The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

What’s The Best “Crafter” Class?

Valykc
Valykc
✭✭✭✭✭
Title. Looking for a class that will be fast at harvesting nodes, probably pairing with Orc. I was thinking Sorc but the expedition buffs only last a few seconds so I’ll probably run Jailbreaker and rapids for Major and Minor Expedition. Any classes that will help this out or is anything viable?
Edited by Valykc on December 8, 2017 11:44AM

Best Answers

• Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam Sorc, you get 20 seconds of Minor Expedition from hurricane, stam pool boosts, and you are able to run Fiords plus another run fast set.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
    Answer ✓
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think all the speed buffs are set to a specific time as they're minor or major buffs.

Maybe Nightblade because you could use the speed buff, concealed weapon, cloak trick.

Concealed weapon
    While slotted, your Movement Speed while stealthed or invisible is increased by 22%.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Stam Sorc, you get 20 seconds of Minor Expedition from hurricane, stam pool boosts, and you are able to run Fiords plus another run fast set.

Oh I thought that buff was for 4 seconds only like boundless, just checked though and your right!
    Edited by Valykc on December 8, 2017 12:04PM
    Answer ✓
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I think all the speed buffs are set to a specific time as they're minor or major buffs.

Maybe Nightblade because you could use the speed buff, concealed weapon, cloak trick.

Concealed weapon
    While slotted, your Movement Speed while stealthed or invisible is increased by 22%.

This is a great idea!
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    +Orc + Steed.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +Orc + Steed.

Aye thanks! Forgot all about that!
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

This is true but an alternative choice is Bird of Prey for the Warden Class, and the nice thing about Warden is that you don't aggro things as easily with the Hurricane. There's nothing wrong with that but you can avoid some fighting situations by not having a big bubble of death around you. :)
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc + Steed + Cowards+Fiords+sorc hurricane would be a pretty hillarious and fast troll build I might just do for PvP let alone farming.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd say that for farming, its either Mag Sorc or Stamblade.

Mag Sorc for Streak + Dark Conversion to be able to go real fast without actually running at all.

Stamblade for the movement speed (not as good as Stam Sorc) but you'll be able to just run past annoying groups of mobs with way less hassle.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade is the best, but every class is just fine. Orcsorc is overkill because of 200% hard cap in sprint speed. NB needs least skillpoints to be effective. It's easiest to level up as siphoning magblade and then respec to stamblade crafter. My harvesters are orc stamblades. Woodelves would be also great because of their raw stam regen.

On some specific situations magblade with cloak+rapid+concealed weapon is best invisible farmer. Building stamblades a bit to hybrids they manage short cloakings too, which usually is enough.

For gear i use 5Fiord+5darkstride with swappable 3Cyrodiil Ward for horse speed. Some have 2Air for extra stam regen. Magblade can wear their usual stuff plus swappable 3Cyrodiil wards.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    Nightblade is the best, but every class is just fine. Orcsorc is overkill because of 200% hard cap in sprint speed. NB needs least skillpoints to be effective. It's easiest to level up as siphoning magblade and then respec to stamblade crafter. My harvesters are orc stamblades. Woodelves would be also great because of their raw stam regen.

On some specific situations magblade with cloak+rapid+concealed weapon is best invisible farmer. Building stamblades a bit to hybrids they manage short cloakings too, which usually is enough.

For gear i use 5Fiord+5darkstride with swappable 3Cyrodiil Ward for horse speed. Some have 2Air for extra stam regen. Magblade can wear their usual stuff plus swappable 3Cyrodiil wards.

Where did you get that information about a 200% hard cap in sprint speed?
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to weigh in. My crafter is a Sorc and I can tell you streaking around from node to node is very nice.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire when you have all passives maxed is also helpful.. you can basically "run" while in stealth mode and sneaking...so, no stam loss (if you're redguard/nightblade} if you don't want to waste time on fighting.
    Also, Rapid Maneuver from Alliance War skill line lets you move so fast.. maybe too fast at times because you may miss a node if not marked. ;P
    Edited by duendology on December 8, 2017 10:12PM
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sobelding wrote: »
    helediron wrote: »

Where did you get that information about a 200% hard cap in sprint speed?
    From one of the Morrowind patch notes and by testing it between live and PTS. On live my farmer reached 230% speed and on PTS was limited to 200% - same character with same max speed build. To be exact, that 200% means that 100% is regular jogging speed plus 100% from max sprint. That speed cap was made because of battlegrounds. Of course ZOS screwed the implementation and capped speed everywhere.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Class doesn’t really matter much, just make sure you’re a stam build in 5 medium, running fjords and darkstride, using a bow and rapids and have the steed stone
    Edited by Draxys on December 8, 2017 10:43PM

rip decibel