The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mag NB Ganking Set Ups

• Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    rteezy wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/be5vyI4LwRw

First night out. Definitely a bit rusty but it's been a good learning experience. I'm in 7/7 impen atm because it's what I had in my bank...so I'll probably switch to divines once I'm not poor in game lol. I guess I'll just keep making more of these to see how I progress.

For now here's what I've learned:

1) Choose your target carefully (25k max HP seems to be my sweet spot...for now)
    2) Fail the gank? GTFO
    3) Lag WILL screw you
    4) Shade is so useless it's not even funny
    5) Have fun!

nice vid!

ar eyou using Torugs with eleg/spinners?

what is ur burst combo?looked a bit diferente form jackdaniels one..u buff with light/cloak..then HA and swallow soul?

Elegant/Spinners/1 Kena

The combo is Magelight->Cloak->H.A.->Concealed (if in melee range), Destructive Reach (if out of melee), then a follow up with either an Ulti/Light Attack/Concealed/Reach. I'm probably going to find a way to get lotus fan in there so I can use concealed most of the time as it hits the hardest.

What mundus are you running? You think it would be better to run Torugs/Elegant with the Lover?
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreth wrote: »

First night out. Definitely a bit rusty but it's been a good learning experience. I'm in 7/7 impen atm because it's what I had in my bank...so I'll probably switch to divines once I'm not poor in game lol. I guess I'll just keep making more of these to see how I progress.

1) Choose your target carefully (25k max HP seems to be my sweet spot...for now)
    2) Fail the gank? GTFO
    3) Lag WILL screw you
    5) Have fun!

nice vid!

what is ur burst combo?looked a bit diferente form jackdaniels one..u buff with light/cloak..then HA and swallow soul?

Elegant/Spinners/1 Kena

The combo is Magelight->Cloak->H.A.->Concealed (if in melee range), Destructive Reach (if out of melee), then a follow up with either an Ulti/Light Attack/Concealed/Reach. I'm probably going to find a way to get lotus fan in there so I can use concealed most of the time as it hits the hardest.

What mundus are you running? You think it would be better to run Torugs/Elegant with the Lover?

Apprentice for right now. Hmm maybe? What's the value of the Lover? I currently don't have the funds to compare the two set ups atm but after I'm done with this build I'm definitely going to try torugs. This setup gives me about 40k max though which helps with my cloak spamming.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭

2) Fail the gank? GTFO
    3) Lag WILL screw you
    5) Have fun!

nice vid!

Elegant/Spinners/1 Kena

why concealed over swallow soul:?
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The change to clever alchemist is kinda lame, but you can still use it if you are either grouped with someone else who starts combat, or start combat then drink invis pot to proc it for example.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2) Fail the gank? GTFO
    3) Lag WILL screw you
    5) Have fun!

nice vid!

Elegant/Spinners/1 Kena

I like getting super close to people in their groups because I think its funny/exhilarating. Swallow soul doesn't hit as hard/look as funny as an instant no projectile damage source.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

2) Fail the gank? GTFO
    3) Lag WILL screw you
    5) Have fun!

nice vid!

Elegant/Spinners/1 Kena

I like getting super close to people in their groups because I think its funny/exhilarating. Swallow soul doesn't hit as hard/look as funny as an instant no projectile damage source.

Does a heavy flame staff attack count as "Spell damage". It would be great to combine elegance with Stygian (except stygian is medium armor) which does 20% more spelldamage from stealth/invisible and adds spelldamage+magicka from 2 and 4 piece bones. (and stamina for 3rd piece)

Edited by Knootewoot on December 14, 2017 1:48PM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭
    so, anyone tested the gank burst of torugus with na infused inferno and elegante vs war maiden ?
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »

2) Fail the gank? GTFO
    3) Lag WILL screw you
    5) Have fun!

nice vid!

Elegant/Spinners/1 Kena

Does a heavy flame staff attack count as "Spell damage". It would be great to combine elegance with Stygian (except stygian is medium armor) which does 20% more spelldamage from stealth/invisible and adds spelldamage+magicka from 2 and 4 piece bones. (and stamina for 3rd piece)

Destro H.A. scales off of spell damage and max magicka so I'm going to assume that yes, it does scale with stygian (someone correct if I'm wrong). However, a lot of the people I tend to target are fairly good players and I always expect at least a decent level of resistance on their gear. So spinners seems more appealing to me since I don't have to go back into stealth if I need to finish someone off if they somehow manage to survive the initial opening.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Stygian buffs staff HA. Against squishies, Stygian + Elegant may perform better than Spinners + Elegant. But you'd have to get 3-pc jewelry, staff, and one armor piece, preferably Chest for the most resistance. This would also add 7% sneak cost reduction, handy for Dark Stalker vamps on the move.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Stygian buffs staff HA. Against squishies, Stygian + Elegant may perform better than Spinners + Elegant. But you'd have to get 3-pc jewelry, staff, and one armor piece, preferably Chest for the most resistance. This would also add 7% sneak cost reduction, handy for Dark Stalker vamps on the move.

Yea for squishy targets that setup may be best. The 7% sneak reduction doesn't seem THAT appealing to me though, since leveling Legerdemain gives an already pretty insane bonus to sneak cost reduction. Plus I can cloak forever lol.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea for squishy targets that setup may be best. The 7% sneak reduction doesn't seem THAT appealing to me though, since leveling Legerdemain gives an already pretty insane bonus to sneak cost reduction. Plus I can cloak forever lol.

7% doesn't seem like much, but with a stam pool < 10k, it helps. Plus, that 1 piece of medium will also reduce your detection radius, and give you +2% to all attributes if you have 2 points into Undaunted Mettle. It does harm your mag. management over what running a 7th piece of light would, but it's all a game of tradeoffs based on play style.

Back before they fixed stacking Dark Stalker and Shadow Dancer (and my mNB could sneak faster than a horse), a used 2 pieces of medium Clever Alchemist. I could sneak from one Fort to another without running out of stamina, and beat the rest of my squad there. Boy, those were fun times.

8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What traits and glyphs are you using on your weapons?
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blkjag wrote: »

Nirn Elegant Flame Staff with a shock enchant on it.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, i tried 5 pieces elegant with yellow nirn destro staff and 5 pieces spinner and one random monster that gave extra magicka.

Kinda disappointed. Every target had after the heavy attack and suprise attack lots of health left.

I did around 4-5k heavy attack damage and only 4-5k crit concealed weapon. I found my soul harvest ultimate lacking. It did 4-5k damage while enemies dish out 7-9k incap strike. I had all my armor impenetrable. Those enemies where stamblades though.

I must be doing something wrong lol. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, i tried 5 pieces elegant with yellow nirn destro staff and 5 pieces spinner and one random monster that gave extra magicka.

Kinda disappointed. Every target had after the heavy attack and suprise attack lots of health left.

I did around 4-5k heavy attack damage and only 4-5k crit concealed weapon. I found my soul harvest ultimate lacking. It did 4-5k damage while enemies dish out 7-9k incap strike. I had all my armor impenetrable. Those enemies where stamblades though.

watch my video, my heavy's go for 10k-16k, concealed 6k-10k, ulti 8k-14k, flame reach 3-5k. Did you set up your cp correctly? Remember that a lot of the heavy attack damage comes from the magelight empowerment as well. That is a must have.

I also try and pick certain targets. 25k health is like my sweet spot and if I know they're in light/medium it's almost a guaranteed kill unless they shield/dodge at the luckiest moment.
    Edited by Moglijuana on December 15, 2017 6:58PM
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need any advice feel free to ask, I'm more than happy to get everyone on a good foot to start inducing some zerlging rage lol

Edited by Moglijuana on December 15, 2017 7:04PM
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit I'm so confused on how I ended up quoting myself :D
    Edited by Moglijuana on December 15, 2017 7:01PM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

watch my video, my heavy's go for 10k-16k, concealed 6k-10k, ulti 8k-14k, flame reach 3-5k. Did you set up your cp correctly? Remember that a lot of the heavy attack damage comes from the magelight empowerment as well. That is a must have.

I also try and pick certain targets. 25k health is like my sweet spot and if I know they're in light/medium it's almost a guaranteed kill unless they shield/dodge at the luckiest moment.

I will rewatch the whole vid :smile:

PS: How did you distrubute your CP's?
    Edited by Knootewoot on December 15, 2017 7:09PM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't remember off the top of my head, but for the blue trees its 75 points into elemental expert, 50 into elfborn, 2k more spell pen (idk how many points that is), then the rest split between heavy/light attack damage and direct damage however you see fit. You at least want 75 in there to get the "Butcher" passive.
    Edited by Moglijuana on December 15, 2017 7:25PM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'd try martial knowledge too
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭

m8 are u doing this on cp or non cp campaign?

im tryign torugs/elegant/1 domi

and my damage si crap on either campaign..cant gank at all.....

im only cp 334
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't remember off the top of my head, but for the blue trees its 75 points into elemental expert, 50 into elfborn, 2k more spell pen (idk how many points that is), then the rest split between heavy/light attack damage and direct damage however you see fit. You at least want 75 in there to get the "Butcher" passive.

Yeah i didn't play much a while back and it seems the entire CP tree is different. I didn't even know about direct damage lol.
    I need to re-distribute everything.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I am still not sold on elegant though, it only buffs 50% (or 33%) of your skills during a gank. There has to be something else... torugs looks like a great idea, combined with spinners it could do some real damage. I'll give everything a shot once I come home.

I'd also assume you'd put a lot of points into direct damage/heavy attack damage? You said that butcher passive is a must have, but why is it really? I mean your heavies hit at over 75% right? Or is the premise that your follow up attack will bring the targets under 75%?
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

m8 are u doing this on cp or non cp campaign?

im tryign torugs/elegant/1 domi

and my damage si crap on either campaign..cant gank at all.....

im only cp 334

CP, you probably want to be capped for this. Also Ele/Torugs wouldn't be a very good combo in my eyes. Elegant doesn't give enough damage to make up for the loss of 4k spell pen for trading spinners for Torugs. The whole point of ganking is to try and be at or as close as possible to 100% penetration on an unbuffed target. This way your damage is almost guaranteed and you're not relying on the weapon enchant as much.
    Subversus wrote: »
    Interesting. I am still not sold on elegant though, it only buffs 50% (or 33%) of your skills during a gank. There has to be something else... torugs looks like a great idea, combined with spinners it could do some real damage. I'll give everything a shot once I come home.

I'd also assume you'd put a lot of points into direct damage/heavy attack damage? You said that butcher passive is a must have, but why is it really? I mean your heavies hit at over 75% right? Or is the premise that your follow up attack will bring the targets under 75%?

The empowered heavy attack from stealth is probably the single most important attack when ganking as a destro build. That's why I use Elegant. The butcher passive is extremely useful as well bc there are plenty of times where my target will be at 5%-10% health or something similar and manage to dodge roll out to reset (while flame reach is ticking to ensure their one heal they may get off can't get them past 25% hp)...but usually as they are dodge rolling I am sitting in stealth already charging another heavy that will most likely connect as his dodge roll ends. Or I can just weave some l.a. + concealed weapons for a kill too. The 5% dmg from L.A. is somewhat noticeable as well.
  • Durete
    Durete
    ✭✭
    Very interesting discussion here.

I'm jaleous on your damage output, seeing that my swallow souls hit for 2.5-3k damage, and spectral bow for 5k-10k damage in cyrodiil.

What are your thoughts of having "Concealed weapon" on your destro bar and "Swallow soul on resto bar"

Reason being: Destro>Swallow soul weaving isn't working as a normal weave, very clunky.
    while destro>concealed works fine as well as resto>Swallow soul working fine.
    You're able to attack about twice as fast with light attack weave that way than with destro>Swallow
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durete wrote: »
    Very interesting discussion here.

I'm jaleous on your damage output, seeing that my swallow souls hit for 2.5-3k damage, and spectral bow for 5k-10k damage in cyrodiil.

What are your thoughts of having "Concealed weapon" on your destro bar and "Swallow soul on resto bar"

Reason being: Destro>Swallow soul weaving isn't working as a normal weave, very clunky.
    while destro>concealed works fine as well as resto>Swallow soul working fine.
    You're able to attack about twice as fast with light attack weave that way than with destro>Swallow

I always put swallow soul on my back bar B) . Weaving with a resto is so easy compared to a destro and you can control your opponent with crippling as well until your bow procs.

BUT for straight up ganking, I rarely use swallow soul. I like getting in close and personal and concealed takes precedence.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone here tried 80 points into heavy attack cp section? How much can you get a heavy attack from stealth up to?

What about the 4 piece penetration bonus from that fairly new set, don't remember the name but the 5 piece had that meh flame line.

I run 12k pen but don't really gank, do you guys think 15k is needed for ganking?
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Has anyone here tried 80 points into heavy attack cp section? How much can you get a heavy attack from stealth up to?

What about the 4 piece penetration bonus from that fairly new set, don't remember the name but the 5 piece had that meh flame line.

I run 12k pen but don't really gank, do you guys think 15k is needed for ganking?

Highest I've seen is 32k against player on my mDK. I don't think it's possible anymore after nerf to heavy attack damage.