The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is a 'zerg'?

• Ferrofluid
    Ferrofluid
    ✭✭✭
    In PvP the cry "zerg" pretty much is used to cover any amount of players that result in the death of the person crying zerg. I still laugh over the time I was called a zerg when my entire group totaled 3 people while we had an open fight with 2 enemies no one else anywhere close to us.

I once got called a zerg when 2 of us attacked an IC flag with an enemy player on it. In hindsight, the negate + meteor was probably a bit unnecessary though... :P
    a.k.a. Aps
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soleya wrote: »
    Here is a screenshot of a zerg.

prpMJAD.jpg

Two of us took the flag, then this group showed up.

And yes one of them is teabagging me.

haha, yes, zergged and then tea-bagged, total PvP joy...If I'm part of a zerg that kills like 2 toons, I leave the tea-bagging out of it, I have honor lol

Cool that the CPU shows kill streaks, I don't think the console does..
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DarkAedin wrote: »
    Simple:
    N +1 = zerg
    Where "N" is the number of players in your group.
    Unless ur 1vXing with friends, then its 2

^Exactly this, however many in your party, zerg equals one more than you.

But how do you "1 v X with friends"?
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DarkAedin wrote: »
    Simple:
    N +1 = zerg
    Where "N" is the number of players in your group.
    Unless ur 1vXing with friends, then its 2

^Exactly this, however many in your party, zerg equals one more than you.

But how do you "1 v X with friends"?

Fawken space magic
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

prpMJAD.jpg

All zergs need a designated bagger. Usually falls to the guy least likely to ever get a kill on his own. :#
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    I don't PvP much, but I usually follow a large group around to capture or defend keeps. Large scale sieges are a lot more fun than 1v1, but I've never been in a group to specifically chase down single targets because it's a waste of time compared to capturing/defending. In fact, sometimes an opposing faction will have a few people to distract/draw us away just to waste our time because they end up being so elusive and hard to kill. I've gotten caught in a couple opposing zergs, but it's usually because I'm alone and not being smart about taking less traveled paths. Safety in numbers!
    Yes, this one is also an zergling then PvP. PvE in Cyrodil is is solo or 2-3 friends.
    And a zerg chasing an single player is an very juicy target, have tank get zerg agro, he run away, this spread the zerg out, the small group who tank is member of can now roll up the zerg like eating an large sausage.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goshua wrote: »
    A normally leaderless mass with or without an objective.
    Objectives are chosen on the fly by how far they actually get to toward them before being completely obliterated.
    May be a collection of groups, massed.
    Each group has a leader for grouping purposes (and AP)
    Commands are normally textual and hardly ever listened too
    No one has any siege except meat bags and oil.

Too surf a zerg is to follow like a good little bait fish; dart out and do your deeps, run like a girl to the swirl.
    Remember the poor DK who wanted to pull some out of our zerg then we took an resource, he forgot the morph he had on chains on that character so he pulled himself into out AoE on flag. Killing DK quest +1 and a dead player marker inside group :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZvZvZ is what ESO PvP was originally designed for. ;)
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

prpMJAD.jpg

Spawn more overlords!!
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In short: If you fight and you got Xv1-ed - then you got "zerged" - So the whole term "zerg" often depends on how many players you are fighting against.

So if you are alone and suddenly 5 players will attack you.. then 5 vs 1 all spamming skills - then technically even a small group could be a "zerg".
    But also "zerg" might be a type of behaviour....
    Not going in to details term "zerg" comes from Star Craft games and it refers to a alien race that was mind-controlled by the "hive" or something like that. So you had all those "zerglings" doing the same thing and depend on numbers to overwhelm the enemy.
    So if there is a certain group of players clustered all spamming the same skills, ults, aoes and going in the same direction, making turns at the same time etc. - then there is no better description of a "zerg"
    The only difference is the organised groups require less players to form a "zerg". If you have a buch of solo players or "zerg - surfers" - then it usually requires a lot more players to form a "zerg"
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 12, 2017 11:27PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Zerg is an enemy group with a size greater than or equal to n+1, where n is the size of your own group.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurtfan wrote: »

prpMJAD.jpg

haha, yes, zergged and then tea-bagged, total PvP joy...If I'm part of a zerg that kills like 2 toons, I leave the tea-bagging out of it, I have honor lol

Cool that the CPU shows kill streaks, I don't think the console does..

There's a few addons I use for PVP, one of them keeps track of your kills, deaths, killing blows, streaks, etc.

The crazy thing, I actually killed a few of them before I went down. I probably could have run, but no honor in fleeing.

I'm pretty sure the one teabagging didn't kill me either.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zergs:- are pretty much anything 2+ players that soloist dont like
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerg = an enemy group who's numbers are equal to or greater than how many enemy players you see on your screen when you are killed

;)