The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Christmas Crown Store

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be better if they brought morag tong and dark shaman costumes for limited time again, since as reward it is waste of time.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    swippy wrote: »
    @monktoasty the house is orcish and they mention Kurog, so i'm guessing it's in Wrothgar

i also heard there would be one near Maelstrom Arena, so i'm nearly sure

It is already there, look at Maelstrom Arena and follow the new road down to Pariah Pinnacle. You can walk in and preview the house but it does not have any pricing information yet.
    Edited by Caligamy_ESO on December 2, 2017 10:38AM
    love is love
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely a garbage end of year crown store showcase only thing remotely interestig was the horse and frost caster other than that you dropped the ball hard
  • TimidGazelle
    TimidGazelle
    ✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    I just want the Ice Wolf. Or at least a Wolf that has Nord origin attached to it. Which is why I have not purchased the DB dlc wolf mount. I am a major RP guy so I want a mount that fits my Nord character

I think the sabre cat mount would be the most nord mount so far.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want the Ice Wolf. Or at least a Wolf that has Nord origin attached to it. Which is why I have not purchased the DB dlc wolf mount. I am a major RP guy so I want a mount that fits my Nord character

I think the sabre cat mount would be the most nord mount so far.

I think they had a sabre cat mount a while ago but it would be nice to see them again.
    I am not a fan of the crazy outlandish mounts (unless I have a matching skin/cosmetic to go with it) I like to more tame mounts as I find them to be more creative given their limitations
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    Guess I'll be saving my money for a crown sale if we ever get one.. and hope the datamined argonian costumes are actually real.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    I think the items are looking jaded and been reskinned to death.
    I think its about time for a fresh approach ie, a designer with new ideas on items or maybe even listen to the community.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm underwhelmed but not bothered. I'm not especially keen to blow crowns at the moment.
    They bring back old stuff all the time.

Hardly. On a few rare occasions they've brought back old stuff to the crown store.

Those were rare exceptions to the rule of it's sold in the crown store for a limited time and then eventually becomes crate fodder.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least I can get my winter-themed Khajiit that white horse, since the crates screwed me out of the Frost Mare. :/
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More mediocrity in the crown store? Shocking. Strong pass from me - shame because I was going to buy crowns if it was worthwhile. If you want to make some money over the holidays devs, put up a selection of the more popular mounts and let them (in a way) be bought as Christmas presents by significant others, people spending some Christmas money, etc etc etc.

Nah, who am I kidding, you just hold onto that completely non-contentious loot crate foumla you got going on.

• sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anone kind of disappointed?
    because it makes them more special but I am not impressed with what we are seeing.

I was hoping for the nocturnal costume, maybe next month. For the holiday season its a very poor selection of items, on the other hand, i can save my crowns...
    Edited by sudaki_eso on December 7, 2017 3:21PM
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Trepis26
    Trepis26
    this might be the first time I've been playing over the xmas season, I'm looking forward to the horse for certain and will be previewing the brimmed hats as well. I do wish I could purchase things items earlier in December, I'm only planning on using them seasonally so by mid January I'll likely be back to my normal mount and hat choices :)

• duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I understand that they won't be bringing back mounts & pets from the previous years, like the Polar bear from 2015 and the Ice Wolf from 2016, because it makes them more special but I am not impressed with what we are seeing.
    The ice wolf mount and pup are now crown crate fodder. They're in the Fire Atronach crates. I suspect the polar bears will be in crown crates next year. :/

Hmm, didn't some items from crown crates were temporary removed from them for the witches' festival this year though? Maybe they will be available during New Life Festival? Especially Ice-Wolf.. I know it was in the store last year (I missed it last year though)
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Place a legendary scroll of

Delete Kyne

In the crown crates. I will spend an entire bonus to get it.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to all the hats, but only because I didn't get them last year and regretted it. I need all of them. <3
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can't please everyone.

I'll be nabbing the hat and the mount for sure
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Horse looks beautiful.
    But not sure if I want to ride around on a horse that has a giant garland and bells around its neck all year long.

*Edit* It just occured to me that perhaps they designed it so that you can hide the garland and bells by clicking on "hide stamina upgrade" or "hide speed upgrade," etc. The reason I say this is that we're able to hide some of the head armor on the Witch Knight charger this way, so it's possible. If they made it so we can hide the garland and bells, I'm getting this horse. If we can't hide them, I might not buy it.

I absolutely agree. I haven't played in quite a few months but that horse has caught my eye and is perfect for one of my characters. If the garland/bells are hideable, I'm very likely to purchase despite my long absence!
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horse is perfect for my (simulated) Snow Elf. The garland will stay year round so that she may bring holiday cheer to the children of Tamriel- all six of them- forever. I will be disappointed if the bells do not jingle, though.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the items, the horse especially, but if they can put a garland on the horse, why couldn't they have done a couple house decorations too?
    Edited by LadyAstrum on December 10, 2017 4:50PM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the horse and plan on getting it...and maybe one of the hats. Per Nord mounts, my nord rides the elk sometimes and other times Tuxedo Bear.
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Makta
    Makta
    ✭✭
    Noticed the costume packs where being thrown out so i grabbed both in case they never come back.. I will probably never use them but hey? :)
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good to me !
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    At what point are they going to decide horses have enough skins?

When people stop buying them
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zbigb4life wrote: »
    At what point are they going to decide horses have enough skins?

When people stop buying them

Very Good
    The ones buying also include the ones complaing
    Edited by Pops_ND_Irish on December 12, 2017 8:05PM