The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Christmas Crown Store

Iccotak
Iccotak
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Anone kind of disappointed?

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26261?Crown-Store-Showcase-–-December-2017

I understand that they won't be bringing back mounts & pets from the previous years, like the Polar bear from 2015 and the Ice Wolf from 2016, because it makes them more special but I am not impressed with what we are seeing.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At what point are they going to decide horses have enough skins?
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They bring back old stuff all the time. Nothing in this game is special except the subscription rewards way back in the day or the beta monkey.

It seems most of the really good stuff is saved for crown crates now. Which kinda sucks.
  • craigr02
    craigr02
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the winter stuff is lame!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm stoked that the Stahlrim set is going to be in the Crown Store!! ;)
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS bringing back past crown crates for that really impulsive gambler.
    aab89fc24cb9cddcdbfbe4b9c1ca2e39.gif
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back old stuff all the time... if you mean move it into crown crates. That's not quite the same. And I really wanted the Elk from last year.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heaven forbid we get a ice based motif IN GAME we dont have to pay for. FFS.
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I'm stoked that the Stahlrim set is going to be in the Crown Store!! ;)

Same, and for longer than four days. :)
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's boring :/

When is my chinese hat coming to the store ?
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why did they have to add stupid garland to all of the hats in the broadbrim hat pack? I would purchase it if one didn't have any garland.
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish they would say the area where the house is
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @monktoasty the house is orcish and they mention Kurog, so i'm guessing it's in Wrothgar

i also heard there would be one near Maelstrom Arena, so i'm nearly sure
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nice to see returning crates, I just wish we could purchase items we wanted with gems.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back old stuff all the time... if you mean move it into crown crates. That's not quite the same. And I really wanted the Elk from last year.

Most of what I've seen in crown crates are new. With the exception of 2 or 3 items. They aren't going to repeat the same cosmetics every single year no but you do see once retired items return here and there throughout the year yes.
  • General_Zeranth
    General_Zeranth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the dappling on the horse, despise the garland/wreath around its neck. So pretty meh for me this month.
    Xbox - NA

Self confessed Master Angler title chaser.

Titles Earned: 10/∞
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    monktoasty wrote: »
    Wish they would say the area where the house is

The house is near maelstrom arena in wrothgar. You can even go yourself there and enter to preview it. Take right when at that crossroads before maelstrom arena and you will find it. It's not bad but I assume they will price it at 15.5k crowns if I had to pick a guess which seems like the old usual overpriced habit of zos.
    Edited by makreth on December 2, 2017 4:35AM
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s becoming “pay to stand out.” Everyone now has almost identical builds, grind for the same gear, and just follow the “Youtubers” that have created this hegemony.

Only ways to stand out (which seems to be a prime motivator in the game) are difficult to acquire skins/titles, or crown crate loot. ZOS knows this, and knows the majority of players aren’t going to be Flawless Comqueror’s or rock VMOL skins, so they’ve added an artificial money-pit of loot to give players some individuality.

Every major game adds this micro transaction crap now. Pretty soon, ESO+ will capture all the aspects that make the game playable, and then it’s either pay, or spend all your in-game time managing your inventory.
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want the Ice Wolf. Or at least a Wolf that has Nord origin attached to it. Which is why I have not purchased the DB dlc wolf mount. I am a major RP guy so I want a mount that fits my Nord character
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At what point are they going to decide horses have enough skins?

Opinion, not fact. Personally I hate the immersion breaking WoW-style weird robot animal mounts shooting fire and ice and lasers and just want horses of different colors. I want to see more realistic horse colors and cultural styles. That winter horse is getting my money unless it's $40 or something.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Underwhelmed..
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horse looks beautiful.
    But not sure if I want to ride around on a horse that has a giant garland and bells around its neck all year long.

*Edit* It just occured to me that perhaps they designed it so that you can hide the garland and bells by clicking on "hide stamina upgrade" or "hide speed upgrade," etc. The reason I say this is that we're able to hide some of the head armor on the Witch Knight charger this way, so it's possible. If they made it so we can hide the garland and bells, I'm getting this horse. If we can't hide them, I might not buy it.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on December 2, 2017 6:57AM
  • playerkiller247
    playerkiller247
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else just a bit disappointed with this months showcase?
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    I just want the Ice Wolf. Or at least a Wolf that has Nord origin attached to it. Which is why I have not purchased the DB dlc wolf mount. I am a major RP guy so I want a mount that fits my Nord character

I just got the ice wolf in my free crates recently, was really excited about getting a floofy snowy white wolf but it's a sick looking eggshell beige colour looks awful imo very disappointed :|
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    Other than the horse and the brim, the rest all looks recycled.
    The horse will probably cost the same as the Elk did, too so meeheheggrrg...

not being able to spend my crown gems on older crate items wouldn't suck as much if this fire season's crate items weren't uninteresting junk as well.

Oh well.
    Lemme know if/when the Fabricant personality appears for sale. zzzzzzzz
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anone kind of disappointed?
    Not me. I really like the look of Pariah's Pinnacle and so I will definitely be getting that when it is available. No doubt it will be fairly expensive to buy (by comparison I mean - my other few homes are small and bought with gold), but that alone makes it an excellent showcase for me.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally think it's a cool line up. Festive stuff for those that like, that motif is well sort after, crate chances for those that dabble. And a Orc mountain home.

I agree that most of the costume stuff is generally RP themed theatrical nonsense. But if they buy the stuff and are the market fair play to em
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand that they won't be bringing back mounts & pets from the previous years, like the Polar bear from 2015 and the Ice Wolf from 2016, because it makes them more special but I am not impressed with what we are seeing.
    The ice wolf mount and pup are now crown crate fodder. They're in the Fire Atronach crates. I suspect the polar bears will be in crown crates next year. :/
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the New Life items. Have been wanting that horse and the hats since I saw them datamined. Sure, a New Life costume and house would've been nice, but not everyone wants a glowy mount with smoke or fire. Thank you, ZoS.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO in general has become a disappointment for me.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like I won't be spending much this month - yay, I get to save some money this time! I might get the horse if I like it in preview.

Bringing back old clown crates... really? Looks like the crate crap is taking over. Bleh.
    Edited by AlienSlof on December 2, 2017 9:49AM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady