The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mag NB Ganking Set Ups

Moglijuana
Moglijuana
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been getting bored of my MDK and have ventured into the land of ganking in PvP. My stam NB has been completed with a few different gank setups and now it is time to set up the MNB.

So, here is the build I've been using recently:

Willpower, Elegant, 1pc Kena, 1pc Grothdar, Master Destro

It works pretty well but I am limited to targeting people with around 18-23k health. Is there any other set up that would net a bit more upfront damage? Should I be looking into spinners instead of willpower/master/grothdar?
Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spinners is good. If you can put yourself in combat before attacking (Mark, Shadow Image) then Clever Alchemist will still give good burst. Stygian, even after the changes, can still be good if you play it right.

Soul Assault is crazy nasty for single target. I have a buddy who does a lot of 1vX with either that or meteor, and lots of CCs.

Old school Soul Tether/Sap Essence/Proxy Det/Vicious Death bombs seem to be making a comeback.

DW swords on your class skill bar. Back bar either flame staff or resto, depending on your style.

Vampire stage 4 with Dark Stalker so you can alternate between resources while you move.

I've thought about testing Nerien'eth since the recent change to shorten proc time, but haven't gotten around to it. Could work well with a Soul Tether bomb.

8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spinners is good. If you can put yourself in combat before attacking (Mark, Shadow Image) then Clever Alchemist will still give good burst. Stygian, even after the changes, can still be good if you play it right.

Soul Assault is crazy nasty for single target. I have a buddy who does a lot of 1vX with either that or meteor, and lots of CCs.

Old school Soul Tether/Sap Essence/Proxy Det/Vicious Death bombs seem to be making a comeback.

DW swords on your class skill bar. Back bar either flame staff or resto, depending on your style.

Vampire stage 4 with Dark Stalker so you can alternate between resources while you move.

I've thought about testing Nerien'eth since the recent change to shorten proc time, but haven't gotten around to it. Could work well with a Soul Tether bomb.

Cool I guess I have to try out Spinners then. I'm trying to stay away from the clever/bombing route just want something for single target damage that hits hard right out of the gates. I enjoy killing people one by one before they have a chance to know what happened lol.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just accept that you'll never have the burst of a Stamblade, and enjoy your mobility, and you'll have fun.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just accept that you'll never have the burst of a Stamblade, and enjoy your mobility, and you'll have fun.

Exactly why I made one of each ;). Mobility on MNB is just too fun lol. Especially coming from MDK.
  • ironshoe7
    ironshoe7
    What is the ideal bar setup for ganking/bombing? I'm having a hard time figuring out what is necessary, too many abilities I'd like to have and I'm unsure which I need to have. I'm currently running more of a long range/support style but want to try the gankers life.

I'm guessing front bar looks like:
    Funnel health/Swallow soul
    Concealed Weapon
    Cloak
    Lotus Fan
    Mass Hysteria
    Soul Assault/Soul Tether

Back bar
    Siphoning attacks
    Proxy Det
    Refreshing Path
    Sap
    Harness
    Incapciating Strike

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used to run

Spinner (nerfed) Clever (nerfed) and Valkyn destro resto.

I now currently run
    Mechanical Acuity Lich Valkyn

All divines with shadow works well but not as good as the above

Main purpose was to heavy destro reach into soul assault. Really only works against medium armor classes.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, Gankers need 100% burst and no sustain, but everyone's different.

For soul tether bombing, swap Sap Essence and Mass Hysteria, so Sap is on your bomb bar and Hysteria is on your buff/getaway bar. Double bar Cloak so it's always handy. Replace Refreshing Path with Merciless Resolve. Replace Harness with Blur, longer duration. Replace Siphoning Attacks with Mark Target. Alternatively, use Shade instead of Blur as a getaway, when it's not broken.

Again, just ideas, everyone plays differently.
  • ironshoe7
    ironshoe7
    @GimpyPorcupine Thanks for the tips.
  • rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    I've been getting bored of my MDK and have ventured into the land of ganking in PvP. My stam NB has been completed with a few different gank setups and now it is time to set up the MNB.

It works pretty well but I am limited to targeting people with around 18-23k health. Is there any other set up that would net a bit more upfront damage? Should I be looking into spinners instead of willpower/master/grothdar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L4dzRy_468
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rteezy wrote: »

I like JackDaniel's build...but that is a more balanced approach to MNB. I'm going for as much dmg as possible within a second or two. Sustain is not what I am interested in.

Also, farming amberplasm is straight up one of the worst experiences I can think of in ESO.
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    Surprisingly decent info in here so far, so not too much too add.
    Your playstyle should help you set your skills and decide your sets.

I'm not much for ganking, but I would probably go with clever alchemist and spinners, you could probably find a way to fit some other stuff on there too. Dual wield on the front bar and pick a monster set with a burst, run master staff and one piece monster set like Domihaus. War Maiden would probably be decent for ganking too since you would be going straight for the kill, depends on what skills you are using.
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I like JackDaniel's build...but that is a more balanced approach to MNB. I'm going for as much dmg as possible within a second or two. Sustain is not what I am interested in.

Also, farming amberplasm is straight up one of the worst experiences I can think of in ESO.

Yeah amberplasm farming is trash, I'm just waiting for the jews to come on the golden then I can just go and farm the first boss on normal for the belt/gloves...
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Yeah amberplasm farming is trash, I'm just waiting for the jews to come on the golden then I can just go and farm the first boss on normal for the belt/gloves...

Dat typo
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's MUCH better art work. Oh he has improved!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So spinners/elegant/kena has worked as well as I thought it would. Got a few hate messages last night for following the enemy zergs around while they were sieging lol. Most unaware people died to a simple H.A. + Concealed Weapon.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kode wrote: »
    Surprisingly decent info in here so far, so not too much too add.
    Your playstyle should help you set your skills and decide your sets.

I'm not much for ganking, but I would probably go with clever alchemist and spinners, you could probably find a way to fit some other stuff on there too. Dual wield on the front bar and pick a monster set with a burst, run master staff and one piece monster set like Domihaus. War Maiden would probably be decent for ganking too since you would be going straight for the kill, depends on what skills you are using.

I actually think Jack's torugs build is right for ganking except elegant instead of Amberplasm. Spinners/alchemist just doesn't feel very strong this patch. But hit someone with an empowered heavy attack plus soul harvest - concealed weapon combo straight from stealth. Pretty stupid upfront damage.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly why I made one of each ;). Mobility on MNB is just too fun lol. Especially coming from MDK.

it goes a bit like this.... pop all the goodes and jump em... fail to burst them down because MAGBLADE, cloak and run away.
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭

it goes a bit like this.... pop all the goodes and jump em... fail to burst them down because MAGBLADE, cloak and run away.

Lol this is so depressing but only because its true. And you will be lucky if you can actually cloak and not get soul assaulted or some BS that brings you out of cloak and you sit there cc'ed while you die in less than 2 sec spamming healing ward. GG
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I was going to straight gank, I would use war maiden duel swords with will power & maybe 1 kena & 1 maelstrom destro/masters fire staff

But personally I like having resto back bar & doing more of a 1vx which requires more sustain & survivability than that.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreth wrote: »

Lol this is so depressing but only because its true. And you will be lucky if you can actually cloak and not get soul assaulted or some BS that brings you out of cloak and you sit there cc'ed while you die in less than 2 sec spamming healing ward. GG

LOL. Yea that happened a few times...what seems to work best though is basically doing your out of stealth combo into a dodge roll and back into cloak...which now makes sense why he uses amber...but farming that is keeping me from even caring lol.

I'll keep trying this elegant/spinner combo for a bit and see if I can work out some kinks. Currently debating shock enchant over possible WD enchant.
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭

LOL. Yea that happened a few times...what seems to work best though is basically doing your out of stealth combo into a dodge roll and back into cloak...which now makes sense why he uses amber...but farming that is keeping me from even caring lol.

I'll keep trying this elegant/spinner combo for a bit and see if I can work out some kinks. Currently debating shock enchant over possible WD enchant.

Magblade is just not set up for up front burst which makes ganking very difficult. After clever alch nerf I just stopped trying.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magblade is just not set up for up front burst which makes ganking very difficult. After clever alch nerf I just stopped trying.

I hope to prove that wrong =P. I have some time to play later today so I'll see what kind of trouble I can get into.
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭

I hope to prove that wrong =P. I have some time to play later today so I'll see what kind of trouble I can get into.

I hope so too. Not saying its not possible, just that they have a much harder time than other classes at the same job. I would LOVE to play my mNB at the same pace as my stamblade but its an uphill battle to be sure. Everything happens slower and I am not a patient person. Record and let us see the footage if you pull it off. It will be satisfying to watch.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if you can port to your shade you can sometimes escape... but yeah, cloak has been pretty much bork'd since launch.
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭

if you can port to your shade you can sometimes escape... but yeah, cloak has been pretty much bork'd since launch.
    Yeah, the shade bug is really frustrating. It is such a good skill but can't be relied on anymore. It fails more than it works, it is painful to pop it and... nothing, especially because it is most often used defensively, which means you need it to work!

I have had good luck with magblade. I don't have the same burst as my stamblade for sure, but I enjoy playing it. Honestly, a couple years ago I loved magblade but it was more for trolling, just didn't have enough kick to kill many people... so we are in better shape now than we once were.
    Either way, my tooltip damage is high enough on magblade, but I don't rip off kills as easily. I end up in more drawn out battles. I have some ideas on changes but I haven't gone down that path, maybe this weekend.

Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
  • Stratiss
    Stratiss
    Soul Shriven

I've been playing around with this build, and instead am using wizards instead of amber but might switch to either bloodthorn (poor man's amber) or elegant (for that heavy attack gank), either way I'm really liking this build and have been putting up solid damage with torug's.
  • rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭

Question for you guys..so Torugs with infused weps seems to give magblades ganking potential..now, i dont have amberplasm and i hate that place...i have war maiden,riposte, elegante and spinners...im thinking between maiden or elegante to be more agressive, what do you guys think will perform better?

• Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/be5vyI4LwRw

First night out. Definitely a bit rusty but it's been a good learning experience. I'm in 7/7 impen atm because it's what I had in my bank...so I'll probably switch to divines once I'm not poor in game lol. I guess I'll just keep making more of these to see how I progress.

For now here's what I've learned:

1) Choose your target carefully (25k max HP seems to be my sweet spot...for now)
    2) Fail the gank? GTFO
    3) Lag WILL screw you
    4) Shade is so useless it's not even funny
    5) Have fun!
    Edited by Moglijuana on December 13, 2017 12:54PM
  • rteezy
    rteezy
    ✭✭✭

First night out. Definitely a bit rusty but it's been a good learning experience. I'm in 7/7 impen atm because it's what I had in my bank...so I'll probably switch to divines once I'm not poor in game lol. I guess I'll just keep making more of these to see how I progress.

1) Choose your target carefully (25k max HP seems to be my sweet spot...for now)
    2) Fail the gank? GTFO
    3) Lag WILL screw you
    5) Have fun!

nice vid!

ar eyou using Torugs with eleg/spinners?

what is ur burst combo?looked a bit diferente form jackdaniels one..u buff with light/cloak..then HA and swallow soul?

• Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2) Fail the gank? GTFO
    3) Lag WILL screw you
    5) Have fun!

nice vid!

ar eyou using Torugs with eleg/spinners?

what is ur burst combo?looked a bit diferente form jackdaniels one..u buff with light/cloak..then HA and swallow soul?

Elegant/Spinners/1 Kena

The combo is Magelight->Cloak->H.A.->Concealed (if in melee range), Destructive Reach (if out of melee), then a follow up with either an Ulti/Light Attack/Concealed/Reach. I'm probably going to find a way to get lotus fan in there so I can use concealed most of the time as it hits the hardest.