The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please bring back "Grand Topal Hideaway" soon

MewmewGirl
MewmewGirl
✭✭
Since way back when housing was first being tested on the test server, I wanted nothing but the Grand Topal Hideaway for a house. I actually went away a while hoping I'd come back to play again and it would finally be released in game. Sadly it was released in game, for 5 days only and then was gone.

It's coming up on 7 months since it was briefly available. Could we please get this back in the store soon? I guess you all could be waiting for a year to pass to be dramatic and silly, but it would be great if it was available sometime pretty soon again...

It also would be nice if it could permanently remain in the store - but if not you should give people plenty of early warning that it's coming back before it does so people who can't just grab the 15,000 crowns immediately could have a little time to get them and know when they'll be needing them.
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I remember, Earthtear Cavern, that came out before the Grand Topal Hideaway started as a limited-time available house, and then has been since added to the regular list of homes for sale. I can only hope they do the same with the Grand Topal Hideaway, the Tel Galen, and the Grand Linchal Manor.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• MewmewGirl
    MewmewGirl
    ✭✭
    Hmm I always remember seeing Earthtear Cavern for sale in game. I really don't think it was ever time limited?

I also have some other time limited items that never were permanently put in the Crown Store. They re-appear once and a great while on sale for short times again, but they haven't ever been put back in long term or anything. I think some of them cycled around to being in some of their crates though.

Anyway I see a new different time limited house is coming out for Christmas (one that doesn't really work for my overall theme and likes - the cold windy snow blown Pariah's Pinnacle), so my hopes of seeing Grand Topal Hideaway making an appearance this year are dashed... I held out a tiny bit of hope maybe they'd put it in for this end of the year holiday season. It was my secret holiday wish :tongue:

So now my hope is that they will have it return a year after it was first put up (which is in like 5 months now), at least for a while, and I also have to hope I don't miss a week or two of play because the last time if you blinked it was gone from the store (5 days! ugh).

• KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭
    What are limited time only items worth if they bring them back down the line.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a better question: WHY should limited time items even exist (aside from cheap marketing purposes)?
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am asking myself this question as well every time something appears again.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it would be really cool if they reintroduced it, at the least for a limited time.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm.. If those exclusive homes come back, perhaps the owners who bought during the exclusive time could recieve some kind of reward, like a pet, or a title.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are just a money-spinner for people who want things NOW, so not worth anything to the rest of us who wait if we missed out the first time.
  • eggnogman
    eggnogman
    ✭✭✭
    why not make a new limited time only island home - I need a second island :)
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am waiting for that one too. I also want Linchal Grand Manor! Please say they will be back!
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They already do it. The limited Dro-m'Athra Senche & Elk ended in the crates for a much lower cost.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm.. If those exclusive homes come back, perhaps the owners who bought during the exclusive time could recieve some kind of reward, like a pet, or a title.

HAHAHAHAHA! They weren't "exclusive" but Limited Time.

I own 2 limited time crown only homes, and I would be thrilled if others had the chance to purchase them. And not for a limited time...all homes should be available for purchase, at all times. Sure, only highlight some in the Crown Store, but why limit purchases to a 4 day period and then poof! gone. If ZOS brings these back in Crown Crates, I may finally leave the f'n game.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on March 29, 2018 1:23AM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

HAHAHAHAHA! They weren't "exclusive" but Limited Time.

I own 2 limited time crown only homes, and I would be thrilled if others had the chance to purchase them. And not for a limited time...all homes should be available for purchase, at all times. Sure, only highlight some in the Crown Store, but why limit purchases to a 4 day period and then poof! gone. If ZOS brings these back in Crown Crates, I may finally leave the f'n game.

I agree all homes should be available for purchase at all times. How many people have started playing since grand topal was available and cant even have a shot at it? I bet a lot that would be interested in it.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lake wrote: »

They already do it. The limited Dro-m'Athra Senche & Elk ended in the crates for a much lower cost.

It isn't a lower cost in crates, unless you're lucky. The number of crates you have to purchase to get enough gems is approximately the same as original price in crowns. More if you're unlucky and don't get enough gems out of crates.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on March 29, 2018 1:59AM
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zhaedri wrote: »
    As I remember, Earthtear Cavern, that came out before the Grand Topal Hideaway started as a limited-time available house, and then has been since added to the regular list of homes for sale. I can only hope they do the same with the Grand Topal Hideaway, the Tel Galen, and the Grand Linchal Manor.

Earthtear was never limited.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • toxicpanda
    toxicpanda
    ✭✭
    I would gladly give you mine. I own more notable homes than I should lol
  • mojomood
    mojomood
    ✭✭✭
    As one of many players who started after Morrowind and are now aware of the Grand Topal Hideaway, please bring this back!!! Even if for a limited time.

@ZOS_DaryaK