Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

So NO OPTION to buy the Mages Guild Sentry Cat. It's Crown CRATES ONLY this game.

  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »

    Don't worry, we are getting a special treatment having our threads moved very fast to the appropriate section while the "show your beautiful crates rewards" are there in the General one to get all the possible views.

    Section smection...I just hit "recent"
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    ***
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    billp_ESO wrote: »
    So now it's "gamble to win".

    Sigh.

    Lol.

    Even more lol concerning comments about legislators looking into this. If any trader to come of it, well, it'll be a long time.
    Options
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't the designers care that only a small number of people will get to enjoy their creations? Solely because they're either locked behind gems or locked behind crates only, with not even a chance to buy them with gems.

    Which money-hungry (heartless) person thought these things up in the first place?
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
    Options
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    I'm very much disappointed about the Mages Guild Sentry Cat, not even for sale for 3 days or one! Directly in the Crown Crates.

    Now this is my feedback: you can keep your crate and shove it. That was an item that really interested me but there is no way I'm going to feed this low practice, paying to have a chance to get the item I like, no way.

    I would have gladly bought the Cat in the Store, I pay for what I like, not random items!

    And the gems are not an option, the return from basic items is just ridiculous and a pet would likely end up costing like a manor! That's the plan after all, isn't it?


    I will check the Store if you still will bother to put in there something for the customers that don't like to throw earned money to the wind and that's it.

    Suit yourself with your awful business model, I hope it will bite you in the arse soon or later.

    That's all, MY FEEDBACK.



    On a side note:
    opened the free crates and found a mount worth 100 gems I totally DISLIKE and I won't use EVER. Obviously there is no way I can recover some gems or even gift that mount to another player, someone who like that and would have enjoyed it, because greed.
    At least people could be allowed to gift crates items to others, that's just a wasted mount sitting in there, another player could have been happy to have it.
    But why I'm even writing this? It's completely useless, go ahead with the greed.

    this is truely very sad and I understand that you are very disappointed!
    If you leave the game because of all this sadness can I have your stuff? Thanks in advance!
    Options
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    I'm very much disappointed about the Mages Guild Sentry Cat, not even for sale for 3 days or one! Directly in the Crown Crates.

    Now this is my feedback: you can keep your crate and shove it. That was an item that really interested me but there is no way I'm going to feed this low practice, paying to have a chance to get the item I like, no way.

    I would have gladly bought the Cat in the Store, I pay for what I like, not random items!

    And the gems are not an option, the return from basic items is just ridiculous and a pet would likely end up costing like a manor! That's the plan after all, isn't it?


    I will check the Store if you still will bother to put in there something for the customers that don't like to throw earned money to the wind and that's it.

    Suit yourself with your awful business model, I hope it will bite you in the arse soon or later.

    That's all, MY FEEDBACK.



    On a side note:
    opened the free crates and found a mount worth 100 gems I totally DISLIKE and I won't use EVER. Obviously there is no way I can recover some gems or even gift that mount to another player, someone who like that and would have enjoyed it, because greed.
    At least people could be allowed to gift crates items to others, that's just a wasted mount sitting in there, another player could have been happy to have it.
    But why I'm even writing this? It's completely useless, go ahead with the greed.

    this is truely very sad and I understand that you are very disappointed!
    If you leave the game because of all this sadness can I have your stuff? Thanks in advance!

    You could have left the thread without ever leaving a comment but then you go and make yourself look like a d-bag voluntarily?

    Sigh. Some people have no self-respect.

    Options
  • Hokiewa
    Hokiewa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    I'm very much disappointed about the Mages Guild Sentry Cat, not even for sale for 3 days or one! Directly in the Crown Crates.

    Now this is my feedback: you can keep your crate and shove it. That was an item that really interested me but there is no way I'm going to feed this low practice, paying to have a chance to get the item I like, no way.

    I would have gladly bought the Cat in the Store, I pay for what I like, not random items!

    And the gems are not an option, the return from basic items is just ridiculous and a pet would likely end up costing like a manor! That's the plan after all, isn't it?


    I will check the Store if you still will bother to put in there something for the customers that don't like to throw earned money to the wind and that's it.

    Suit yourself with your awful business model, I hope it will bite you in the arse soon or later.

    That's all, MY FEEDBACK.



    On a side note:
    opened the free crates and found a mount worth 100 gems I totally DISLIKE and I won't use EVER. Obviously there is no way I can recover some gems or even gift that mount to another player, someone who like that and would have enjoyed it, because greed.
    At least people could be allowed to gift crates items to others, that's just a wasted mount sitting in there, another player could have been happy to have it.
    But why I'm even writing this? It's completely useless, go ahead with the greed.

    this is truely very sad and I understand that you are very disappointed!
    If you leave the game because of all this sadness can I have your stuff? Thanks in advance!

    You could have left the thread without ever leaving a comment but then you go and make yourself look like a d-bag voluntarily?

    Sigh. Some people have no self-respect.

    Ironic.....
    Edited by Hokiewa on November 30, 2017 5:20PM
    Options
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    I'm very much disappointed about the Mages Guild Sentry Cat, not even for sale for 3 days or one! Directly in the Crown Crates.

    Now this is my feedback: you can keep your crate and shove it. That was an item that really interested me but there is no way I'm going to feed this low practice, paying to have a chance to get the item I like, no way.

    I would have gladly bought the Cat in the Store, I pay for what I like, not random items!

    And the gems are not an option, the return from basic items is just ridiculous and a pet would likely end up costing like a manor! That's the plan after all, isn't it?


    I will check the Store if you still will bother to put in there something for the customers that don't like to throw earned money to the wind and that's it.

    Suit yourself with your awful business model, I hope it will bite you in the arse soon or later.

    That's all, MY FEEDBACK.



    On a side note:
    opened the free crates and found a mount worth 100 gems I totally DISLIKE and I won't use EVER. Obviously there is no way I can recover some gems or even gift that mount to another player, someone who like that and would have enjoyed it, because greed.
    At least people could be allowed to gift crates items to others, that's just a wasted mount sitting in there, another player could have been happy to have it.
    But why I'm even writing this? It's completely useless, go ahead with the greed.

    this is truely very sad and I understand that you are very disappointed!
    If you leave the game because of all this sadness can I have your stuff? Thanks in advance!

    No, you CAN'T.

    Go beg for stuff elsewhere.

    Azurya wrote: »
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    I'm very much disappointed about the Mages Guild Sentry Cat, not even for sale for 3 days or one! Directly in the Crown Crates.

    Now this is my feedback: you can keep your crate and shove it. That was an item that really interested me but there is no way I'm going to feed this low practice, paying to have a chance to get the item I like, no way.

    I would have gladly bought the Cat in the Store, I pay for what I like, not random items!

    And the gems are not an option, the return from basic items is just ridiculous and a pet would likely end up costing like a manor! That's the plan after all, isn't it?


    I will check the Store if you still will bother to put in there something for the customers that don't like to throw earned money to the wind and that's it.

    Suit yourself with your awful business model, I hope it will bite you in the arse soon or later.

    That's all, MY FEEDBACK.



    On a side note:
    opened the free crates and found a mount worth 100 gems I totally DISLIKE and I won't use EVER. Obviously there is no way I can recover some gems or even gift that mount to another player, someone who like that and would have enjoyed it, because greed.
    At least people could be allowed to gift crates items to others, that's just a wasted mount sitting in there, another player could have been happy to have it.
    But why I'm even writing this? It's completely useless, go ahead with the greed.

    this is truely very sad and I understand that you are very disappointed!
    If you leave the game because of all this sadness can I have your stuff? Thanks in advance!

    You could have left the thread without ever leaving a comment but then you go and make yourself look like a d-bag voluntarily?

    Sigh. Some people have no self-respect.

    You got an awesome (and all my stuff if I ever leave).
    These people keep thinking that joke is funny, it's just getting very old.



    Edited by RANKK7 on November 30, 2017 8:58PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
    Options
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    resdayn00 wrote: »
    Can't all Crown Crate haters just shut up and not open/buy any crates? Countless threads have been made about how people hate Crown Crates yet here we go, another one. It's boring, everyone hates it by now. Alchemical said it well, if you have a problem with it, make moves in the appropriate way. The forum is not the place where you can do something about it.

    I am actually rather sad for the people who are just joining the game.

    All this Crown Crate exclusive stuff saves me money. No Mage Guild cat in the store, as the OP has mentioned, no reason to buy said cat, no reason to spend the requisite Crowns, and less pressure to buy Crowns. I have spent less money on Crowns this year than last year. A lot less, all because of Crown Crate exclusive items. When I take your advice, I simply don't need them as much.

    The new players, though, they have nothing. I already have a cat, but in 12 days the only cat in the Crown Store will be the ones in Crown Crates. That is, unless December adds a new cat. I have Senche mounts, but they are only available in Crown Crates, now. The Pocket Mammoth was already in the Store, for us older players, but for newer players, the only way to get one is to buy Crown Crates. They have to go to the Crown Crates to get a lot of the stuff they see in the game.

    That is the intention of the Crown Crates, I figure. They want the new players to be greeted by Pacrooti as soon as they arrive. To get much of the stuff that they see everyone else in the game has, they have to sit down before the Khajiit and gamble away their Crowns. For an RPG game, that is actually pretty despicable.

    I feel sad for the new players.


    +1
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »
    Don't the designers care that only a small number of people will get to enjoy their creations? Solely because they're either locked behind gems or locked behind crates only, with not even a chance to buy them with gems.

    Which money-hungry (heartless) person thought these things up in the first place?

    designers and marketers - two very different species
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    ***
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    LadyAstrum wrote: »
    Don't the designers care that only a small number of people will get to enjoy their creations? Solely because they're either locked behind gems or locked behind crates only, with not even a chance to buy them with gems.

    Which money-hungry (heartless) person thought these things up in the first place?

    designers and marketers - two very different species

    Your rebuttal makes no sense. Where did she make the claim that designers and marketers were the same? Ohh that's right, she didn't. All she asked was if designers cared that only a small number of people will get to enjoy their efforts (because) the marketing team is doing a crummy job by locking the desginers/artists art assets behind a pay gate (on top of a sub) with no change to purchase them (due to scam crate super low drop rates that ZOS sets).
    Edited by Raideen on December 1, 2017 3:12PM
    Options
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 what Alchemical said. Last I checked Belgium, Australia, and a couple representatives from Hawaii were starting the push against the practice; now is the time to speak up about it.

    "australia" is not. part of australia that is currently underwater and has much more important things to worry about apparently mentioned it. yes, they mentioned how they cant do anything about it, its not their problem to solve.
    awww!
    Options
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2Gamble
    Options
  • Sgtmeg
    Sgtmeg
    ✭✭✭
    BloodWolfe wrote: »
    billp_ESO wrote: »
    So now it's "gamble to win".

    Sigh.

    I don't agree with the loot crates and will never support them but how are mounts, pets and costumes (all cosmetic stuff and some crap potions) "gamble to win"? You aren't at any sort of advantage with them compared to not having them so it's nowhere close to being a "pay/gamble to win" system. Stop spewing that nonsense! Nothing in this game is P2W.

    A lot of people come from the competitive side of the MMO games where better armor and weapons make it easier to beat others. This is how they "win" the game, and this is the "standard" by which they judge Pay To Win.

    While this definition holds true for shooters, it really gets diluted when you talk about RPG games. In an RPG game, it is not all about beating other players. Yes, you can do that, but it is not the only purpose for the game. People play for different reasons. Goals in the game become varied and diverse, and so does the concept of "winning".

    Players of CSGO would probably find it insane for a player to be picking flowers during the game. There are players in ESO that regularly do exactly that, and there may be characters in the game that do nothing but that.

    Players in many MMO shooter games buy skins to customize themselves. They know that buying a pink weapon isn't going to make them win the game. In this RPG game, we complain in all caps because some of our weapons are pink and we cannot recolor them.

    As much as people might not want it to be, the standard MMO definition of "Pay To Win" is not a good fit for an RPG game. ZOS and Bethesda know this. I am sure they know that, for RPG games, cosmetics hold a much more profitable position because many of the players view having more of them as "winning". There are probably shooter studios out there that wish their players were more like RPG players.

    So, yeah, in an RPG, certain cosmetics can be considered Pay To Win by players. Not in the traditional MMO sense that will trigger people who read that, of course. In the RPG sense where appearance is as important, or maybe even more important, than beating other players in combat.


    I'm sorry but with your comment in mind this still isn't pay2win.. How can you "win" if you're not competing? Pay to look how you personally want, maybe, but it's not like ESO has a weekly fashion challenge. It's not like you get anything beyond personal gratification for your look before you change it next month. It's not like it effects the playerbase as a whole if a handful of rpers get their outfits just right. Keep in mind that I'm an rper too, and I value my appearance greatly, but saying that it's "winning" to look how I want is just silly. There's no competition for appearance in this game. These items are still purely cosmetic and unnecessary to enjoy the game at an equal footing with other players. That doesn't make it any less frustrating to not be able to get the hat or mount or clothing style you want, but it definitely doesn't make it pay to win.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    .

    Sgtmeg wrote: »
    BloodWolfe wrote: »
    billp_ESO wrote: »
    So now it's "gamble to win".

    Sigh.

    I don't agree with the loot crates and will never support them but how are mounts, pets and costumes (all cosmetic stuff and some crap potions) "gamble to win"? You aren't at any sort of advantage with them compared to not having them so it's nowhere close to being a "pay/gamble to win" system. Stop spewing that nonsense! Nothing in this game is P2W.

    A lot of people come from the competitive side of the MMO games where better armor and weapons make it easier to beat others. This is how they "win" the game, and this is the "standard" by which they judge Pay To Win.

    While this definition holds true for shooters, it really gets diluted when you talk about RPG games. In an RPG game, it is not all about beating other players. Yes, you can do that, but it is not the only purpose for the game. People play for different reasons. Goals in the game become varied and diverse, and so does the concept of "winning".

    Players of CSGO would probably find it insane for a player to be picking flowers during the game. There are players in ESO that regularly do exactly that, and there may be characters in the game that do nothing but that.

    Players in many MMO shooter games buy skins to customize themselves. They know that buying a pink weapon isn't going to make them win the game. In this RPG game, we complain in all caps because some of our weapons are pink and we cannot recolor them.

    As much as people might not want it to be, the standard MMO definition of "Pay To Win" is not a good fit for an RPG game. ZOS and Bethesda know this. I am sure they know that, for RPG games, cosmetics hold a much more profitable position because many of the players view having more of them as "winning". There are probably shooter studios out there that wish their players were more like RPG players.

    So, yeah, in an RPG, certain cosmetics can be considered Pay To Win by players. Not in the traditional MMO sense that will trigger people who read that, of course. In the RPG sense where appearance is as important, or maybe even more important, than beating other players in combat.


    I'm sorry but with your comment in mind this still isn't pay2win.. How can you "win" if you're not competing? Pay to look how you personally want, maybe, but it's not like ESO has a weekly fashion challenge. It's not like you get anything beyond personal gratification for your look before you change it next month. It's not like it effects the playerbase as a whole if a handful of rpers get their outfits just right. Keep in mind that I'm an rper too, and I value my appearance greatly, but saying that it's "winning" to look how I want is just silly. There's no competition for appearance in this game. These items are still purely cosmetic and unnecessary to enjoy the game at an equal footing with other players. That doesn't make it any less frustrating to not be able to get the hat or mount or clothing style you want, but it definitely doesn't make it pay to win.

    You are stuck in the definition of "win" that requires a competition. That is fine, and it is what we are often trained to think. That does not make it the only way to win in a game, and there are numerous ways to do so in an RPG.

    You say you value your appearance greatly, but that calling that winning is silly. I am saying that you win when you make that happen. This is exactly what I am saying. Winning does not require a competition. All it requires is that some action was taken to accomplish it. To get possession of by effort or fortune. No competition required. Congratulations, you are a winner! A winner, one that is successful especially through praiseworthy ability and hard work. No mention of competition. No one else has to "lose" in the process because it isn't a competition.

    I have to stop here because if you are shaking your head and saying, "no no no", there is no point in continuing the discussion.

    If you are still with me, the point is that every time you buy a cosmetic item from the Crown Store, or sit before Pacrooti and gamble away your Crowns on cards, you are denying to yourself the opportunity to win that cosmetic item through effort in the game. Every time. Instead, you are outright buying it, or winning it in some card game. Maybe that is not important to you because it does not make your character stronger so you can beat other players, but it is still "winning" and others might want to win it in the game, and cannot. That can make it Pay To Win for them.

    This isn't about absolutes. It is about understanding. No one can honestly say that ESO is not Pay To Win for everyone who plays it. This is because it is Pay To Win to the people who would prefer to win their cosmetics in the game instead of in Crown Crates.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
Sign In or Register to comment.