The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Returning Storm Atronach and Wild Hunt Crates

mermaidsushiroll
"Individual Storm Atronach and Wild Hunt items can only be acquired from their respective crates while on sale." So in addition to the crates-on-crates scenario becoming a reality, crown gems are useless on crate items for the first time :)
  • Eddyble
    Eddyble
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Individual Storm Atronach and Wild Hunt items can only be acquired from their respective crates while on sale." So in addition to the crates-on-crates scenario becoming a reality, crown gems are useless on crate items for the first time :)

Yeah, I just read this on the main page and laughed. Weren't crates initially presented as a way to get things that have been discontinued? Now, not only can you not get those things but returning crate items can only be gotten by crates. ROFL. This system is so F'd.
    Eddyb1e - Xbox One - NA
    Eddyble - PC - NA
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that's .... lame as hell. Will people even be able to get gems for any doubles from these, since we can't spend our saved gems on them? And then if you DO get gems for doubles, will we be able to spend THOSE gems on the items? How would they separate the gems you got from these from the gems you already have? It's all too stupidly confusing.

Not getting these. I would have gotten a couple of pets with gems I've saved, but apparently I can't.

Edited by SydneyGrey on December 2, 2017 6:33AM
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *cough* Faunter's Crown Crate Logger addon *cough*
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Huh. I probably would have bought some mounts with my saved gems, but not now I guess. This system gets more ridiculous with every change they make.
    The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
    #DwemerLife
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They feel no shame. I wonder how will all this scam-crates thing end...
  • Vulture051
    Vulture051
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, that is weak. I was really hoping to get the Roostertail hair for Argonians.

They have a chance to do right by us though, with the way it's written they could let us buy the items during the windows and claim that's totally what they meant by "while on sale"
    Edited by Vulture051 on December 2, 2017 10:39AM
    3 new classes. 3 new spellcasters. Zenimax has forgotten how to make melee classes.
  • Liley
    Liley
    ✭✭✭✭
    They feel no shame. I wonder how will all this scam-crates thing end...

Sadly there are people out there (and in the forums) that spent up to 1000$ just to get one of the rare mounts. As long as people are willing to spend money on these, it's not gonna end.
    PC | EU

Muriel Winterhauch | Magicka Sorcerer

• Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can you confirm this is as we're interepting it?

Old Crates return, but their content cannot be bought with our Crown Gems? That heavily devalues what Crown Gems are worth, if they can only ever be spent on "new Crate loot" and never "past Crate loot".

Crown Gems still cost us real money to obtain, why should it matter?
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now we know why there was no Crown Sale on Black Fredas.
    They didn't want players to stock up on crowns because they knew the old crates would be a huge incentive for impulse buyers to buy the crowns at the normal price with this event.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find myself pretty ticked off about this...

I’m a relatively new player and missed these previous crown crate seasons. Normally I am totally anti-anything gambling with real cash, but crown gems makes crates an acceptable although not palatable mini-game. I have also begun to accept that if one wants the really good appearance collectibles in this game, one basically must participate in the crown crate gambling mini-game to some degree. Again, gems make this acceptable if not palatable if appearance collectibles are a big part of one’s enjoyment.

It’s a very disturbing trend to see more and more exclusive items on which gems cannot be used! Keep it up and I’ll no longer be able to kid myself into believing crown crates are not straight-up cash gambling and I’ll have to restrict myself to supporting the game strictly from my sub in the future. This is not what I want! I want to support the game, I want the cool shinies and I will gladly pay for them! But there has to be a limit on what I have to spend to know I can eventually get what I want. Isn’t that what crown gems were meant for?? Why is that changing?
  • Mop_Almighty
    I really hope this is just a misinterpretation, I was really looking forward to getting a few things in the past crates but I am not willing to play the rng game
    Breton magsorc
    Argonian Healer
    Dunmer magdk
    Breton magplar
    FOR THE COVENANT!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown Gems still cost us real money to obtain, why should it matter?
    This. They act like they gave us those gems as a gift, but they cost real money.

• PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah ZOS should really add the gem option for these. We pay for our crates and gems, allow us to use what we have paid for.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want the chub loon and ancestor moth swarm, but I will buy 1 of each crate and pray to RNGsus. Wish I could afford more right now.

If these crates do return again in the future, I really hope they will have a gem buying option implemented for them by then.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we can't use gems, it just means I won't have to spend them. This means that I won't have to buy crowns later for an interesting season, saving me money. Thanks ZOS!
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nvm; wrong thread
    Edited by JKorr on December 3, 2017 7:35PM
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But...
    14330665826820.jpg
    I want the Daedric Scamp...
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well thats dumb
  • Sgtmeg
    Sgtmeg
    ✭✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »
    But...
    14330665826820.jpg
    I want the Daedric Scamp...

How I wish I could give you mine @.....@
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I agree, but you know they don't need to bring back old crown crates at all right?
  • RGvolterra
    RGvolterra
    ✭✭✭
    I’m just interested about getting the bear storm atronach and had thought I could acquire it by using my gems but since ESO made sure to only make it available by gambling I say NO to it. I’ll only buy it whenever ESO turns out to be more considerate and respectful about its supporters... that’s a real appalling situation and had expected a more decent attitude coming from ZOS.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when they going live?
  • Stonyfoot
    Stonyfoot
    ✭✭✭
    I kinda want that forester hood, but I'm not going to gamble for it.
    Edited by Stonyfoot on December 4, 2017 9:15AM
  • Lex_Schwarzkopf
    Lex_Schwarzkopf
    Soul Shriven
    I know it sucks but people should be able to control their own desire. Just assume that there is none of those "crown crates come back". If you need to, you can buy some tissues to wipe the drools off your keyboard and they are much cheaper than the crown crates. I bought 15 of those a couple of months ago and didn't get anything that I wanted. From then on I just had to learn that none of this is for me. Crown Crates gambling sucks, not being able to buy items using gems also suck - but if that is what it takes to keep the servers alive then I will bite my tongue.
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »
    It’s a very disturbing trend to see more and more exclusive items on which gems cannot be used! Keep it up and I’ll no longer be able to kid myself into believing crown crates are not straight-up cash gambling and I’ll have to restrict myself to supporting the game strictly from my sub in the future. This is not what I want! I want to support the game, I want the cool shinies and I will gladly pay for them! But there has to be a limit on what I have to spend to know I can eventually get what I want. Isn’t that what crown gems were meant for?? Why is that changing?

I agree 100%. This devalues Crown Gems a lot and basically halves the value if not more.

A good example:
    I wanted one of the radiant apex mounts this crown crate season, but I didn't bother buying one single crate since the mounts can't be purchased with Crown Gems, making said gems useless, and thus removing all incentive for me to purchase.

I am not going to gamble with real cash unless I know that I can eventually 100% guaranteed get what I want, realizing that it may end up being an expensive item, but I'll know that if I gather those 1000 gems I'll get it.

KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already spent money on crowns for this crate season. I'm not buying any more. Especially this close to the holidays and just buying crates so recently. This is really bad timing. On top of the whole I can't use my gems to get anything issue. I don't know who planned this, but you might want to take things onto consideration like the timing of releasing bad ideas.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • iRWalber
    iRWalber
    Soul Shriven
    I really wanted Mind Shriven skin, and I have the gems to take. :/
    Khajiit - Master Race
  • mermaidsushiroll
    the replies about how they don't have to bring back the crates at all, insinuating that I guess i should be thankful that they are back at all, are kind of missing my point. I just think this highlights a trend in crates. I find it interesting to have more than one crate season in the game at the same time, and not being able to use our gems on current crates is a new thing as well. If the trend continues i imagine all themes of crown crates to be in the store at all times, and gems will mean very little. Crown Crates Online!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want several things in the Storm Crates, but there's no way I'm going to spends hundreds just *hoping* I get the drops I want, with no way to spend gems to get them. No thanks. I'll just keep my money and not buy any at all.