Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Thanks For Breaking My Tank, ZOS

Morbash
Morbash
✭✭✭✭
As if tanking wasn't already boring enough, ZOS decided it'd be a good idea to further destroy build diversity by limiting Shuffle to 5pc medium armor users.

Before ZOS decided to do this, I had a very fun and enjoyable warden tank build I was using to pug dungeons for undaunted xp. I was using 5pc Tava's Favor, 5pc Werewolf Hide, and 2pc Blood Spawn. It was extremely effective at generating Warhorns and Healing Thickets when combined with other forms of ultimate generation (Decisive trait, minor and major heroism, passves, etc.). I had also been working on replacing Werewolf Hide with Akaviri Dragonguard. Not only was it a fun and effective build, it also contained an element of progression. So ya, a big thank you to ZOS for ruining that for me. *Slow Clap*

So, since I can no longer use this build to its maximum effectiveness, I was going to swap out Werewolf Hide for Hist Bark, but NOPE! Can't do that. Tava's and Hist Bark are both crafted sets. Ran into the same problem with 5pc medium Armor Master. So, it doesn't appear there's any way around this issue other than to suck it up and exclusively use minor evasion instead. But at that point, the build's effectiveness is lost; I may as well just use a completely different build.

Any other fun Warden tank builds out there? Probably going to be forced into a standard health stack build. :'(
Edited by Morbash on December 6, 2017 6:12AM
"War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • mildlylucid
    mildlylucid
    ✭✭✭
    You could always keep the Werewolf Hide and replace the Tava's with the Dragonguard. Kinda similar to what you already had.
    Another day, another deathtrap.
    PC | NA | CP: 690+
    Main: Littlewill (50) - Khajiit Dragonknight Tank
    Alts:
    Bajzhli-do (50) - Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Tlanir Dro'flayn (23) - Dunmer Magicka Nightblade DPS
    Morgayne Dalodrel (21) - Breton Magicka Templar Healer
    Tumande Stormwatch (20) - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Tamdril Merilyn (5) - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight DPS
    Bjorngrim Ingensen (5) - Nord Warden Tank
    Gwynereth Bonecrusher (4) - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could always keep the Werewolf Hide and replace the Tava's with the Dragonguard. Kinda similar to what you already had.

^ This

The trouble with running Tava with Bloodspawn and Werewolf is that they are inconsistent with each other. Tava you don't want to be hit and Bloodspawn and Werewolf you do want to be hit. I agree with mildlylucid. Get Akaviri 5 piece and keep Werewolf set with Bloodspawn for a fun ult regen build that will be fine for Vet Dungeons.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^ This

The trouble with running Tava with Bloodspawn and Werewolf is that they are inconsistent with each other. Tava you don't want to be hit and Bloodspawn and Werewolf you do want to be hit. I agree with mildlylucid. Get Akaviri 5 piece and keep Werewolf set with Bloodspawn for a fun ult regen build that will be fine for Vet Dungeons.

Yes on both accounts. Probably a better setup and more magicka regen for your class skills that come in handy tanking those dungeons.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed on the Dragon set up suggestions. Never liked Tava's, the slower bosses hit the worse it got and newer bosses are not hitting all that fast. And to be technical, they did not make Major Evasion a medium armor only thing, they made Tava's+medium armor skill a medium armor only thing. Hist Bark can still be crafted in Heavy armor :wink:
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭

^ This

They worked just fine together. There was no trouble with running them together. Tava's would proc when you dodged attacks. And since you can't dodge everything, that's where Blood Spawn and Werewolf Hide came into play. They complimented each other just fine. They may not have synergized in perfect harmony, but it was still an extremely effective setup.

If I'm going to replace Tava's, I may as well play a completely different build. This ulti regen build revolved around that. I appreciate the help, but it's just not the same without Tava's.
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed on the Dragon set up suggestions. Never liked Tava's, the slower bosses hit the worse it got and newer bosses are not hitting all that fast. And to be technical, they did not make Major Evasion a medium armor only thing, they made Tava's+medium armor skill a medium armor only thing. Hist Bark can still be crafted in Heavy armor :wink:

Ah yes, technical truths. Thanks. That's a big help.
  • mildlylucid
    mildlylucid
    ✭✭✭
    Morbash wrote: »

^ This

They worked just fine together. There was no trouble with running them together. Tava's would proc when you dodged attacks. And since you can't dodge everything, that's where Blood Spawn and Werewolf Hide came into play. They complimented each other just fine. They may not have synergized in perfect harmony, but it was still an extremely effective setup.

If I'm going to replace Tava's, I may as well play a completely different build. This ulti regen build revolved around that. I appreciate the help, but it's just not the same without Tava's.

I used to run a Tava's build but I'm always looking at changing up my gear so I ran a few dungeons with and without Tava's/Major Evasion while also using Bloodspawn. It was a while ago so I can't fully remember the exact details but I gained at least as much ult just using Bloodspawn compared with also using Tava's/Major Evasion (I didn't use WW's Hide so not sure how that would fit into it).

I would say that if you just replace Tava's with Dragonguard you'll probably end up with better ultigen than you had.
    Another day, another deathtrap.
    PC | NA | CP: 690+
    Main: Littlewill (50) - Khajiit Dragonknight Tank
    Alts:
    Bajzhli-do (50) - Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Tlanir Dro'flayn (23) - Dunmer Magicka Nightblade DPS
    Morgayne Dalodrel (21) - Breton Magicka Templar Healer
    Tumande Stormwatch (20) - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Tamdril Merilyn (5) - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight DPS
    Bjorngrim Ingensen (5) - Nord Warden Tank
    Gwynereth Bonecrusher (4) - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morbash wrote: »

^ This

I used to run a Tava's build but I'm always looking at changing up my gear so I ran a few dungeons with and without Tava's/Major Evasion while also using Bloodspawn. It was a while ago so I can't fully remember the exact details but I gained at least as much ult just using Bloodspawn compared with also using Tava's/Major Evasion (I didn't use WW's Hide so not sure how that would fit into it).

I would say that if you just replace Tava's with Dragonguard you'll probably end up with better ultigen than you had.

I'll at least give it a try once I acquire all the pieces. Thanks again for the help. :)
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was finally able to put together that Dragonguard, Werewolf Hide and Blood Spawn build today. It's not quite the same as Tava's since I was using low cost ultimates to begin with, but it's definitely viable. I may be able to make up some of the difference by changing my weapon traits to decisive.

My end goal is to be able to toss out Healing Thickets as fast as possible, or at the very least, have them ready during damage intensive sequences. The purpose of the build is to carry anyone through most vet dungeons and farm undaunted XP. Thus far, this build has succeeded quite well with this endeavor. I managed to carry a couple of sub CP 160s through vet CoA II. B)
    Edited by Morbash on December 7, 2017 5:03AM