The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

VMA

NiteAdder
NiteAdder
✭✭✭
Ran VMA all week no bow but 30 weapons that I am not looking for . :(
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would trade you my 6 bows some in sharpen precise ect for just one lighting staff ......

sigh.jpg
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good lord, happens. Just go back into vMA till you will get your weapon, or stop grinding if you are done. We everyone suffered this. Now you have the transmutation crystals, vMA rng topics shouldn't exist longer.
    Founder of Call of the Undaunted
    Youtube Channel
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try running it for a wep you dont need but say that you really really need it and you will start getting the item you want dont want
  • hondelink
    hondelink
    ✭✭✭
    Have been running since anniversary event, from about 50 chances have 0 destruction staves. Have had 4 bows, would gladly trade if I could
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good lord, happens. Just go back into vMA till you will get your weapon, or stop grinding if you are done. We everyone suffered this. Now you have the transmutation crystals, vMA rng topics shouldn't exist longer.

Lmao, what? The grind is still there and it can still take absurdly long. Just because transmutation reduced the pressure for people that have to have the absolute best stats doesn’t mean it isn’t still bad.
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lmao, what? The grind is still there and it can still take absurdly long. Just because transmutation reduced the pressure for people that have to have the absolute best stats doesn’t mean it isn’t still bad.

Oh, chance of getting right weapon has been increased from 1,19% to 8,3%. Except that, Orsinium event offered you double loot, what means you could get your weapon in around* 7 runs, what could be done in 1-2 days. It is not even a grind anymore. Imagine that in the past, people were completing vMA HUNDREDS of times, before they were able to put hands on wanted thing.

*You will, or not. As RNG works - you can get it in first run, or in 1000th. But chances are octupled.
    Edited by getemshauna on December 11, 2017 7:05PM
    Youtube Channel
  • dainswulf
    dainswulf
    ✭✭
    Is VMA the new, "In my day we had to walk to school, in the snow, up a hill, in a blizzard"
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dainswulf wrote: »
    Is VMA the new, "In my day we had to walk to school, in the snow, up a hill, in a blizzard"

Even if, is that something bad?
    Youtube Channel
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 5 Bows, 3 of which are sharpened and 1 is precise.

Yet, no sharpened inferno staff.

Just the way the cookie crumbles.

RNG is king.

PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh, chance of getting right weapon has been increased from 1,19% to 8,3%. Except that, Orsinium event offered you double loot, what means you could get your weapon in around 7 runs, what could be done in 1-2 days. It is not even a grind anymore. Imagine that in the past, people were completing vMA HUNDREDS of times, before they were able to put hands on wanted thing.

That's not how RNG works. Especially in this game.
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm one of the people that ran it 100+ times...

I didn't get a lightning staff until somewhere around my 60th run. (before my 70th run i had 2 more from drops and another from weekly reward)

I wish i had the transmute option before i ruined the game for myself grinding vma. Now the only issue with vma is that most of the weapons are worthless. You back bar a destro staff or a bow to add to your dps.... thats it.

thanks for the changes ZOS. Glad you could allow us to literally waste hundreds of hours.
    CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Oh, chance of getting right weapon has been increased from 1,19% to 8,3%. Except that, Orsinium event offered you double loot, what means you could get your weapon in around 7 runs, what could be done in 1-2 days. It is not even a grind anymore. Imagine that in the past, people were completing vMA HUNDREDS of times, before they were able to put hands on wanted thing.

Agree. That's how statistic works, and by that we can assess the probability.
    Youtube Channel
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 4 mains with different classes and roles so i usually always find something that is somewhat useful for one of my characters.
    shades.gif
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No luck December
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back in my day we walked 2 miles to school up hill both ways....But yea....vMA rng is nothing compared to what it used to be. Snb and resto and bows had a higher chance to drop. Then they fixed that so everything had an equal chance to drop and each staff had an equal chance to drop instead of destruction staff divided by another 3 chances. Now if you can get one you can change the trait. Imagine having chances divided again by 8 or whatever for the staff you want. I considered myself lucky after getting my SHARPENED inferno staff after 90 runs in a row. 30 of those runs were also during an event. I'm also happy I hung onto all my bad trait weapons.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Except that real-world statistics don't apply in this situation because we don't have all the data. We don't know exactly how all the drops are weighted. They might not even all be the same.

Took me 29 runs during double drops to get a single lighting staff. So you can take your imperfect science known as "statistics" and shove it because it doesn't mean much especially in a situation like this.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except that real-world statistics don't apply in this situation because we don't have all the data. We don't know exactly how all the drops are weighted. They might not even all be the same.

Took me 29 runs during double drops to get a single lighting staff. So you can take your imperfect science known as "statistics" and shove it because it doesn't mean much especially in a situation like this.

Right. Statistics applies to huge sample sets and a single person is not. The person who said you will have your weapon in 14 runs doesn't understand probability, and even probability is only slightly helpful when dealing with one person. After all, you might be the "lucky" jackpot that doesn't get a bow in 1000 runs.
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Somewhere in the forum you can find a huge collection of vMA loots based on around ~10000 runs. Inside you can see, that weapons and traits drop rates are very close to itselves, with a little predominance of Sharpened. And statistic doesn't work for single person, remember. Going back to the point of the thread - transmutation crystals imho solved problem of vMA grind, it's still grind, but not endless. You still need to put an effort to get wanted weapon, but it doesn't touch an insanity longer.
    Edited by getemshauna on December 11, 2017 7:03PM
    Youtube Channel
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Somewhere in the forum you can find a huge collection of vMA loots based on around ~10000 runs. Inside you can see, that weapons and traits drop rates are very close to itselves, with a little predominance of Sharpened. And statistic doesn't work for single person, remember. Going back to the point of the thread - transmutation crystals imho solved problem of vMA grind, it's still grind, but not endless. You still need to put an effort to get wanted weapon, but it doesn't touch an insanity longer.

All that data means nothing if you're the one outlier who runs it 100 times and doesn't get the lightning staff.

Every time you beat Vmaelstrom arena you should get a ticket.

If you have 50 tickets you can redeem them for a maelstrom weapon of your choice.

That will make it not touching on insanity because no matter what the statistics say, a player could run it forever and not get their desired weapons.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on December 11, 2017 7:56PM
  • Ertthewolf
    Ertthewolf
    ✭✭✭
    Really glad my werewolf build doesn't benefit from Maelstrom weapons.....Seems like the rng is terrible when I read these threads. I only ran it four or five times total just to get a flawless run then said never again.....

Best of luck vMA weapon runners!
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All that data means nothing if you're the one outlier who runs it 100 times and doesn't get the lightning staff.

If you have 50 tickets you can redeem them for a maelstrom weapon of your choice.

That will make it not touching on insanity because no matter what the statistics say, a player could run it forever and not get their desired weapons.

As I told before - Statistic doesn't work for single person, but works for whole community what is ZOS aiming for.

We everyone know that token system is BEST choice in every aspect of the game, but stop beating a dead horse. ZOS won't implement this, for one of the reasons: no time, because working on DLCs, no idea how to implement that, they doesn't want because in their opinion a little bit of RNG is needed in MMOs. I don't know official state of ZOS about this, but for some reason they don't want that in the game. I don't defend them, just showing the facts. My point is, transmutation system cut grind time by 7-9 times, what is completly enough, and one single system solves most of the RNG problems, like undauted shoulders, or certain weapons from dungeons (resto lich, infused BSW inferno).

We everyone know ZOS doesn't like to hurry with the promises, they were talking about token before releasing the Morrowind, and ATLEAST we got this transmutation thingy. It's good enough for me, I can't expect more from ZOS.
    Edited by getemshauna on December 11, 2017 8:04PM
    Youtube Channel
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

As I told before - Statistic doesn't work for single person, but works for whole community what is ZOS aiming for.

We everyone know that token system is BEST choice in every aspect of the game, but stop beating a dead horse. ZOS won't implement this, for one of the reasons: no time, because working on DLCs, no idea how to implement that, they doesn't want because in their opinion a little bit of RNG is needed in MMOs. I don't know official state of ZOS about this, but for some reason they don't want that in the game. I don't defend them, just showing the facts. My point is, transmutation system cut grind time by 7-9 times, what is completly enough, and one single system solves most of the RNG problems, like undauted shoulders, or certain weapons from dungeons (resto lich, infused BSW inferno).

We everyone know ZOS doesn't like to hurry with the promises, they were talking about token before releasing the Morrowind, and ATLEAST we got this transmutation thingy. It's good enough for me, I can't expect more from ZOS.

Can we please stop using "ZoS Doesn't have time" as an excuse as to why there are so many unfixed bugs or lack of QoL enhancments? They don't have enough time because they refuse to re-invest their enormous profits from the crown store/crates back into the game (expanding the studio hiring more employees to fix current content and enhance UI among other countless things)

Maybe you are ok with going through life and expecting the bare minimum from companies who you give your money to but I am not. We need to keep asking for these things as its the only course of action we have.
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we please stop using "ZoS Doesn't have time" as an excuse as to why there are so many unfixed bugs or lack of QoL enhancments? They don't have enough time because they refuse to re-invest their enormous profits from the crown store/crates back into the game (expanding the studio hiring more employees to fix current content and enhance UI among other countless things)

Maybe you are ok with going through life and expecting the bare minimum from companies who you give your money to but I am not. We need to keep asking for these things as its the only course of action we have.

I never told I'm OK with that. I am not and I'll never be. But in my experience you can't expect a lot from ZOS, so I'm just trying to appreciate transmutation system what their added.
    I don't excuse them aswell. Maybe they "doesn't have time". Maybe they doesn't have enough devs, or whatever. I am aware that big company like ZOS should be responsible for minor and major fixes, players requests, but what can I say? I'm here for long enough to understand that shittin' on them doesn't help at anything.
    Youtube Channel
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I never told I'm OK with that. I am not and I'll never be. But in my experience you can't expect a lot from ZOS, so I'm just trying to appreciate transmutation system what their added.
    I don't excuse them aswell. Maybe they "doesn't have time". Maybe they doesn't have enough devs, or whatever. I am aware that big company like ZOS should be responsible for minor and major fixes, players requests, but what can I say? I'm here for long enough to understand that shittin' on them doesn't help at anything.

The transmute system was long overdue and while nice it does not solve the vMA weapon issue.

This is coming from someone who already has all their vMA weapons as well.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The transmute system was long overdue and while nice it does not solve the vMA weapon issue.

Eh I see no problem with vMA after transmutation. Everyone should run it a lot, it makes them better players.
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop complaining- we had to do it with 130 less cp and when we weren't even guaranteed a weapon drop, let alone one in any good trait. i did over 500 runs before got a sharp inferno, sharp great sword and sharp bow.
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MakoFore wrote: »
    stop complaining- we had to do it with 130 less cp and when we weren't even guaranteed a weapon drop, let alone one in any good trait. i did over 500 runs before got a sharp inferno, sharp great sword and sharp bow.

Basically - that's what I'm talking about :-) Farmrate is cut multiple times, vMA threads shouldn't exist longer, as I said.
    Youtube Channel
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭

“Stop complaining about having to eat trash; I had to eat mud and rocks when I was growing up.”
  • getemshauna
    getemshauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭

“Stop complaining about having to eat trash; I had to eat mud and rocks when I was growing up.”

Really? That comparison doesn't fit completly. Stop overreacting, please.
    Youtube Channel
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »

Eh I see no problem with vMA after transmutation. Everyone should run it a lot, it makes them better players.

I agree. And I think after running it 50 times thay should be enough times to where it made you a better player and you get a weapon of your choice. I'm not saying you should get it after 1 run. Or even 10 or 20. But if at 50 you STILL don't have the one your looking for there should be an alternative.