The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All of a sudden I'm told my laptop will not meet requirements??

clydewjjrub17_ESO
clydewjjrub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
I have been playing ESO on laptops since 1/2014. My laptop meets or exceeds published requirements. However I received the following form tech support, "As previously stated, mobile graphics cards do not meet ESO's system requirements. Sadly, we have exhausted all troubleshooting that we can provide on this issue. I truly wish there was more we could do." My System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release.170928-1534), i7-5700HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz, Memory: 16384MB RAM, Drive: C: Free Space: 101.4 GB - Free Space: 521.1 GB with ESO installed, GTX 980M DirectX Version: DirectX 12 Dedicated Memory: 4061 MB,
DxDiag Notes
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Internet via Spectrum - Extreme Internet Ultimate 200 Internet.
What disqualifies my GPU?
Edited by clydewjjrub17_ESO on December 8, 2017 12:10AM
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that they found a convenient excuse to not bother with your issue any longer. That's ESO Customer Support for you. You might have better luck just asking people on forums.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release.170928-1534)

Found your problem. I'm using a desktop running Windows 7 with dual GTX660 (SLI) and have no issues. Your laptop should blow away my PC.

qCPRY5g.jpg

I've since upgraded to 16GB PC2700 RAM. Was still pretty stable on 8GB. but everything else is the same.
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, easier for them to say sorry you're out of luck rather than to put some effort into helping you.

ESO: Morrowind requirements:
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26031

On the other hand, I don't see why your laptop should not be supported. Looks good to me. What sort of issue you are having?
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This reminds me people who still think that gaming laptops is a myth. They're saying that even the most expensive gaming laptop can't run games as smooth as the cheapest PC.
    These tech support words sounds like "Hey, don't you know that there's no such thing like gaming laptop? Laptops aren't designed for gaming. They even can burn if you'll play on them!"

980m is pretty fast and mighty GPU. It can hold ESO with no issues. I'm currently playing on laptop with 1050Ti which is a bit slower than your 980m, and my game runs fine, 60 fps in the wilds and dungeons, 35-45 fps in overcrowded city centers.

Share us what is your issue and we'll try to help. Forums are always more helpful than tech support.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play on a laptop with Nvidia GTX 660m and the game runs fine. Like others have said, post your issue and maybe someone can help.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing really.
    They just don't know what's the issue
  • madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    madeeh91rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah.
    They are doing that these days.
    Anyway, what sort of issue are you facing?
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    The fact that they found a convenient excuse to not bother with your issue any longer. That's ESO Customer Support for you. You might have better luck just asking people on forums.

its not just them. i was looking up vr specs and nvidia state 1070 graphics card on their website as required. yet their own software on my pc says my 970gtx is perfectly fine. and yes, its upto date (stupid crap updated and now my dual screen setup running poorly)
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run a Intel Integrated 4400 card. Doesn't meet requirements of ESO but I got no warning or anything (Just checked).
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It cant see why it wouldn't work. Update everything. Bios, windows updates, drivers, particularly the nvidia one [388.59].
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should work same (laptop bro here too with almost same config)
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • iqoologiceb17_ESO
    iqoologiceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Check if you are trying to run 32bit version of the game and run 64bit instead :)
    Your laptop should be supported and the game should run flawlessly.

Al the best
    PC EU
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    your system should be more than capable of running eso.

I don't see the issue.
  • VizigothAlaric
    VizigothAlaric
    ✭✭✭
    I have been playing ESO on laptops since 1/2014. My laptop meets or exceeds published requirements. However I received the following form tech support, "As previously stated, mobile graphics cards do not meet ESO's system requirements. Sadly, we have exhausted all troubleshooting that we can provide on this issue. I truly wish there was more we could do." My System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release.170928-1534), i7-5700HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz, Memory: 16384MB RAM, Drive: C: Free Space: 101.4 GB - Free Space: 521.1 GB with ESO installed, GTX 980M DirectX Version: DirectX 12 Dedicated Memory: 4061 MB,
    DxDiag Notes
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.
    Internet via Spectrum - Extreme Internet Ultimate 200 Internet.

Because its *** ***.

This is probally a message from support that tells u mobile cards doesnt match blablaba ***.

I am playin this game since 2 years and never had issues with my gaming laptop unless they *** up something which they always do every single dlc. Your system beyond fine believe me u can play any game any time.

Recently one of my friends purchased really really good gaming laptop and she's still having almost same fps and problems with previous one and it's like 2-2.5k euros worth system.

It's just game how *** up optimised

And for that message I had some ping lag spikes issues after morrowind and it was all about server side etc I am %100 sure . I send a ticket about it and they *** told me my laptop and mobile card doesnt match with system req. So GPU and Ping hmm.. It means they don't give a *** or they don't have enough ppl in the company to support their players properly.

When I had issues every single time I solved my problems myself or solved it from other player's advices. So u can forget support but u can always purchase crown crates cuz its what makes great game oh wait even they now
    lack of creativity ;)

Edited by VizigothAlaric on December 8, 2017 1:02PM
    Vizi - PC EU
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us know what errors you are seeing, or what messages from the game you are receiving. Most technical issues I have ended up solving myself after tech support couldn't help.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play with these specs, gaming laptop and it runs all ok:
    ASUS ROG G751JY-T7179H
    Notebook - Intel Core i7 4720HQ Haswell, 17.3 "LED 1920x1080 EWV ,RAM 16GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980mm 4GB
    Edited by altemriel on December 8, 2017 1:41PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CiliPadi wrote: »
    Yep, easier for them to say sorry you're out of luck rather than to put some effort into helping you.

ESO: Morrowind requirements:
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26031

On the other hand, I don't see why your laptop should not be supported. Looks good to me. What sort of issue you are having?

Exactly. It does not mention anywhere that the GPU must be a desktop GPU.

The problem with the people who initially reply to tech support or even CS request with most companies is they are often the least knowledgeable. Ofc, the most knowledgeable ones you do not want tied up with very basic stuff.

I am tagging some people who may be able to get you the appropriate help. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, the requirement says:

"DirectX 11 compliant video card with 1 GB of RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® 460 / AMD Radeon™ 6850) or higher"

He doesn't have a video card, he has integrated graphics. There is a difference.

BUT

The support team is still just being lazy as hell. His rig should work just fine. It is probably a driver or update setting somewhere, and they just don't want to help him. Most of the time, techs like this aren't actually good with computers or troubleshooting. They are reading off of a worksheet.
    Edited by SolidusPrime on December 8, 2017 3:11PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

"DirectX 11 compliant video card with 1 GB of RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® 460 / AMD Radeon™ 6850) or higher"

He doesn't have a video card, he has integrated graphics. There is a difference.

BUT

The support team is still just being lazy as hell. His rig should work just fine. It is probably a driver or update setting somewhere, and they just don't want to help him. Most of the time, techs like this aren't actually good with computers or troubleshooting. They are reading off of a worksheet.

Yeah exactly. The support people have a binder full of steps that they are to follow like a choose your own adventure book. Customer having this problem offer these generic troubleshooting options, those don't work move on to these, those don't work, suggest customer make post on forums.

It's very clear that people that I have interacted with over at support have a very minimal understanding about how the game or how gaming systems actually work. I've memorized every troubleshooting tip that they have in that binder as well so i rarely if ever submit a ticket for help because I know they are going to tell me to try and clear my locally saved data and open my ports etc. even though I've opened the ports aged ago.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BUT

@SolidusPrime Read OP again. It's hard to find due to how the info is layed out but he has a GTX 980M with 4gb memory. Very much a graphics card.

I seriously doubt ESO would have ever played on integrated graphics.

To @clydewjjrub17_ESO you likely has an nvidia program where you can change settings. Cannot recall the name offhand, not at my PC. You make make sure ESO is forced to use your graphics card and doesn't have an option to use the fake graphics built into the MB.

I used to play on a gaming notebook and Zos tried to blame my PC stating that it went using my graphics card. They said it was a known issue. Was during the first couple months of the game when it was a known issue ESO was the worst gold edition launch ever.

Once I proved to them they were incorrect they actually starting working and got it figured out. First line of tech support is not very learned nor experienced.
    Edited by idk on December 8, 2017 3:36PM
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    del oh ya its not
    Edited by SolidusPrime on December 8, 2017 3:47PM
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What?

NVidia and AMD cards in laptops are video cards actually. Discrete graphics cards. Yes, you can't pull it out as you can do with your desktop video card, but it's just because laptop video cards are soldered on the motherboard and desktop video cards are just slotted into.
    The only integrated graphics in laptops are Intel HD graphics. Ah, and I forgot about AMD integrated ones, they are used with AMD CPUs. Actually, integrated ones are integrated in SoC, it's both CPU and GPU made as one chip. Discrete graphics are different. All NVidia graphics are discrete, it's a stand-alone chip with their own memory.
    PS: I wonder if that tech support guy was thinking the same way you are. That would explain everything. :)
    Edited by Ermiq on December 8, 2017 4:14PM
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest everyone is wasting their time here unless and until the OP tells us what his problem is, assuming there is one.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that it's just a bad customer support representative. Your specs are definitely supported.
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    "mobile graphics cards do not meet ESO's system requirements"

This is not true at all.
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Many of your newer laptops have both integrated graphics and a higher end graphics card like your Nvidia 980M. However what can happend sometimes is that when the game is launched it tries to use the Integrated video instead of the higher end card, usually failing or crashing as a result. On my Asus laptop, I had to go into the Nvidia control panel I believe and change the settings so the laptop would be forced to use the Nvidia card when ESO launched. You might make sure this is not your problem.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I suggest everyone is wasting their time here unless and until the OP tells us what his problem is, assuming there is one.

Sounds like their issue is that support was useless and wasn't able to help which was brought on by them not being able to run the game mysteriously one day after being able to run it successfully for years on the same machine.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nvm
    Edited by idk on December 8, 2017 5:03PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

yep I kept reading for a reply.....
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I play on a laptop with Nvidia GTX 660m and the game runs fine. Like others have said, post your issue and maybe someone can help.

Same here. Starting to have some issues with FPS in some spots, but otherwise it's still pretty flawless.