Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Please nerf redguard racial passives or buff other races the same amount.

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZoS should untie race choose to alliance and give any race any alliance in the base package. Then we could focus more on what are the best races and the worst ones without forcing people to buy a product that's almost 4 years old.

Even Imperials should be given in the base game.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Anrose wrote: »
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Anrose wrote: »
    This game needs LESS nerfs, not more. This games need LESS class/race homogenization, not more.

That being said, there are good options for all stamina aligned races. Let’s take a look.

If you want the most damage, pick an Orc. Your damage will be better than Redguard, but your sustain will suffer.

If you want the best sustain, go with Bosmer. Your damage will be slightly lacking in conparison, but your sustain will be great.

Best of both worlds? Redguard is where it’s at. But your damage will not be as good as an Orc, and your sustain will not be as good as a Bosmer.

Both stamina and magicka these variants, and that leaves the game relatively balanced. You need to decide what it is that you want and make a concession somewhere else.

And if you want to play a Khajiit Magblade, then go for it. They’re still able to clear in most content.

EDIT: Wording.

Wrong. Redguard has the best stam sustain, followed by Argonian or Bosmer depending on your base regen.

Bosmer passives give 21% stamina regen.
    Redguard passives give 9% stamina regen AND 792 stamina once every 5 seconds, but only on a melee attack. Which is ~316 regen.

I’m not great at the maths, but Bosmer has a great chance to outpace a Redguard in the regen, but there are so many other variables that, in some circumstances, a Redguard could be better. Which the basis of my statement. Bosmer is viable. Redguard is viable. Others are viable. But it depends what you’re doing with them.

If you try to make a rolly-polly Orc Stamblade, you’re gonna have a bad time. If you’re making a stay-at-home Stamplar or DK on a Bosmer, you’re gonna have a bad time.

Thats the problem. If you arent great in math some thing look better than others. Bosmer have terrible chance to outpace redguard in regen unless your build is literally not doing any melee damage or is nightblade in pvp that spends most time out of combat. 21% - 9% is 12%. To achieve 319 regen out of this 12% (to match redguard in sustained fight) you would need 2658 unbuffed regen. That is 514 of base regen, 319 of dubious drink and 14 regen bonuses (129) from your gear :D. Yes your gear would literally have to be all regen to match this.

The thing is there are some advantages of having regen than stamina return on melee attack. But the difference would have to be much smaller to care about this. On pretty high regen build in PVP (base + dubious + 3x gear bonus) you could hit someone with melee attack as redguard just once every 10sec to match this.

Ok, I’m totally wrong on the numbers, lol. Thanks for the explanation there.

But I’ll say again that what you’re trying to do with your character will help dictate what race is best. If it were me making a roll dodge stamblade who lives and dies by the burst, I’d probably pick Bosmer... this is also why I have 5 Redguards.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    ZoS should untie race choose to alliance and give any race any alliance in the base package. Then we could focus more on what are the best races and the worst ones without forcing people to buy a product that's almost 4 years old.

Even Imperials should be given in the base game.

Or you can spend crowns to get both. Which option do you think ZOS is going to go with?
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Redguards are not the problem.

I do think they need to look at the alliances and what they offer.
    All the stealthy races are in AD which is a bit odd.
    EP has two Tank races.

Khajiit looks like it was meant to be a Stealthy tank but apart from a regeneration bonus was never really good at that purpose innately. Instead of giving Khajiit a Stamina bonus I really believe they should give them 10% health and it should be part of one of the passives already there. This would boost their 'Tank' role a bit better and even the Tank-DPS-Heal within each community. Khajiit already do fine in their DPS role I definitely think to round this race out they should do the health bonus.

I pushed for Argonians to get a semi-stealth related bonus a long time ago to create some parity between the factions.

The reality is that it is really hard to create balance between the factions and the races, as well as the races between one another.
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on December 8, 2017 5:07AM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    XHjWQoj.jpg

2.jpg?resize=667%2C467&ssl=1
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    You want to change the "fluff bonus" to a combat bonus.

Your entire argument feel apart at that point. Maybe go and learn about each of the passives and what each bonus is and where it falls before you start making demands on the forums.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Already been nerfed, twice. Racial balance is fine as it is now. Stop whining for nerfs, ppl like you are what’s wrong with the game. I am open to slight buffs to other classes, but when I hear impetulent whining and QQ like in this thread, I’m inclined to tune it out. Willing to bet the devs operate in a similar manner.

Besides, the last thing we need is more AD bowtards hiding behind a Zerg spamming snipe.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im pretty sure if redguard gets one more nerf Im going back to orc for my stamDk.
    Sustain isnt everything.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BigBadVolk wrote: »
    XHjWQoj.jpg

CommentPhotos.com_1395083710.jpg
    Edited by Mureel on December 8, 2017 9:32PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XHjWQoj.jpg

When I thought it couldn't get any more "wat" it just did
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf Bosmer even harder, I HATE getting stuck in group content with god damn plinkers light attacking from the doorway with the occasional snipe.

Go RP in solo mode
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    XHjWQoj.jpg

When I thought it couldn't get any more "wat" it just did