The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

When you get two noobies in group

• GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They lay with eachother to morph and create one super noob?
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, everyone knows its a bad idea to use group tool for veteran dungeons if you wanna be done fast, but sometimes there is no other choice because people are just not available. Then sure you meet noobies. But noobies you can carry. I have no problem in doing that as long as its doable and not craddle of shadow or something similar.
    But what if you get 2 noobies and both of them the kind that think they can do everything and that they are basically really good while they are actually really bad? Well thats the issue because neither of them is gonna vote to kick for the other one. Long story short what happened was we got into such a group and even as a group leader unable to kick both. They would run through, pull all the mobs AND the boss and die. And then we have to kill everything by ourselves because they are dead kilometers away no idea even where. After which they tell us that we are actually the terrible players (even tho we run vet trials HM etc and can solo/duo most dungeons) and they refuse to leave and keep pulling stuff and dying. We had to leave and wait the queue time to queue agai because they would not leave of course. I feel this vote to kick system is really stupid and should be reworked and made with more advanced options. To be able to actually kick two people.

I think what you want is a horrible idea and would be abused greatly hurting other players intentionally.

You had a bad experience with a random dungeon and you will most likely again. My advice is just let it go and enjoy the game. In those situations I just leave, it's not worth my time and I doubt yours too. :)
  • NevoX
    NevoX
    ✭✭
    Only real challenge left in ESO is finding 3 n00bs and do CoS, RoM, Bloodforge or Falkreth.
    Seems Zos is catering to the lowest common denominator.
    Most dungeons are set at N00b challenge then gaps to insane dps needed to get all archievements :-/

What I don't get is the constant efford to make high DPS hard to reach, so its only availabe to the few and still insist on making vet dungeons and openworld so easy that you can solo 95% of it.

Just make it a bit easier to maintain high dps and turn up the challenge on mobs.
    If you got rid of anicancel and weaving, you would take the top of the dps (instead of people reaching 50-70k) while others struggle to reach 15k.

In other words, don't blame the player, blame the game. And be happy we still have a n00b challenge xD
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NevoX wrote: »
    Only real challenge left in ESO is finding 3 n00bs and do CoS, RoM, Bloodforge or Falkreth.
    Seems Zos is catering to the lowest common denominator.
    Most dungeons are set at N00b challenge then gaps to insane dps needed to get all archievements :-/

What I don't get is the constant efford to make high DPS hard to reach, so its only availabe to the few and still insist on making vet dungeons and openworld so easy that you can solo 95% of it.

Just make it a bit easier to maintain high dps and turn up the challenge on mobs.
    If you got rid of anicancel and weaving, you would take the top of the dps (instead of people reaching 50-70k) while others struggle to reach 15k.

In other words, don't blame the player, blame the game. And be happy we still have a n00b challenge xD

I was with you until the ani cancel part. Even leaving the weaving "challenge" aside, some of the highest dps builds are heavy attack ones(=>no real weaving), at least a couple updates ago some of those were in the 50k+ department.

You can easily hit 20k+ even if you take a standard weaving rotation and just screw the weaving and skip light attacks completely. The reason why people are not doing that lies more in the "play how you want" department I think. That and general lack of information.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone with very little group dungeon experience, I have no idea why people would do vet if they were not pretty sure they could do the content without holding the rest of the group back. But that might be my anxiety talking. I would probably die of mortification if I was holding the group back. So for probably a long while, I am only going to run normals until I have done all of them multiple times and have tweaked my build to be BETTER. Then, I'll think about starting vet dungeons. Especially with strangers omg...
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild had been inviting inexperienced players to run with us, we take one or two at a time and it's mostly was a positive experience, we did this for a few months introduced them all to each other and now they have their own guild. We may do that again in the spring.

I know this wouldn't be for everybody, but it was a better experience for us than getting all bent out of shape over a game. /shrug
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This vote to kick system is just for snowflakes who can't handle adversity.

I Remember when someone was being an ass we could just have the group leader kick them right before the final boss to bring in a friend.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been duoing dungeons with my wife for months, and queuing for them for a few weeks.
    • She and I duoed 16 dungeons in normal mode. 14 of them have gone smoothly for a while now (exceptions: Blackheart Haven and Selene's).
    • The only ones we've soloed in normal mode or duoed in vet mode are the super-easy ones.
    • That said, we probably were underrating ourselves a bit. We went into CoH 2 just to look around, assuming we wouldn't be able to finish it. We were. :)
    • When I started queuing, I always did so as a healer. I was surprised at how easy it was. Sometimes I'd sign up for vet mode either by mistake or because it seemed faster to get a group that way, and we'd almost always succeed. E.g., I healed vet WGT in my first week of queuing, before I had 5 pieces of SPC to wear. :)
    • Last night I healed RoM normal in a group none of whom had done it before. One guy wasn't even Level 50. (I posted that story in another thread.)
    • A few times I've queued with my wife (one healer, one DPS). The only time that went badly was when we got normal CoS in the recent event; we couldn't understand the Dranos mechanics quickly enough, so the group disbanded. (The experienced players didn't explain the chaining mechanic clearly, and even on videos it's a bit hard to see when it occurs.)
    • I have also had WGT groups crash and burn. Most people know that the Planar Inhibitor fight is mechanics-heavy, but not everybody understands BOTH of the mechanics well. (I'm unclear on the pinion stuff myself, which is OK for a healer but not so great for a DPS.)
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [*] I have also had WGT groups crash and burn. Most people know that the Planar Inhibitor fight is mechanics-heavy, but not everybody understands BOTH of the mechanics well. (I'm unclear on the pinion stuff myself, which is OK for a healer but not so great for a DPS.)
    [/list]

Planar Inhibitor doesn't follow standard taunt but follows the person who closes the pinion instead(that you probably know). While holding the pinion, he will get a dot. The dot will keep increasing every time the pinion re-opens(at which point someone else can close it so the first person doesn't get more dot, or you leave it be - letting tank eat the dot is a pretty standard strat these days). Eventually the pinion will glow blue and Planar itself will become engulfed in blue flames as well. This is the fun part. She will pretty much annihilate everyone in her way at that point. She will also snare the person she is following so they can't just safely kite her around(unless they're a streaking sorc). This means that in blue stage it is imperative to close the pinion asap to get her off that person, then for someone else(or first person again) to close it again to get her off person #2 etc. Usually 2 swaps is enough. After that blue stage will be over and she'll drop down on the ground, at which point the dot(s) will finally reset(and start stacking on the person holding her again).

Another thing - the person holding the boss(aka the one who's closed the pinion last) will never get portals. That's one of the reasons why it's so common to let tank have it.

Hope that clears it up a bit :)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    [*] I have also had WGT groups crash and burn. Most people know that the Planar Inhibitor fight is mechanics-heavy, but not everybody understands BOTH of the mechanics well. (I'm unclear on the pinion stuff myself, which is OK for a healer but not so great for a DPS.)
    [/list]

Planar Inhibitor doesn't follow standard taunt but follows the person who closes the pinion instead(that you probably know). While holding the pinion, he will get a dot. The dot will keep increasing every time the pinion re-opens(at which point someone else can close it so the first person doesn't get more dot, or you leave it be - letting tank eat the dot is a pretty standard strat these days). Eventually the pinion will glow blue and Planar itself will become engulfed in blue flames as well. This is the fun part. She will pretty much annihilate everyone in her way at that point. She will also snare the person she is following so they can't just safely kite her around(unless they're a streaking sorc). This means that in blue stage it is imperative to close the pinion asap to get her off that person, then for someone else(or first person again) to close it again to get her off person #2 etc. Usually 2 swaps is enough. After that blue stage will be over and she'll drop down on the ground, at which point the dot(s) will finally reset(and start stacking on the person holding her again).

Another thing - the person holding the boss(aka the one who's closed the pinion last) will never get portals. That's one of the reasons why it's so common to let tank have it.

So the pinion AND the boss turn blue for the phase. Got it. Thanks!

And if somebody else grabs the pinion, the tank can take it back like 15 seconds or so later and everything is good?
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    [/list]

So the pinion AND the boss turn blue for the phase. Got it. Thanks!

And if somebody else grabs the pinion, the tank can take it back like 15 seconds or so later and everything is good?

Yes and it's honestly hard to miss - she basically becomes a gigantic moving blue fire :D Whatever you do, don't be in her way at that stage!

Yes, the tank can take it back ~15 seconds later, that's more or less the perfect scenario. Keep in mind the tank will likely have a pretty high DoT on him at that point though and closing the pinion again will increase it so if you're the tank and you're already almost dying from the DoT you have maybe it's better to let someone else get the job done. It's also possible tank will have gotten portals in that sort window he didn't have the boss on him, but I suppose now with 2 people able to close portals you might as well ignore them as a tank and let dps/healer get them. It really depends on the team and the situation you're in.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    gangyzgirl wrote: »
    The voting system works as it is. I was on a level 14 toon and had qued for a random normal. As a DPS you have to wait a long time. After about 20 minutes I finallyt get into Fungal Grotto one. I ended up in the dungeon with a bunch of vet players and before it even started I was kicked out. It was not vet, I had qued for a normal and they kicked me out before even the first wave of mobs.

As soon as I was kicked, ,I snarled in yell that I had 990 cp and had more than all of them combined.

The voting system is fine as it is, otherwise we are just going to get a bunch of elitest who want to two man dungeons and kicking people out.

I would NEVER agree on a vote kicking *any* level from a t1 Normal. (unless unrelated crappery, like racism/hate remarks, which I've had happen only once ever in a dungeon group, was obvi some kid being weird.)
    Edited by Mureel on December 7, 2017 2:19PM