Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Lagging problem (N/A , PC) East Coast

chaz
chaz
✭✭✭✭
<3 Hello and good day everyone. Thank you for stopping in here.

Ok, So I have this problem and I can't for the life of me figure it out. Is it ZoS to blame with their servers or is it something on my end.

Basically the better part of the game runs smoothly. However, I will have:

1. Rendering issue with entering a new area and it takes time to load in

2. A problem in Cyrodiil (PvP) , when entering an area with a lot of people I'l lag, meaning my screen goes all choppy.

3. Same as number 2, but I'm already in an area and a zerg comes in making my screen go choppy, and sometimes to a point where my screen will freeze, and when it does start moving (FPS) normally, I find myself dead on the ground and someone T-bagging me.

4. A little bit in a dungeon , just a tiny bit, but more noticeable when doing a Trial and there's a lot more enemies and a lot more AOE's popping off.

(**) My specs (To which I feel are good, and care less about haters with alienware:

║ » System Model: Alienware X51
║ » Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600)
║ » BIOS: A08
║ » Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
║ (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
║ » Memory: 8192MB RAM
║ » 1TB Hard Drive
║ » Available OS Memory: 8078MB RAM
║ » Chip type: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
║ » DirectX Version: DirectX 11
║ » DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
║ » User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
║ » System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
║ » DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
║ » DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode

I recently move again but my first place I used to do WiFi, and I had lag issues, now I go direct and hook up with Ethernet cable wire.

(**) Current Modem:

Arris TM1602

I want to be able to just game smoothly with no issue. Is it me or am I the lucky one being affected by ZoS server issues?

Seldom on occasion will I hear someone complain about the lag or see someone chat it, but not always. I have to ask this because not only is it annoying, but especially when in PvP and I'm about to kill an enemy only to have my screen stop and when it fixes itself I'm laying dead on the ground.

This past month has been getting worse. It was fine for a while, then last month I started to notice lag issue, now it's really bad where the lag (choppy FPS) turns into a complete screen freeze.

Thank you all for reading.

Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38