functions. We play together, and that's it...because that's what we've always wanted to do since we first played Morrowind, 14 yrs ago, sinking literally 1000s of hours into that, Oblivion and Skyrim. We pay for 2 ESO+ subs, just so we can enjoy this game together. It's bad enough that so many armor/weapon sets are locked behind pvp/group play, but to lock an entire feature like transmute behind it is simply stupid, and unfair.
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    an "easy" fix could also be that once you learn a motif you get all variants as costume as well....

But then ZOS couldn't sell them as costumes.
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don’t forget about the master writs as well OP. Some people collect the motifs to do those.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One_ofMany wrote: »
    There are TONS of Motifs, the outfit possibilities are endless until you realize everyone wears dropped sets and those sets cannot have a motif applied to them. :(
    I'm really bummed out!

We need appearance slots for outfits like other games have done
    or
    the ability for crafters to apply a motif to a dropped item.

So you only care about how you can apply your learned Motif Styles to other players?

I still hear from time to time players asking "Can anyone make me a set in this style?" Hell I even hired someone to craft me something once that I couldn't myself. But Motif Styles are cosmetic preferences. They help you choose how YOU want to look, and I enjoy the little moments of "playing dress up".
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Denyiir
    Denyiir
    ✭✭✭✭

My wife and I have ESO+, so yes I have the DLC. That was a really silly assumption.

It's poorly implemented because they locked the crystals behind trials, pvp, vet dungeons, etc....something my wife and I never do. They should have also made them available via random drops from mats, like they've done with furnishing ingredients, or even with runestones. Aside from that, there's no reason not to have them randomly drop from dolmens, public dungeon bosses, etc. The current system is very limited, for no reason whatsoever.

They made it drop from EVERY part of the endgame, so don't call it poorly implemented just because you refuse to do any if it.
    Also it made me wonder if you don't do dungeons/trials/pvp what gear would you want to retrait ? :lol:
    Edited by Denyiir on December 13, 2017 5:44AM
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Denyiir wrote: »

They made it drop from EVERY part of the endgame, so don't call it poorly implemented just because you refuse to do any if it.
    Also it made me wonder if you don't do dungeons/trials/pvp what gear would you want to retrait ? :lol:

WTF are you talking about? If they dropped from "every part", this discussion wouldn't be happening. Your problem is, you think "endgame content" only involves non-pve, which is patently false.

And asking what gear I'd want to retrait is silly ; obviously we want to retrait whatever gear we have, from the combined 21 CP-level characters between us. Whether or not we play dungeons/trial/pvp is completely irrelevant, where that is concerned.

• FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Source??

Wrong. I can't get ANY, because my wife and I don't do pvp or other group functions. We play together, and that's it...because that's what we've always wanted to do since we first played Morrowind, 14 yrs ago, sinking literally 1000s of hours into that, Oblivion and Skyrim. We pay for 2 ESO+ subs, just so we can enjoy this game together. It's bad enough that so many armor/weapon sets are locked behind pvp/group play, but to lock an entire feature like transmute behind it is simply stupid, and unfair.

I’m just going to say if u and ur wife only play together and don’t do pvp dungeons and trials then what trait on ur gear does not matter. This means you don’t need them at all.

If you did do these things you would get them bc you would need them

You have no valid point
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much yeah, unless you want to be that master crafter, I stopped collecting afterthe 2nd or 3rd new motif that came in pages, I didn't have time and really CBA farming these pages for gear I would only make a full set out of once a major patch or so
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭

Source??

I’m just going to say if u and ur wife only play together and don’t do pvp dungeons and trials then what trait on ur gear does not matter. This means you don’t need them at all.

If you did do these things you would get them bc you would need them

You have no valid point

"Need"? Who ever said anything about "need"? Certainly not me. But when the sets I like to use constantly drop as "reinforced" or "training", or some other trait I don't like, I'm ultimately forced to use them to complete my set, to take advantage of the set bonus(es). Transmute was supposed to fix that...but it doesn't, because of how it's implemented. If you don't understand that, no problem....but don't tell me I "have no valid point".

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Source??

If all you do is casual overland content, then you don't need optimal gear traits.

Transmute was designed for players who do endgame content, since they need optimal traits. Coincidentally, end game players can get transmute stones very easily (because they were designed for them).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 13, 2017 6:34AM
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭

Source??

If all you do is casual overland content, then you don't need optimal weapon traits.

Read my previous response to FloppyTouch ^^^
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Source??

If all you do is casual overland content, then you don't need optimal weapon traits.

Read my previous response to FloppyTouch ^^^

You kinda don't , though. It drops from every source that it is necessary for. I would hardly call that 'poorly implemented. "