The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

My thoughts on the Mysterious Box Event

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uzmati wrote: »
    I've been leveling, playing and discovering new alters, new builds and ways to play the game, motivated by this event

That's one of them proverbial double-edged swords.

Personally I found myself hating having to play those alts. I had picked up Morrowind on sale and decided to delete just 1 character and use my last two free slots to make 3 wardens. But I hated having to play the other classes so much that I ended up deleting half a dozen.

If I'm going to have to play alts seriously through dungeon content even occasionally then most of them need to be my main prof.
    obscure7 wrote: »
    It brought a lot of people out of their shells who had never done a dungeon before, and will probably be more likely to run dungeons in the future

Shells? Pfaw!

I found it interesting to play through those dungeons, which I'd largely ignored, but by the end of the event I had several alts clogged up with lots of partial sets and I ended up just deconning all but 1 or 2 them.

What I learned from the event is that there's zero appeal for me in running dungeons repeatedly hoping rng gives me sets in styles I may not like and which have some minor stat difference. I'll craft myself gear in the styles I like with whatever stats are available from crafting and call it a day. Run the dungeons once to get the skill point and achievements (if any).