The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown crates aren't really gambling

• Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loot crates have odds and payouts. It's gambling

BTW the odds are less than 1 percent for anything decent.

These crates have to go. Sorry but it's insanely rude to treat customers like this. Make them spend hundreds or thousands for a chance to get something they want

I'm about to leave because of it all the cool stuff hidden behind this predatory practice

To put so munch JUNK in these crates making your money worthlesd..no value at all.

I ca t even play right now I'm so upset
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    billp_ESO wrote: »
    Crown crates aren't really gambling, they are like flipping a blank coin with no heads or tails, and then just accepting whatever ESO says the results are.

Real gambling involves odds and payouts, and you take a chance on the odds to get the payout. Real gambling, like slot machines, have to publish their odds and verify that the odds are actually correct.

ESO crown crates are like playing craps with blank dice, you roll something unknown, and ESO just tells you what they will do. It's not really gambling at all.
    I have been a rabid advocate of getting rid of them and their poison. And after I got 30 crates and got absolute squat, it has reaffirmed my hatred toward companies that do this kind of crap, and people who support this kind of crap.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Had you got the best stuff in every crate, you wouldnt be here complaining.
    Only whining because you didnt get what you wanted.

If everybody that whines had gotten what they wanted in the crates, they would praise the crates.
    Well some of them would, some would whine regardless
    Edited by Pops_ND_Irish on December 12, 2017 8:15PM
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sour grapes isn't half of it..who wants to spend 40 bucks and get NOTHING but tattoos and potions?

Keep defending the sickening practice it's your opinion but know that gaming as a whole suffers from this crap. And it's CLEAR by the extremely low chances..that there is no care for their customers or their game
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Crown crates aren't really gambling." I have a feeling someone addicted to crown crates would probably say something like this. No one likes to admit they have a problem. :p
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    monktoasty wrote: »
    Loot crates have odds and payouts. It's gambling

BTW the odds are less than 1 percent for anything decent.

These crates have to go. Sorry but it's insanely rude to treat customers like this. Make them spend hundreds or thousands for a chance to get something they want

I'm about to leave because of it all the cool stuff hidden behind this predatory practice

To put so munch JUNK in these crates making your money worthlesd..no value at all.

I ca t even play right now I'm so upset

They don't say what the odds are, which is one of the many problems with Crown Crates. Some of the odds are pretty low and for anyone looking to get a specific item, I would really investigate the drop rates before accepting the mission.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    @phairdon
    Some say it should should still be made into a law because its borderline not gambling. Chances are it may become a stricter ruling. ESRB has a role in this too as age rating may be changed for games including loot boxes.

From your source.
    "It seems that in general, they can't be regulated by current gambling laws, but there's a feeling among some that there needs to be greater regulation in place to protect children and vulnerable adults."
    Higher ESRB rating is a killer for Video Games by which I mean the adult only rating.
    Edited by Whatzituyah on December 14, 2017 2:16AM
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game seems fine to me. No suffering here