The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nihilos' Magplar PvP Build for CWC (Open World Damage Build)

Nihilos
Nihilos
✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JVxWcKzyWE&feature=youtu.be

Let me know if you have any constructive feedback! Enjoy

Skills:
• Dual wield front bar: Toppling Charge, Puncturing Sweeps, Structured Entropy, Purifying Light, Radiant Destruction
Sword and Shield bar: Elusive Mist, Reflective Light, Breath of Life, Extended Ritual, Channeled Focus
Mundus:
• I use atronach, you can use either the apprentice or the mage if you change around your jewelry enchants and feel you have enough sustain. You can get upwards of 43k magicka if you use blue food with the mage, or 3800 spell damage with the apprentice.
Food:
• Witchmother’s Potent Brew (health/mag/mag regen)
• You can use Blue Food as well if you change your mundus/jewelry enchants to make up for the regen loss.

Build Gear/Glyphs/Traits: https://imgur.com/gallery/84loM

Gear: 5x Shacklebreaker 5x Spinner 2x Pirate Skele (Bloodspawn and Skoria are also good options, I switch between all three monster sets depending on what I’m doing)

Champion Points:
The Apprentice
• 64 Elemental Expert
• 16 Elfborn
• 60 Spell Erosion
• 0 Blessed
The Atronach
• 18 Master at arms
• 0 Staff expert
• 0 Shattering Blows
• 0 Physical Weapon Expert
The Ritual
• 72Thaumaturge
• 0 Precise Strikes
• 0 Piercing
• 0 Mighty
The Tower
• 40 Warlord
• x Bashing Focus
• 18 Sprinter
• 0 Siphoner
The Lover
• 64 Arcanist
• 43 Tenacity
• 0Healthy
• 15 Mooncalf
The Shadow
• 23 Shadow Ward
• 26 Tumbling
• 1 Befoul
• 0 Shade
The Lady
• 43 Elemental Defender
• 32 Hardy
• 11 Thick Skin
• 22Light armor focus
The Steed
• 51 Iron Clad
• 31 Spell shield
• 0 Medium Armor Focus
• 40 Resistant
The Lord
• 0 Expert Defender
• 0 Bastion
• 0 Quick Recovery
• 0 Heavy armor focus

Note on CP: You may also benefit from taking points out of Spell Erosion and putting them into Elfborn. The diminishing gains on pen you get as you put more CP in probably makes those extra points better spent elsewhere. Additionally, you can also take points out of Spell Shield and/or Light Armor Focus and put them into Resistant. I have to do more testing to figure out which is better and which I like better.
Edited by Nihilos on December 12, 2017 6:46PM
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    plz write the sets and skillbars. not everyone have access to yt :)
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't feel there is a "best" or meta magplar build, but what you got in this video is definitely one of the better ones out there. The stats are particularly impressive.

I'd add one more crap Templar skill to the ones you mentioned, Radiant Destruction. As we havent see a single roly poly build complain about this skill in at least 7 or 8 months, there's no clearer signal that anything you killed with this skill you could have killed quicker and more efficiently with something else.

I think Defensive Posture and Eclipse are both better and certainly more versatile. Eclipse is good for the moment because many non-Templars have yet to read the CWC patch notes and are not CC breaking this skill. At some point they will, so maybe give it a shot while the going is good. Defensive Posture is an all around solid skill and it's *really* nice when a Xv1 sorc or magblade stun themselves while you are securing a kill against another player.

Edited by Joy_Division on December 12, 2017 6:33AM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't feel there is a "best" or meta magplar build, but what you got in this video is definitely one of the better ones out there. The stats are particularly impressive.

I'd add one more crap Templar skill to the ones you mentioned, Radiant Destruction. As we havent see a single roly poly build complain about this skill in at least 7 or 8 months, there's no clearer signal that anything you killed with this skill you could have killed quicker and more efficiently with something else.

I think Defensive Posture and Eclipse are both better and certainly more versatile. Eclipse is good for the moment because many non-Templars have yet to read the CWC patch notes and are not CC breaking this skill. At some point they will, so maybe give it a shot while the going is good. Defensive Posture is an all around solid skill and it's *really* nice when a Xv1 sorc or magblade stun themselves while you are securing a kill against another player.

UC is a nice step in the right direction towards giving templars their own defensive mechanics back. But till we can get a Max mag shield, aoe defense mechanic, and reliable mobilty, we will never be able to get away from block/BoL spam most of us have to run in order to be competitive.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    plz write the sets and skillbars. not everyone have access to yt :)

And a quick description too. Some of us also forgot our headphones at home and can't hear the audio at work lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

...I've swapped from radiant to lightning or resto heavies on roly builds. Radiant wasn't really doing anything special against a vigored up roller that an enchant proc on a lighting heavy wouldn't do. Yay for the extra slot.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sets from vid:
    2pc pirate skeleton
    5 spinner
    5 shakle
  • Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah sorry I’ll write up a description and put it here when I get on my lunch break in a little bit :)
  • Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭
    Write up is in the original post, I also have an imgur link to a spreadsheet grind of all the traits/what pieces go where, etc. for easy reading
  • Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭

I still find beam to be incredibly useful for killing targets that try to out range me— my radiant also hits incredibly hard. Just because people aren’t complaining about it doesn’t mean it’s not good :p

But yeah, it isn’t necessarily required for success and you can put other stuff there if you want. Good idea with defensive posture though I might try that
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent build, Nilly! :smile:
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihilos wrote: »

I still find beam to be incredibly useful for killing targets that try to out range me— my radiant also hits incredibly hard. Just because people aren’t complaining about it doesn’t mean it’s not good :p

But yeah, it isn’t necessarily required for success and you can put other stuff there if you want. Good idea with defensive posture though I might try that

I find it to be a liability against good melee opponents. I usually just continue the pressure with jabs now. Although I've been playing more support when I'm on my templar lately. It does great damage on some builds, that's for sure.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ur a great player man. Mad respect.

I would suggest a sustain set. Sustain at 2k regen with no staff is not enough. You are goingnto have so many fights where ur just standing there not doing anything waiting on regen. I wear desert rose. The perk to this as opposed to lich, is that it also gives me magic once per mist form cast, basically cutting the cost down to 1.5ish thousand.

No I don't get the extra 2k stamina, but I don't miss it. Tri stat food gives me plenty. Could slot overwhelming surge for nice sustained damage would give more damage than spinner fo sho.

I would also swap pirate out man, you have enough tank to not need that, plus the ulti gen from bloodspawn is amazing!

Anyway, aside from the other suggestions my main one has got to be the regen...not enough without a staff. Wish zeni would just bite the bullet and make two handers count as two set items. I think many magplar would go staffs over stamina weeps. I sure as hell would
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »

I would suggest a sustain set. Sustain at 2k regen with no staff is not enough. You are goingnto have so many fights where ur just standing there not doing anything waiting on regen. I wear desert rose. The perk to this as opposed to lich, is that it also gives me magic once per mist form cast, basically cutting the cost down to 1.5ish thousand.

No I don't get the extra 2k stamina, but I don't miss it. Tri stat food gives me plenty. Could slot overwhelming surge for nice sustained damage would give more damage than spinner fo sho.

I would also swap pirate out man, you have enough tank to not need that, plus the ulti gen from bloodspawn is amazing!

Anyway, aside from the other suggestions my main one has got to be the regen...not enough without a staff. Wish zeni would just bite the bullet and make two handers count as two set items. I think many magplar would go staffs over stamina weeps. I sure as hell would

I sustain absoluty fine in heavy with 2k regen. Also spinners is a far far far superior set to overwhelming, mate.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »

I sustain absoluty fine in heavy with 2k regen. Also spinners is a far far far superior set to overwhelming, mate.

Takes NBs outta cloak, sustained dot, concussion, I wouldn't say spinner's is far superior
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Takes NBs outta cloak, sustained dot, concussion, I wouldn't say spinner's is far superior

Spinners isn’t even close to surge on single targets. Surge has more damage on 2-4 pcs and concussion from the proc is 8%, plus the dot and the cloak breaking utility.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭

Surge > spinner any day of the week. Don't forget one of the magplars biggest weakness is transitioning from defence to offense. If you have 5 surge on body you'll put so much pressure from your backbar, which creates way more opportunities to go back on the offense.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »

Surge > spinner any day of the week. Don't forget one of the magplars biggest weakness is transitioning from defence to offense. If you have 5 surge on body you'll put so much pressure from your backbar, which creates way more opportunities to go back on the offense.

this is true! source: myself
    Edited by Trashs1 on December 13, 2017 6:43AM
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could try dropping radiant and putting vamps name there moving the spinners sword to front bar and equipping 1 more SB body piece and using defensive posture and the asylum sword and board on the back bar for even more sustain to let yourself use apprentice/mage and blue food or what ever.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regen looks low. I so often become outnumbered that even 3k+ buffed regen isn't enough sometimes. Depends on opponents though
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Tell me how? I tried playing heavy magplar with dw + SnB, but when pressured you will run out of magicka pretty quickly with little tools to recover.