The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is it possible to nerf vMA based on ping?

• MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 60 to 90 ping and 3000 soul gems using a magSorc pet build. Will I be ok? :*

All The Kek

As long as your pet is a Troll, you should be fine. ;)

That said; I would like to try the game at that ping and see how much difference it makes.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1 for Oceanic server(s)
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck trying to appeal to a largely US player base, it’s impossible for them to understand. Latency number is not the only measure of lag, and it also depends on how many jumps your data is going through to reach zos, packet loss etc. I’ve played extensively in the US and from Thailand and on the occasion that US latency number crosses over with latency in Thailand, say 270 on a bad US day/real good Thailand day, it’s still way less laggy in the US. People seem to also have a terrible understanding of geography and the general internet infrastructure quality around the world. For instance, was fighting this dude in Cyro who beats me and tbags for no reason of course, so I was like what’s up with that and he’s like you suck. Ok, I said, I’m playing from Asia. He goes yeah well I play from Germany. So? Not only are you half the distance closer to he US, but Germany has way better infrastructure. All the people who call l2p or say they deal with the same latency don’t understand playing form Asia/Australia.

• Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »
    Mirelurk wrote: »
    Wish they'd give us an Oceanic server so we could get rid of the ping [snip].

[Edited to remove inappropriate content/hate speech]

I'm sorry, but we, latin americans, should be top priority. Our internet is much worse than Austria's. BTW, there is already one japanese server.

One, austria and Australia are different (funny enough)
    Two, wheres the server in Japan? All traces go to America? So slightly confused
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bhaal5 wrote: »
    Milvan wrote: »

I'm sorry, but we, latin americans, should be top priority. Our internet is much worse than Austria's. BTW, there is already one japanese server.

One, austria and Australia are different (funny enough)
    Two, wheres the server in Japan? All traces go to America? So slightly confused

I’m fairly certain there’s no server in Japan. That’s why you have the choice of US or UK when you start.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No server in japan, guy got confused cause the game is available in japanese.

+1 to what Vapirko said

Packet loss and spikes make the game from asia much harder to play
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most of my current wipes in amy combat is random lag spikes that crippled casts and bar swaps
  • Mirelurk
    Mirelurk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    No server in japan, guy got confused cause the game is available in japanese.

He was trying to troll, pretty badly IMHO

Knights of Nirn | Daggerfall Covenant | PC | NA server

Swamplurk | V16 | Breton | Sorceror
    Morass | V16 | Breton | Templar
    Knightmire | V16 | Imperial | Dragonknight
    Catagory | V9 | Khajit | Nightblade

• DoTHurts
    DoTHurts
    ✭✭✭
    Built my new pc today and hooked it up via Ethernet. Was expecting something better than I normally get via WiFi 2 levels up, but no - ping of 410! Normally average 380-400 on WiFi. Going to bed...