Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Newbie in TESO

Louciferuru
Louciferuru
Soul Shriven
Hi

After more than 10 years of WoW, I decide to play at TESO but in the solo way at first, and later, why not join a guild

After leveling a stamina nightblade and after following this guide for exempla : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/243441/end-game-stamina-nightblade-build-pve-dps-updated-for-clockwork-city

1: Should i unlock all active abilities of each class line ? I invest my point in priority skill, all passive skill and some craft skill
2: Is It a waste of time, to search in each container, urn, ect and steal everything ? ( In skyrim and fallout, i pick up everything)

Thank You

Edited by Louciferuru on December 3, 2017 12:31AM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the game!

I main a stamblade. The guide you linked is solid. Another good site for any build is alcasthq.com. His stamblade guide is very similar, but he offers some additional commentary you might like. He also always offers a CP distribution for players with less than max CPs.

But to answer your specific questions:

1. Skill points are ample now, so you can spend on any skill you feel like experimenting with. But in case you don’t love hunting sky shards, here’s where a stamblade should focus:

Assassination: every skill and passive in this line is solid on a stamblade.

Shadow: if rationing skill points you can skip the ultimate and path of darkness. You can also skip summon shade until you have a specific use for it.

Siphoning: here’s where you can save some points. These are more magblade skills. Siphoning strikes is an exception and you’ll want it. The passives can be low priority unlocks on a stamblade.

Dual wield: a stamblade can unlock all of these.

2h: skills that are useful are uppercut and momentum (which is quite useful on a stamblade, especially for less experienced players). I also like reverse slice for grinding...it can destroy trash mobs.

Bow: all skills here have their uses.

Armor: you’ll likely wear mostly medium, and sometimes maybe a piece or two of heavy. So spend in all medium passives, then the first three in heavy. Some builds might use the medium armor ability shuffle...you can run this, but the NB’s mirage is a bit stronger.

Fighters guild: expert hunter, trap beast and the ultimate will show up in many guides.

Undaunted: these don’t unlock until,you’re near vet level, but the only skill that might be of interest is bone shield.

Legerdemain: DON’T overlook this one. Stamblades sneak a lot, and stamina is precious. Work your Legerdemain to 16 so you can spend in the passive to reduce sneak cost by 40%. This is vital in pvp. Hint - empty your inventory then go to daggerfall and go to the two ships at the dock, steal everything then launder and fence it. In 5-10 Sessions you can get Legerdemain to 16. If it gets boring, spend a point in the passive that allows 220 transactions per day instead of 100.

2. What to raid

There are so many items in eso it’s hard to outline what is and what is not a good use of your time. As a general rule, most drops from containers are junk (except that you might need that junk, lol). Crates and barrels tend to produce grocery ingredients and are the least useful containers. Urn containers (which can be all sort of containers, like urns, jewelry boxes, pots, wardrobes, dressers, etc) can produce more valuable items. Locked chests seem like they’d be good, but no...mostly garbage.

A good way to learn what’s valuable might be to go to a large guild store (wayrest, elden root, mournehold) and browse those stores. See what’s valuable and then look up where it comes from.

Items that can be fun and profitable for a new player are the various motif pages in the game. These go for 5,000-60,000 each depending on which ones, so motif raiding is a great way to fund your early adventures. Go online amd review the different styles and where they drop. Find ones that sound like a fun grind, then check guild prices. If you find a few profitable types, then go grind them. This will also teach you what sort of containers produce what. My advice - start with these. Dragr via fight guild dailies because you need to level your fighters guild anyway. Dark brotherhood and thieves guild because you can practice your stamblading this way. If you have Morrowind, maybe the house motifs. But there are 40more...dealers choice.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply here using @davey1107 in the post. The forum will notify me...happy to assist.

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. You should certainly unlock all of your class skills, active and passive. You need to understand your class, even the skills that turn out to be crap for your build. You can always respec later. There are enough skill points in the game to eventually unlock all class skills, 3 or 4 weapon skill lines, armor skill lines, and most crafting and other skill lines. Having said that, as a stamina NB you need not unlock these skills, as they are purely useful for magblades:

Strife (although really useful in the very early stages of the game, say up to level 20, due to the healing)
    Blur (as medium armor build, use Shuffle from medium armor skill line instead)
    Cripple
    Path of Darkness

2. While you will find some stuff that you can sell in guild stores, I would say it is a waste or at least terribly boring. There are better ways to make gold. Try to do dolmens as soon as you can. You'll level your Figher's Guild, and you have a chance at rings that may be worth something. On PC/Mac, get Master Merchant and Awesome Guild Store addons, and join some trading guilds.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • Louciferuru
    Louciferuru
    Soul Shriven
    Thank for your post both of you, it is more clear

i was confused and lost after searching on multiple forum, too much old information
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey and welcome to the game, @vincentchatinb16_ESO! :)

Some additional 2-3 cents from me: Gilliam's build is solid, yep. Note that he started that build in November 2016, and a lot has changed since then. In the latest post, he says he modified it accordingly, but didn't catch all things it seems. Twice-Fanged Serpent e.g. only increases penetration by 4300 now, instead of 5000, and only if you have everything in gold(en quality). On blue, it's 4050, and on purple it's 4150. So the difference to Spriggan is much lower now, only netting about 800 penetration, or 1.6% damage. That difference you can easily make up for with CP distribution.

About skill bar allocation: Stamblade is one of the few chars where I have slightly different main bars for trash group and pure Single-Target fights. Since Steel Tornado has become so expensive in terms of stamina, I have Steel Tornado and Shrouded Daggers on my main bar for AOE situations.

Shrouded Daggers hits only three targets, but for much more than Steel Tornado when they still have high health. It also gives you the Major Brutality buff. I use Steel Tornado as an AOE finisher so to speak. In pure single-target situations I switch the two out for Rending Slashes and Surprise Attack.

Note that if you use Shrouded Daggers in a bossfight with adds, make sure to not shoot at the boss directly, but at a close-by add, because the skill does more damage to the second and third target hit.

To quickly switch out skills during a dungeon run, I use the addon "Dressing Room", and have the appropriate skill bars assign to mouse side buttons together with the Alt key as modifier. That way I can switch the skills even while running.

About looting containers: Well, I go the lazy route in that regard. I have ESO+, thus the crafting bag, and I have autoloot turned on. So usually when running dungeons or delves or stuff, I just press the INTERACT key quickly when passing by containers, and sort out the crap later. Even the useless white equipment can be sold to NPC merchants, or if you get intricate items, for ~200 gold in the guild store.

Edited by Loc2262 on December 3, 2017 10:32AM
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. No need to repeat why it's good to unlock everything at least once (you can get the points back)...

Just, welcome to Tamriel.

WoW is fun in its own way, but obviously this game's combat is a little different, plus the extensive voice acting.

Good luck in your adventures :smile:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome here

Pick up whatever you find , its still one of the way to get money in this game