The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Firelogs, Flaming.

duendology
duendology
✭✭✭✭✭
On TTC I see only already crafted ones. And the price is INSANE!!!! Is this GREEN item THAT rare or there are no blueprint/praxis drops?
Wondering....
PC/NA
- Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
- Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
- Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
And..
- High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only way to get them is buy them with crowns or get them included with certain houses, and the ones bought with crowns cannot be sold. These logs cannot be crafted.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Stick it to zos...buy a non-flaming firelog, then get a light source with flames and stick them together to make it look like a flaming log.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People are finally selling the Dunmer Coals that come with Velothi Reverie (but none of the other Dunmer homes!!!) But I'm not paying 100k x4 so all my Dunmer homes can have the coals they *should* have come with. Especially annoying as the coals cannot be purchased in the Crown Store!!!!!
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on December 7, 2017 4:34PM
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see, I see. Thank you for the info. I was confused about this one item

And I agree about the prices. I guess it's a very simple economy....the rarer an item the more expensive it is..and it does not even matter how also ugly it may be (just my personal opinion). :P Not talking specifically about the firelogs now...they're just firelogs
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People are finally selling the Dunmer Coals that come with Velothi Reverie (but none of the other Dunmer homes!!!) But I'm not paying 100k x4 so all my Dunmer homes can have the coals they *should* have come with. Especially annoying as the coals cannot be purchased in the Crown Store!!!!!

Yeah...there are at least workarounds for the flaming firelogs, as davey1107 said, but there really isn't any substitute for the coals. I guess you could buy a bunch of the ore deposit achievement furnishings and pile them together and then find a suitable flame/fire source, but that would take up far too many slots.

But maybe there are other things out there that could work that I'm not aware of.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Yep. Stick it to zos...buy a non-flaming firelog, then get a light source with flames and stick them together to make it look like a flaming log.

The best part is you can pick your color. I like purple fire!
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wreuntzylla , @davey1107

Any tips how you do it, guys? what fire source?
    I must admit.. the choosing colour got me intrigued here. :)

PC/NA
    And..

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked through my recipes. Your best bet might be to search guild stores for lighting sources. You want items that have wood and fire that sits higher han everything else, somthat you can push the item into the floor and leave just the flames visible. (Without putting it through a ceiling, if upstairs, lol)

Contenders:

Nord torch, triple (cheap and easy)
    Redguard firepit, Stone
    A lot of the braziers. My friend just puts the whole high elf brazier in his fireplaces, but it can be buried. Orc too.

Also, I think the cheap house in the rift comes with the burning logs. I remember I got one with some house.
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, thank you!
    I have all those...I'll experiment.. I'll probably get some deadric or coldharbour light sources ... I am intrigued what a "cold" fire in fireplace would look like :)

I own this 'cheap" house in the Rift. :p I must say I am very fond of my small retreat. But I am going to get Mournoth Keep (orcish) and this one unfurnished does not come with flaming firelogs in fireplace.
    PC/NA
    And..

• anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Orcish brazier, smoldering and the triple nord torch are my two go to "fireplace" fires. The former I sometimes use as is, just sunk into the floor until just the lip of the stone shows. Both are pretty cheap and easily attainable. I'll even send you one if you want :)
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    duendology wrote: »

@Wreuntzylla , @davey1107

Any tips how you do it, guys? what fire source?
    I must admit.. the choosing colour got me intrigued here. :)

Housing is arguably ZoS' greatest achievement. It's a game within a game, and even though I am not much on PvE or housing in the abstract, the ways you can manipulate different items to make entirely new items has sucked more time out of me than PvP .

The two main ways to make new items are merging and orientation changing. As to flame color, my favorite combination has been the large orcish brazier with the Hectahame Arboretum Relic (achievement item - skull) buried just below the top surface of the coals. The mix produces a mean looking purple that fits my Sith theme for the Ebonheart Chateau very well.

I usually point to the old version of my Topal Hideaway crafting pavilion as an example of many ways to make new things. It has been morphed into something much grander, but if you look at the old pictures (link below) you will see various item manipulations. You need to click on the individual pictures to get the full detail.

1. The flagstone blocks are upside down statue bases;
    2. the picture floor is composed of paintings merged into Argonian tiles;
    3. the glowing effect in statues is made by embedding various crystals into the statues;
    4. the red skull statue is made by orienting a dwarven red crystal item so that only the crystal is above the plane of the platform and embedded in the skull;
    5. the polygons are upside down imperial something or other (I think fountains, it's been a while).

Another example, perhaps including more extensive manipulation than even I typically do, is the Dwemer tank someone posted after the Daedric throne mass giveaway.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/358461/housing-the-lords-of-blackreach-crafting-pavillion-the-time-sink-of-all-time-sinks
    Edited by Wreuntzylla on December 8, 2017 6:32PM
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great tips, @Wreuntzylla !

It's what I want to do in Mournoth Keep ...maybe create something of a Tim-Burtonesque atmosphere...and these tips are very helpful and inspiring :D

I often go and visit my guild members homes to see what ideas people have for their Tamriel dwellings. I like those silly ones too.. I saw a spiral of Deadric thrones high up to the sky in one of the homes. :P
    Edited by duendology on December 8, 2017 9:38PM
    PC/NA
    And..

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @duendology

I just found another potential item...but it requires an achievement and is a bit spendy. The new life festival achievement allows you to buy a bonfire from the holiday furnished in capital cities. It’s a big wood pyre, which is placed way in the floor will make regular fire logs look like a raging fire.

(If you don’t have this achievement, I’m sure the new life festival will return very shortly to earn it!)

@Wreuntzylla

I remember your initial treatment of Topal when it first dropped, it was awesome work! I also got Topal. I built a deck waaaaaay up the cliffs on the back side of the volcano (right below the roof). It was going to be a guild craft deck, but because it takes so long to climb up there I moved the crafting down to the mainland. The deck became the pirate deck, with a treasure trove...and the world famous skyshard bar, a tiki bar and sushi counter. (I am still working on how to make actual sushi rolls with in game items, lol).
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @duendology

I just found another potential item...but it requires an achievement and is a bit spendy. The new life festival achievement allows you to buy a bonfire from the holiday furnished in capital cities. It’s a big wood pyre, which is placed way in the floor will make regular fire logs look like a raging fire.

(If you don’t have this achievement, I’m sure the new life festival will return very shortly to earn it!)

@Wreuntzylla

I remember your initial treatment of Topal when it first dropped, it was awesome work! I also got Topal. I built a deck waaaaaay up the cliffs on the back side of the volcano (right below the roof). It was going to be a guild craft deck, but because it takes so long to climb up there I moved the crafting down to the mainland. The deck became the pirate deck, with a treasure trove...and the world famous skyshard bar, a tiki bar and sushi counter. (I am still working on how to make actual sushi rolls with in game items, lol).

Rofl @davey1107 - I started my first crafting area away from the housing entrance and received so much negative feedback that I essentially built the craft pavilion 5 meters from the door (boat). Everybody is very happy now!