The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wouldn't it be great for group stats after dungeon run?

KrishakPanettier
KrishakPanettier
✭✭✭
There may be an addon for this, but i am unaware AND I am on console. Just like with the dummy stats and to some degree, Battlegrounds, I would like to see group stats at end of trial or dungeon. List time spent, compare player heals, buffs, debuffs, damage per run and per second, damage blocked, sorted by high to low for each character.
Would be great to compare with others, and may help to improve.

I know many would use it to troll others. That isn't my intention. But we have some stats on battleground already. Bring it to trials and dungeons.

Maybe have toggle setting to share or hide.
Edited by KrishakPanettier on December 13, 2017 7:07PM
Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
-- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
Guild:
- Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
- Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
- Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
- Twitter: @ShadowExiles
- www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to know how well/poor I parse on certain fights, especially the more mechanic heavy ones.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish for something like Neverwinter where at the end of the dungeon it shows how everyone did ie most damage done, most damage taken, most healing done, most healing taken, most kills, how many deaths etc would really help people want to get better in there chosen role
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is an addon like this for PC, CombatMetrics, but even that only shows your own numbers and group's total numbers. I believe another addon, FTC, used to show everyone's numbers but people went up in an uproar - whaaaa, someone can see my private numbers, what is this?!

Thing is, we have some people pulling 50k dps and others pulling 5k in dps roles. ZOS feels the 5k people are fragile little beings who cannot handle the truth(and they're damn right according to the forums) and instead of being encouraged to improve their performance they should be kept in ignorant bliss in regards to it so that they keep buying crown crates and whatnot without stressing out and ragequitting. Therefore, ZOS says we cannot know other people's dps.

You can still gauge people's performance pretty well with Combat Metrics though, like if your group has group dps of 30k and you yourself are pulling 25k then it's not hard to guess that the other dps is...underperforming. Unfortunately consoles are getting the short end of the stick there and with ZOS' policy, the chances of something like that being implimented in the base game are in the negative numbers field :/
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I strongly suggest this, bring shame to the trash plz.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the privacy factor could be addressed by giving the report after the group disbands.

I'm sure the 5k DPS folks have an excuse anyways. If some people discover they are better off being a hero in normal instead of fodder in vet, they might come to accept that - privately, on their own.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean Combat Metrics exists and lets you get a self breakdown for individual fights, and also shows what percentage of the groups damage you dealt etc
    Though it can make you despair, when you get fights like this, when you are on a 'healer'
    unknown.png

But I would like an option to see a breakdown of stats at the end of a dungeon run
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the privacy factor could be addressed by giving the report after the group disbands.

I'm sure the 5k DPS folks have an excuse anyways. If some people discover they are better off being a hero in normal instead of fodder in vet, they might come to accept that - privately, on their own.

[Snip] privacy. 5k players deserve the shame.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 22, 2017 2:13PM
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    For consoles, on the target dummies we get total and self stats. It would be great to get these for dungeons too.

I would not want everyone's individual DPS automatically posted... I don't think the problem is the 5K person, more realistically will be the 43K person where the rest of the team is doing 46-50K. Having a built-in system like this really promotes elitism, its impossible to ignore... instinctively I'm going to look at the total DPS, my score, and the top and the bottom DPSs. I like to know if I'm pulling my weight and knowing I did X% of the total DPS would give me an indication.

Ultra-competitive guilds can still require a screenshot to get the same effect, but that's opt-in.
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    I suggested this, and would want this mainly to benefit the team players who group often together. Not to name shame random pick up groups. My DPS is horrible, think I finally got a character to 9,000 dps on a dummy with sheer luck. I think this enhancement would benefit the individual and the community, regardless.
    -- PS4 NA --

Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on PC, so checking my DPS on fights with FTC is very helpful to figuring out how I can do better. I think it would be a good thing if ZOS gave the console players a way to view their own DPS after fights. I'm not sure that ZOS would want to hand out other people's DPS information (plenty of opportunity for naming and shaming there).
  • AtraisMachina2
    Yes please
    XB1-NA AD
    Bosmer Stamina Templar-DD/Tank
    Altmer Magika Sorcerer-DD
    Khajit Stamina Templar-DD
    Redguard Stamina Templar-DD
    Breton Templar-Healer
    Altmer Magika Nightblade-DD
    700+ CP
    Affiliations:
    The Late Shift-GM
    Cooldown
    Abstraqt

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    There is an addon like this for PC, CombatMetrics, but even that only shows your own numbers and group's total numbers. I believe another addon, FTC, used to show everyone's numbers but people went up in an uproar - whaaaa, someone can see my private numbers, what is this?!
    Thing is, we have some people pulling 50k dps and others pulling 5k in dps roles. ZOS feels the 5k people are fragile little beings who cannot handle the truth(and they're damn right according to the forums) and instead of being encouraged to improve their performance they should be kept in ignorant bliss in regards to it so that they keep buying crown crates and whatnot without stressing out and ragequitting. Therefore, ZOS says we cannot know other people's dps.
    You can still gauge people's performance pretty well with Combat Metrics though, like if your group has group dps of 30k and you yourself are pulling 25k then it's not hard to guess that the other dps is...underperforming. Unfortunately consoles are getting the short end of the stick there and with ZOS' policy, the chances of something like that being implimented in the base game are in the negative numbers field :/

Everything that is wrong with the idea that end of dungeon stats would somehow benefit the game, all compiled into one single post.
    rolleyes.gif

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

Everything that is wrong with the idea that end of dungeon stats would somehow benefit the game, all compiled into one single post.
    rolleyes.gif

What's wrong with the idea? All I read were valid points.

It gives the 5k DPS guys that are getting kicked from dungeons and are all over these forums, a good reason why they got kicked - Or, potentially stop them being kicked and actually help them progress; like anyone who already analyses their Metrics would and does. (These are the Master Wizard type players that are likely to have cats and what not following them around the house they've spent 2 months building so I expect the crown's point is also fairly valid)

It gives the better players a challenge against one another and a tool to spot errors and improve, which I expect PC players with access to metrics, already do.

There's no reason not to add this, and whilst I appreciate some people might be embarrassed - That's healthy for a game like this - "and instead of being encouraged to improve their performance they should be kept in ignorant bliss in regards to it" couldn't be more real.

It wouldn't hurt ZOS to have access to this data either. In fact it'd probably help with their inability to balance quite significantly.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

[Snip] privacy. 5k players deserve the shame.

Your life must be so exciting!

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 22, 2017 2:13PM
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    I mean Combat Metrics exists and lets you get a self breakdown for individual fights, and also shows what percentage of the groups damage you dealt etc
    Though it can make you despair, when you get fights like this, when you are on a 'healer'
    unknown.png

But I would like an option to see a breakdown of stats at the end of a dungeon run

So on your healer sorc you run frags, force pulse, liquid lightning, mages wrath and power surge? Interesting heal build.
    Edited by Haquor on December 22, 2017 11:08AM
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is an elitist idea that will just cause more pain and grief to other players regardless of how good or bad they go.
    terrible idea unless they only show you your stats and not the groups.
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One reason there are so many 5k dd's is because they really have no idea how horrible they are. Something like this might help with that.

I ask sometimes what someone's dps is, and they answer something like "2k", thinking their weapon damage equals dps. That's actually happened more than once. I blame Zos though, that's just how bad this game is at teaching things.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    unknown.png

That group dps tho........
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS will not give you access to the individual's stats in your group. No matter how much the playerbase promises, pinky swears, cross-my-heart-hope-to-die "we won't use it to name and shame and abuse our group members with low DPS," ZOS knows exactly what would happen if they did give everyone access to the group's stats.

Now, I do think it should be well within ZOS' capabilities and a very beneficial thing for the playerbase as a whole for consoles to get a DPS tracker or individual stats at the end of the dungeons. I'm on PC, and I've found FTC to be very helpful for refining my own DPS as a thoroughly average player. It would be nice for console players to have access to similar data on their own efforts.

But nobody needs access to anyone else's stats. That's just rife for abuse. I know it. We all know it and so does ZOS.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I strongly suggest this, bring shame to the trash plz.

that is exactly the reason why that feature no longer excists^^
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

rolleyes.gif
    ... All I read were valid points ...
    - Condescending much? x Check
    - Over-inflated ego and baseless notion of self-worth? x Check
    - Grossly exaggerated DPS numbers, because epeen? x Check
    - Not a single word about "helping other players improve their gameplay"? x Check

Here's the thing:

- If you are in an organized dungeon/trial group, everyone already knows each others gear, stats, dps etc.

- If you are pugging a dungeon/trial, the goal is to finish. Why would you care what gear someone else wears or what DPS they can pull on a dummy that doesn't fight back?

As long as your group can finish the dungeon/trial, your dps's had enough dps, your tank was tanky enough and your healer got the healz.
    shades.gif
  • docmandub16_ESO
    No
    Perma Forum Banned for speaking the truth.. ZOS Dictatorship at it's best! Fix your bugs and ban REAL cheaters instead of ppl on the forum ffs!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

rolleyes.gif

What's wrong with the idea? All I read were valid points.

It gives the 5k DPS guys that are getting kicked from dungeons and are all over these forums, a good reason why they got kicked - Or, potentially stop them being kicked and actually help them progress; like anyone who already analyses their Metrics would and does. (These are the Master Wizard type players that are likely to have cats and what not following them around the house they've spent 2 months building so I expect the crown's point is also fairly valid)

It gives the better players a challenge against one another and a tool to spot errors and improve, which I expect PC players with access to metrics, already do.

There's no reason not to add this, and whilst I appreciate some people might be embarrassed - That's healthy for a game like this - "and instead of being encouraged to improve their performance they should be kept in ignorant bliss in regards to it" couldn't be more real.

It wouldn't hurt ZOS to have access to this data either. In fact it'd probably help with their inability to balance quite significantly.

Bolded a part for emphasis.

Embarrassed is the least of it, and if you have any experience on the "let me tell you about this terrible experience I had in my random normal/veteran dungeon with a terrible ignorant PUG" threads that are fairly common on the forums, you'd know it.

There's a reason there isn't any addons for PC that can tell you each individual's DPS in a group. The most you can get is the group DPS from Combat Metrics and extrapolate from there (or ask, in which case the individual can share or not) because even if you look here, there's enough negative comments just from knowing the group DPS. Knowing the DPS of individuals not your own without their consent is rife for abuse/harassment and that's pretty obvious on the forums. You might have the best of intentions, but intentions aren't going to be good enough for ZOS.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 22, 2017 6:20PM
  • Splattercat_83
    Splattercat_83
    ✭✭✭✭
    I for one would love this. As someone who is at endgame and all that is left is trials and dungeons for me, Id use it as a teaching tool. I'd add them as a friend and help them learn. Id make them gear and teach them a basic rotation.

Id start teaching mechanics of the 4 man content. Start getting them geared out with dropped sets.

I would honestly leave a trading guild just to make a guild that I could that with. But, you got wayyyy too many aholes that would shame those people, or not even try to help them progress.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly i think it will lead to more problems and Eliteism than anything else.

Perhaps if ut was disabled for PUG's via random finder it would be ok.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree on individual stats recap at end of run.

I don't agree on shared stats, because we alreay got people kicking others because the group leader thinks 630 CP is the minimum to do vet Fungal Grotto. We already have people who before accepting a guy, demand to link achievement.
    We already have people naming and shaming on zone chat if someone else did a bad run.

How are relatively new players meant to learn vet instances if they face all sorts of walls? Shared recap would just make it worse.

(By the way, I say this as CP 600+ with all vet trials completed, I am not personally biased on this matter).
    Edited by Vahrokh on December 28, 2017 7:15PM
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    I am the original poster and I think it is a good idea to have some stats at the end of Dungeons, even if it is assigning 'badges' like highest damage, highest blocks, highest heals; it does not need to be specific numbers. I prefer specific numbers because I think it would help players more than hurt.

This coming from someone who is Guild Leader of a 2 year old Guild on PS4, who runs dungeons and trials all the time, full CP cap who admits has low DPS. I have never been kicked from a random group in a dungeon. And, I am not an elitist.

I am working on configuring at least 1 character to maximize my dps but is still below average. But, I just have fun! And, I encourage others to learn and have fun too.
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    this is an elitist idea that will just cause more pain and grief to other players regardless of how good or bad they go.
    terrible idea unless they only show you your stats and not the groups.

-- PS4 NA --

Guild:

Online:
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most likely won't happen. Too many delicate snowflakes out there.

If I suck at something, I want to know it and I want to know why. This is how progression begins.

The only way i could see this implemented is if ZOS made it an opt-in feature with the option to enable or disable it at will.
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What use does it have other than to ridicule the "5k players"? Is all of your egos so endangered that you need to bolster it with game dps numbers?

I see a point in vet trial groups as a certain minimum standard must be reached. For those cases, there are plenty addons (on PC that is) that you can force your participants to use.

As a general thing after 4mans? Hell, no.

Edit: For console, something should be implemented but disabled by default. Players can enable it if they so wish.
    Edited by Leandor on December 29, 2017 1:45AM