The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When you get two noobies in group

ArvenAldmeri
ArvenAldmeri
✭✭✭✭✭
So, everyone knows its a bad idea to use group tool for veteran dungeons if you wanna be done fast, but sometimes there is no other choice because people are just not available. Then sure you meet noobies. But noobies you can carry. I have no problem in doing that as long as its doable and not craddle of shadow or something similar.
But what if you get 2 noobies and both of them the kind that think they can do everything and that they are basically really good while they are actually really bad? Well thats the issue because neither of them is gonna vote to kick for the other one. Long story short what happened was we got into such a group and even as a group leader unable to kick both. They would run through, pull all the mobs AND the boss and die. And then we have to kill everything by ourselves because they are dead kilometers away no idea even where. After which they tell us that we are actually the terrible players (even tho we run vet trials HM etc and can solo/duo most dungeons) and they refuse to leave and keep pulling stuff and dying. We had to leave and wait the queue time to queue agai because they would not leave of course. I feel this vote to kick system is really stupid and should be reworked and made with more advanced options. To be able to actually kick two people.
Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a. If 2 noobs in a group while Veteran Dungeon I’d quit or find replacement if they quitted
    b. If 2 noobs in a group while Normal Dungeon I’d do 15K dps and tank the whole dungeon.

I can reproduce situation b. almost everyday.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p.s i dont pug dlc dungeons...
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throw crows at them
  • Dunnn
    Dunnn
    ✭✭✭
    I've had this exact scenario twice before. Me and my teammate simply said
    'well if you aren't willing to be amicable and work out a solution to this problem together, as a group, instead of rushing and wiping at every encounter, and you aren't going to leave then we will wait you out.'

Which of course brought forth every swear under the sun and moon and a ton of aggression, me and my teammate calmly sat there the whole time whilst they kicked off at us about it and eventually when they got bored of typing insults, they left.

It's not ideal but it does work, if you act like dead weight and don't budge for them (if they aren't going to budge for you guys or work together as a team) then they will leave eventually, you're then able to exit the dungeon without receiving the PUG cooldown.

I do think the whole system could do with some TLC and advanced features for when these instances happen.
    Swims-In-Coffee [Argonian Stamblade EP]
    D'ar Nomad [Khajit Stamblade EP]
    Pepe Sillvia [Wood Elf Stamblade EP]
    Trips-Over-Tail [Argonian Crafter! EP]
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's just bad luck tbh. Sometimes you can get through to people(usually that involves not rolling with the "no u suck - no u!" line but trying to point out what it is they're doing wrong and how they can adapt to make it easier for everyone), some are just hopeless. The other day I got a group in vet FG 2 with grand total of ~3k group dps. I thought I'd see if we can still make it work and asked them to wait as I tried to swap my tank to at least half-dps state, but one of them just kept pulling(and subsequently dying) the boss non stop. I tried to kick him, no go so I just left and waited for the timer. You can't help some people. Fortunately cases THAT bad+failed vote to kick don't happen that often.
  • gangyzgirl
    gangyzgirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    The voting system works as it is. I was on a level 14 toon and had qued for a random normal. As a DPS you have to wait a long time. After about 20 minutes I finallyt get into Fungal Grotto one. I ended up in the dungeon with a bunch of vet players and before it even started I was kicked out. It was not vet, I had qued for a normal and they kicked me out before even the first wave of mobs.

As soon as I was kicked, ,I snarled in yell that I had 990 cp and had more than all of them combined.

The voting system is fine as it is, otherwise we are just going to get a bunch of elitest who want to two man dungeons and kicking people out.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a. If 2 noobs in a group while Veteran Dungeon I’d quit or find replacement if they quitted
    b. If 2 noobs in a group while Normal Dungeon I’d do 15K dps and tank the whole dungeon.

I can reproduce situation b. almost everyday.

Yeah, and did you read whole post? xD
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »
    Throw crows at them

Best idea :D I should have done that :D
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why the god of windows gave you alt+f4.

But you could use one of the guys to kick the other and when you get the replacement use the new guy to kick the guy who helped you kick the first guy.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gangyzgirl wrote: »
    The voting system works as it is. I was on a level 14 toon and had qued for a random normal. As a DPS you have to wait a long time. After about 20 minutes I finallyt get into Fungal Grotto one. I ended up in the dungeon with a bunch of vet players and before it even started I was kicked out. It was not vet, I had qued for a normal and they kicked me out before even the first wave of mobs.

As soon as I was kicked, ,I snarled in yell that I had 990 cp and had more than all of them combined.

The voting system is fine as it is, otherwise we are just going to get a bunch of elitest who want to two man dungeons and kicking people out.

You are talking about completely different case scenario tho. This was not elitist vs noobies, this was just normal players vs [snip]

[Edited for inappropriate language]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on December 7, 2017 2:17PM
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play group finder games, win group finder prizes.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Play group finder games, win group finder prizes.

...And live to tell about it! Sometimes the stuff you see can't be made up. Many lols
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's disgusting how many players in this game are totally fine with abusing the time of other players by queuing for content they cant handle and expecting a carry.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the current kick system should stay as it is.
    The situation described by OP is quite rare. Changing the system that works fine just because of an exceptional situation makes no sense.
    Besides, people actually like to kick people. I've seen a lot of stupid kick outs started by people who themselves didn't get what's happening and who is really guilty. It's not just about ESO, it's also about all other MMOs I've ben playing.
    Let people kick more and they will kick more,no matter if there is a reason or is not.
    That's all I can tell about it.
    Get patient. Good luck. :)
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    It's disgusting how many players in this game are totally fine with abusing the time of other players by queuing for content they cant handle and expecting a carry.

To be fair, in many cases the issue they don't actually know they can't handle it. You can perfectly roflstomp all the open world naked, reach cp out there, queue for a random(which defaults to vet at that point) thinking "hey I can easily kill all the stuff outside, time for something a little more challenging!" and...yeah.

And then of course there are those who do know/suspect but don't care. And funny thing is if you do actually try to be nice and carry them then...in a way you actually add to the problem instead of helping. Because they get the impression they are indeed capable enough and queue for that content again without changing anything...
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I would suggest lower players to do ( to prevent from being kicked all the time ) is to go to starter zones and try to form a group from zone chat.

I've been in starter zone and said "LF low level tank and dps for group dungeons". It really doesn't take that long to form a group, there are many players wanting to do dungeons.

Sometimes I go to low level zones with my max cp healer and form low level groups. Low level players are not that bad, it can be challenging at times, but It is fun too. I wouldn't recommend vet dungeons for low level players.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »

To be fair, in many cases the issue they don't actually know they can't handle it. You can perfectly roflstomp all the open world naked, reach cp out there, queue for a random(which defaults to vet at that point) thinking "hey I can easily kill all the stuff outside, time for something a little more challenging!" and...yeah.

And then of course there are those who do know/suspect but don't care. And funny thing is if you do actually try to be nice and carry them then...in a way you actually add to the problem instead of helping. Because they get the impression they are indeed capable enough and queue for that content again without changing anything...

Yeah there are too many players who do know but don't care. Many times when i see these problem players doing little damage i can see why. They are using the wrong skills and sometimes the wrong weapons entirely. I will always try to be nice at first and say that I can offer some tips even though I am seething on the inside at them for wasting my valuable play-time. However, 90% of the time they either ignore me or have their chat turned off and not respond to any tips or suggestions no matter how politely i frame it.

Yes the game doesn't do a good job at all of getting a player ready for group content but all it takes on the players part is like 20 minutes of watching a youtube video to understand roles and rotations and skills and light attack weaving but they just straight up refuse to invest any time towards getting better. Many times these players are in the hundreds for CP and I just sit here dumb-founded at how they can still be so inept at the game and not ashamed to be wasting my time.

When i started playing the game I didn't even queue for a normal dungeon unless i was with a full group of friends til CP 160 because I was concerned about not being able to pull my own weight and it is embarrassing for me to be carried. Also I feel terrible whenever i waste someone else's time because it is our most valuable resource. And even after that, i didn't queue for a single veteran dungeon unless I was with friends or guild-mates til was well over 400 CP for those exact same reasons.

The problem is other players not having the simple human decency to not want to waste the time of others plain and simple.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on December 6, 2017 4:18PM
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah there are too many players who do know but don't care. Many times when i see these problem players doing little damage i can see why. They are using the wrong skills and sometimes the wrong weapons. entirely I will always try to be nice at first and say that I can offer some tips even though I am seething on the inside at them for wasting my valuable play-time. However, 90% of the time they either ignore me or have their chat turned off and not respond to any tips or suggestions no matter how politely i frame it.

Yes the game doesn't do a good job at all of getting a player ready for group content but all it takes on the players part is like 20 minutes of watching a youtube video to understand roles and rotations and skills and light attack weaving but they just straight up refuse to invest any time towards getting better. Many times these players are in the hundreds for CP and I just sit here dumb-founded at how they can still be so inept at the game and not ashamed to be wasting my time.

When i started playing the game I didn't even queue for a normal dungeon unless i was with a full group of friends til CP 160 because I was concerned about not being able to pull my own weight and it is embarrassing for me to be carried. Also I feel terrible whenever i waste someone else's time because it is our most valuable resource. And even after that, i didn't queue for a single veteran dungeon unless I was with friends or guild-mates til was well over 400 CP for those exact same reasons.

The problem is other players not having the simple human decency to not want to waste the time of others plain and simple.

This. Its exactly that. And this event just showed how many people are there that just dont care about getting better. So many high cps that cant pull even 15k dps (which is still pretty bad), or guy who is using taunt on the boss while being a DD etc. It was also once we got this kind of player that dont care of being bad but actually this one though he is actually really good and that HE is carrying the group. He was sorc tank using the sorc execute, loosing agro etc. It was white gold tower. We carried it till the end where healer died because of lost agro on the boss, myself I put out last drops of my mana, because I was out like crazy how much I had to shield from this boss to not kill me, putting down my aoe and the boss finally died. And this guy write in chat "That my execute saved us right there." And we were all like "bro wtf?!" I politely tried to explain him that his "build" is not good and tried to give advices. And he went "Nah, I saved our asses out there, my sorc tank is op, I am can tank any vet trial with that".... RIIIIIGHT... He proceed to post his achievement from normal trials being very proud at it later blocking me because he realised he never did a vet trial in his life before xD So not only he did not care he is bad, he though he is really good. And now THAT is an issue xD Oh and he was cp 700+ xD
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah there are too many players who do know but don't care. Many times when i see these problem players doing little damage i can see why. They are using the wrong skills and sometimes the wrong weapons. entirely I will always try to be nice at first and say that I can offer some tips even though I am seething on the inside at them for wasting my valuable play-time. However, 90% of the time they either ignore me or have their chat turned off and not respond to any tips or suggestions no matter how politely i frame it.

this event just showed how many people are there that just dont care about getting better. So many high cps that cant pull even 15k dps

This is me with my crafter stamplar. His gear is random and he hasn't DPS passives at all. :blush:
    I'm so sorry for that, but actually it is ZOS forced me to do so.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    People are funny.......I would have just left the group/dungeon.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eremith wrote: »

this event just showed how many people are there that just dont care about getting better. So many high cps that cant pull even 15k dps

This is me with my crafter stamplar. His gear is random and he hasn't DPS passives at all. :blush:
    I'm so sorry for that, but actually it is ZOS forced me to do so.

Thats not a problem for normal dungeon. I run randoms normal on alts also and I just put random gear because who would want to switch gear with 11 characters. For sure tho you are not forced to run vet on alts if you suck xD
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why we need a smarter group finder. Dont get me wrong, I queue as a tank once in a while just for grins (and to marvel at group DPS of 15K), but I think the group finder could be improved. There is a pretty obvious hierarchy of vet dungeons for the most part. You shouldnt be able to queue for COS if you havent cleared wayrest. You shouldnt be able to queue for a vet dungeon, if you havent cleared it on normal (should be account wide, not character wide). Especially among vet dungeons, you could break them into 3 difficulty tiers. You cant queue for tier 3 dungeons if you havent done 1+2, etc.

We also now have these things called target dummies. Put one near the undaunted alcove if you have to or somehow make it part of a quest. Even if you used a one million health dummy or something small, you could make it so you had to pull 10K to queue as a DPS for normal and 15-20k for a vet, and 25k for a vet DLC. Just examples, not saying make it terribly difficult, but make it so you have to have some basic thought into a damage rotation. Also you could require an equipped sword and board to queue as a tank and an equipped resto staff to queue as a healer. I am not saying a good group needs those things, but a good group doesnt need groupfinder in the first place. I would be fine with going even further and adding some additional "training" quests to unlock the ability to queue as a support role.
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    My highest toons barely put out 9-11k single target dps. My lower level toons I can squeeze 5-7k dps out of. I try my best to work with what I have and do the best I can for my team when in group content. Running with those numbers over the event I had exactly zero complaints.

I did not do any veteran content on any of them. If I had not been paying attention and took a veteran queue pop, I would have asked to be kicked rather than force anyone to deal with my low dps.

A guildie and a friend of theirs once carried me through a vet dungeon, knowingly and willingly, and I felt like the biggest turd and useless dead weight the entire time. My piddly 9.7k compared to their what, 50 or 60k? felt pathetic to no end. I do not expect or really desire carries, and found the situation humiliating though they were doing a nice thing and getting me a monster helmet.

I do mostly solo overland content, delves, and public dungeons, and can do all of those without issue as a solo player.

I cannot solo WBs or solo any group dungeons, but do okay in groups for that content.

My gear is purple crafted set gear and enchanted (at least on my cp characters; my lower levels have blue crafted set gear with blue enchants). Without farming forever in zones, or spending a lot of gold in the traders, it is the best I can reasonably manage. I try to choose the best sets for the roles my toons fill.

I am not in any pve or pvp guilds. I do not have someone to help me with my builds and teach me what to do to make the best of them. Guides telling me what skills to put on my bars only tell me so much.

By the logic here with numbers alone, should I not even bother to do normals?
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is basically me, except that I've been at max CP for the past few updates and still hadn't run more than a handful of group dungeons until I started trying to do pledges and farm for gear with guildies about a month ago. I was always too worried that I'd be considered the noob who didn't know the mechanics or didn't have good enough DPS or whatever, and as a result I always just did other things with my time. During this event, I cleared probably a dozen dungeons that I had never done before.

And my experience was that it was never a big deal that I hadn't done them before or had suboptimal DPS. Even when I was on a lower-level character with random gear and no CP assigned, whose idea of a rotation was laying down a couple of aoes and then belching fire on everything in between heavy attacking because I was out of magicka, I never got the sense that I was hamstringing the group or impeding our ability to progress. This tells me that either 1) every single group I was in was super amazing and able to carry my noob arse despite my obvious crippling deficiencies, or 2) these dungeons aren't really that hard. And maybe the people who harp on things like perfect rotations and optimized gear and watching youtube videos to research everything before you step foot in any dungeon are overstating things a bit.

In the interest of full disclosure, I was almost exclusively running with guildies, and we almost always had a lowbie in the group so we were usually getting the easier dungeons. But knowing that there are easier dungeons that can be cleared without everyone in the group being super amazing should be encouraging to people who feel like they might not be good enough. Being able to do things like follow instructions and wait for the tank to go first and stay out of red will take you a long way even if you're not Mr. MLG Pro.

And then the only thing you have to watch out for are the idiots who do run ahead of everyone and the elitists who kick everybody who doesn't look like Mr. MLG Pro. :D
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

This is basically me, except that I've been at max CP for the past few updates and still hadn't run more than a handful of group dungeons until I started trying to do pledges and farm for gear with guildies about a month ago. I was always too worried that I'd be considered the noob who didn't know the mechanics or didn't have good enough DPS or whatever, and as a result I always just did other things with my time. During this event, I cleared probably a dozen dungeons that I had never done before.

And my experience was that it was never a big deal that I hadn't done them before or had suboptimal DPS. Even when I was on a lower-level character with random gear and no CP assigned, whose idea of a rotation was laying down a couple of aoes and then belching fire on everything in between heavy attacking because I was out of magicka, I never got the sense that I was hamstringing the group or impeding our ability to progress. This tells me that either 1) every single group I was in was super amazing and able to carry my noob arse despite my obvious crippling deficiencies, or 2) these dungeons aren't really that hard. And maybe the people who harp on things like perfect rotations and optimized gear and watching youtube videos to research everything before you step foot in any dungeon are overstating things a bit.

In the interest of full disclosure, I was almost exclusively running with guildies, and we almost always had a lowbie in the group so we were usually getting the easier dungeons. But knowing that there are easier dungeons that can be cleared without everyone in the group being super amazing should be encouraging to people who feel like they might not be good enough. Being able to do things like follow instructions and wait for the tank to go first and stay out of red will take you a long way even if you're not Mr. MLG Pro.

And then the only thing you have to watch out for are the idiots who do run ahead of everyone and the elitists who kick everybody who doesn't look like Mr. MLG Pro. :D

Good on you for being concerned about wasting other people's time. I applaud that. For normal dungeons yeah you don't need perfect gear or rotations but when you do it goes extremely quickly which leads to being able to complete more content every time you play. In veteran dungeons however this is even more important because not having good gear or rotations can lead to hour-long+ runs or leads to the group having to deal with mechanics for too long and wiping if it's a more difficult vet dungeon.

All things considered it sounds like you're actually alot better than you think you are which is the case many times for people like us who waited to do the content until we felt comfortable.
  • Tomg999
    Tomg999
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you "run vet trials HM etc and can solo/duo most dungeons", why do you care? Just ignore them.
  • TescoBiscuits
    TescoBiscuits
    ✭✭✭
    Solely based on what you have said, It's possible they just want to skip the mobs. Tactic being skip to the bosses, whether it means sneaking or pulling every single mob to then wipe at the boss. Usually in cases like these, its best to come to an agreement on how you want to play this out. Don't forget this strat is the fastest way to clear dungeons.
    Everything accomplished has been done on a integrated graphics card, thus far.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zhaedri wrote: »
    My highest toons barely put out 9-11k single target dps. My lower level toons I can squeeze 5-7k dps out of. I try my best to work with what I have and do the best I can for my team when in group content. Running with those numbers over the event I had exactly zero complaints.

I did not do any veteran content on any of them. If I had not been paying attention and took a veteran queue pop, I would have asked to be kicked rather than force anyone to deal with my low dps.

A guildie and a friend of theirs once carried me through a vet dungeon, knowingly and willingly, and I felt like the biggest turd and useless dead weight the entire time. My piddly 9.7k compared to their what, 50 or 60k? felt pathetic to no end. I do not expect or really desire carries, and found the situation humiliating though they were doing a nice thing and getting me a monster helmet.

I do mostly solo overland content, delves, and public dungeons, and can do all of those without issue as a solo player.

I cannot solo WBs or solo any group dungeons, but do okay in groups for that content.

My gear is purple crafted set gear and enchanted (at least on my cp characters; my lower levels have blue crafted set gear with blue enchants). Without farming forever in zones, or spending a lot of gold in the traders, it is the best I can reasonably manage. I try to choose the best sets for the roles my toons fill.

I am not in any pve or pvp guilds. I do not have someone to help me with my builds and teach me what to do to make the best of them. Guides telling me what skills to put on my bars only tell me so much.

By the logic here with numbers alone, should I not even bother to do normals?

Normals yes, of course, what you are doing is not bothering anyone, you are actually aware of what you can do. However my sad case was in vet dungeon (for vet pledge today), so it was really pain when I had to dps 30+ mobs with boss on top of that alone (boss that targets someone to drain health), holding shield up to not die in moment of having it down for 1 sec. Your dps is more than enough for normal dungeons.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomg999 wrote: »
    If you "run vet trials HM etc and can solo/duo most dungeons", why do you care? Just ignore them.

Ignore them to pull half dungeon on you? Obviously when you solo/duo stuff, you dont run around [snip] pulling everyhting and then dying, you take your time to kill everything pack by pack so that you dont actually wipe like a noob.
    Solely based on what you have said, It's possible they just want to skip the mobs. Tactic being skip to the bosses, whether it means sneaking or pulling every single mob to then wipe at the boss. Usually in cases like these, its best to come to an agreement on how you want to play this out. Don't forget this strat is the fastest way to clear dungeons.

This strat might be fastest but also the most expensive one as the armor does not repair itself. Not to mention that vet pledges require you to kill the certain bosses not to pull them and die to skip them. We never die in dungeons just to skip mobs. What is skippable by walking around, we walk around, if we cant skip like that we just kill it, because we do have enough dps to not spend a whole minute on a single mob pack. And I am sure most people with brain in this game run those dungeons just like we do without dying just to skip mobs.

[edited for inappropriate commentary]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on December 7, 2017 2:17AM
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've all been low level and many of us have been victims of being kicked just because of our low cp, then having to wait 15 minutes for the timer.

If you are kicked you shouldn't be punished with a timer. If you leave, then yeah sure, get a penalty for leaving.

Low levels with a "I'm so good" attitude just need to be put in their place. Tell them what they're doing wrong, if they choose not to listen then that's their loss. I'd just carry on through the dungeon and leave them dead each time they die.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266