How has your build changed to adapt to CP BGs?

DosPanchos
DosPanchos
✭✭✭
This is a discussion about the changes you have made (if any) to make your builds more effective in cp BGs.

Stamplar (mostly PUG battlegrounds)
Non-cp:
5medium/2heavy, 2hand/SnB (backbar), 5pc Ravagers and 5pc cowards w/ troll king.

CP (so far):
5h/2m, SnB/2h (backbar), 5pc Ravager and 5pc Bonepirate w/ Selenes.

Surprisingly, this new build does do decent dmg, but also has the utility. My front bar has heroic slash (interchangeable), reverb bash, jabs, trap, vigor, and dawnbreaker. I'm not running PoL and I don't care.

Edited by DosPanchos on November 28, 2017 2:36PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive used essentially the same build since Homestead update.

StamDK
    s/b bar 2
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dropped a Stam regen glyph.
    Added a weapon dmg glypn
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kept the build the same, but now getting caught in my corrupting when the burst goes out means you’re probably gonna all die
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭

Thogard wrote: »
    Dropped a Stam regen glyph.
    Added a weapon dmg glypn

Same. Dropped magicka regen for spell damage. As a Magplar I still use 5 pieces of light armor.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re jigged my CP with help from Lexy, but also taken time away as BG annoy me now

So much of the fun has been sucked.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    kept the build the same, but now getting caught in my corrupting when the burst goes out means you’re probably gonna all die

@Lexxypwns bring it ;) I need some mag warden advice
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I created a whole new setup that was more focused on damage, was too squishy, ended up with something that has similar sustain as my old build, slightly higher damage, and works best in no cp...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    well, i was having fun playing a cancerproc blade, then they changed viper and added cp, so i switched to a brawler dk.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Swapped from Medium Shacklebreaker and Sword singer to 7th Legion, Agility and Malubeth

Fight cancer with cancer.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally run the same builds in cp and no cp since they changed reduced cost out. Asdide from.10% more regen nothing changes much as many trees counter each other. Thej I just minmax cp...
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm changing my builds almost at a daily base, be it nonCP or CP. But it's the same set of builds now that I used before in noCP, just finetuned with CP.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    Literally run the same builds in cp and no cp since they changed reduced cost out. Asdide from.10% more regen nothing changes much as many trees counter each other. Thej I just minmax cp...

Exactly the same for me
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play my open world build.

Stamblade
    5 Bone Pirate
    3 Agility
    2 Blood Spawn
    Asylum Greatsword front bar
    Master bow back bar
    Mag and Stam recovery drink (nope, I'm not using Dubious)

I don't use a gap closer. Why? Because I want to fit in Relentless Focus on the front bar. Now obviously, I could very well drop the execute and run Crit Rush with a vMA Greatsword (which is what I do in duels) but I want that ult return for open world, since it does increase my burst potential a lot.

So basically:
    2H bar:
    Executionner, Surprise Attack, Relentless Focus, Mass Hysteria, Rally, Incap
    Bow bar:
    Shade, Poison Injection, Vigor, Shadowy Disguise, Shuffle, Flawless Dawnbreaker

In BGs especially, you don't need the gap closer since most of the time the fight comes to you and if someone tries to run, the Relentless Focus proc is there to finish people off anyway. Its also a more skillful playstyle in my opinion, especially on a stamblade, since re-engaging combat without a gap closer can be difficult.

So yeah, that's my build in short.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    the great thing about cp is that you don't need to run a sustain set :smiley: ive since moved away from sets like bonepirate/hulking dragur(which I ran in 1T) and can more freely run two damage setups. Love it.
  • DosPanchos
    DosPanchos
    ✭✭✭
    the great thing about cp is that you don't need to run a sustain set :smiley: ive since moved away from sets like bonepirate/hulking dragur(which I ran in 1T) and can more freely run two damage setups. Love it.

I feel ya. I'm learning to conserve/replenish stamina with cp benefits as well as playstyle changes, I.e. heavy attacks and timing stuff. It seems the really good players survive well with minimum recovery and 2 more aggressive sets.

What sets are you running? And what's your class?
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    DosPanchos wrote: »

I feel ya. I'm learning to conserve/replenish stamina with cp benefits as well as playstyle changes, I.e. heavy attacks and timing stuff. It seems the really good players survive well with minimum recovery and 2 more aggressive sets.

What sets are you running? And what's your class?

I'm a medium armor stamplar and right now I switch between either Ravager + Automaton and Automaton + Hunding's rage
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really don’t have to change anything at all, if anything someone is probably dropping recovery for more damage. I think this question is better suited the other way around as in what did you have to change to adapt to no cp.
  • paallterrain148
    Use to run dual wield / snb in medium on my stamwarden, with acceptable survivability and got lots of kills.

Switched to heavy snb/2h. I just melt in medium. That being said, I never tried hewvy in no CP so it may have been better there too.