Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Should i run vamp on a stamina dragonknight?

KharnTheUndying
KharnTheUndying
✭✭✭
I made my argonian stm dk for pvp and for some tanking in pve but was wondering should i cure vamp?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires skills scale off of magicka, and werewolf skills scale off of stamina.

Edited by SydneyGrey on December 3, 2017 9:46PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, vampire is more for magic characters. And as a stam DK, you’re probably going to do more face to face fighting...so the vampirism is going to hurt you with just a few tiny perks.

But since you have it, you can experiment with it. But be aware...if you cure it, I think you need to recast your skill points before curing it, otherwise the points you’ve spent on vamp skills end up locked up with no way to recoup them.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Yes, vampire is more for magic characters. And as a stam DK, you’re probably going to do more face to face fighting...so the vampirism is going to hurt you with just a few tiny perks.

But since you have it, you can experiment with it. But be aware...if you cure it, I think you need to recast your skill points before curing it, otherwise the points you’ve spent on vamp skills end up locked up with no way to recoup them.

This is very important. IMHO werewolf is better for stam dks, from an unkilable tank you became a killing machine ;)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made my argonian stm dk for pvp and for some tanking in pve but was wondering should i cure vamp?

Vampire is very good for stamDK´s in PvP as well. The passives from that skilline is very strong and will be helpful one way or another. Undeath passive + extra regen is helpful and in my opinion it out-weights the cons of extra fire damage.

If you want to play a werewolf you´ve to make a build that builds solely about being a werewolf (you either go 100% WW or not at all in my opinion). With vamp you don´t have to make any bigger changes to your build in order to be effective.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not for the skills but for the passives Vampire is good for everyone. Had friend in my raid that was a vampire stamina character on Veteran Asylum Olms+Felms and Olms+Llothis, he used mist form to stay alive on the lightning phases, did 18% group DPS and had fewest DPS deaths. The 10% stamina recovery and damage mitigation is really good, its basically the exact same reasons that the magicka users go vampire, and unlike Werewolf you don't need to slot anything to get the recovery.