The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Zenimax either doesnt care about battlegrounds or just threw it in to shut up us.

nordickittyhawk
nordickittyhawk
✭✭✭✭✭
Zenimax introduced Battlegrounds in the morrowind expansion. While it was in testing on the PTS, it was known for crappy leaderboards, death match buffs and terrible Que.
What did we get on launch?! the exact same!. No one plays BGs and its sad.

So here are all the current problems with Battlegrounds.
  • Random game modes.
  • Leaderboards not towards skills and more to play time (ties in with first point) .
  • Only 3 leaderboards for 5 game modes
    • Unbalanced game modes. Death match (Bull *** dmg buff for group?... for a winning group) and chaos ball.
    • Terrible Que (Due to population. 10 mill my back side)
    • Terrible rewards.
    • Terrible AP gain
    • Terrible leaderboard rewards.

If you have more name em!

How to fix battlegrounds?
  • Enable game mode choice .
  • Base leaderboards more on skill.
  • ALL 5 LEADERBOARDS... Come on zos thats still a joke.
  • Remove dmg buff in death match or spawn it in loosing team spawn.
  • Give cyrodil rewards and Bg rewards.
  • reward more ap on kills and winning.
  • NO more crap traits in the leaderboard rewards (i got training twice.. what a joke).
  • Fix the queing system.

Yeah i half arsed this post but... F it. here is a potato

flat,800x800,075,t.u1.jpg
Edited by nordickittyhawk on November 23, 2017 10:38PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fyi Chaos ball and Cap the relic are under flag games. Death match is a stand alone, and Domination with Crazy King fall under land grab.

So all modes have an affect on leaderboards.

It kinda does reward skill as is, but it also rewards time of play.

Your individual score, or points, go directly to your points for leaderboards. Meaning if I lose yet make 3k points, I'm gonna jump in my standings.

However, it's easier to get points by playing against less experienced players (i.e. rewarding skill over less skill) but there is no value adjustment system. So if I stomp the same 100 CP player over and over, I'm much more rewarded than beating someone that's a grand overlord.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would be satisfied if we would get roughly equal numbers for each of the three game modes. 33% deathmatch, 16.6% for each of the rest. That would be amazing actually.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought it was interesting that chaos ball and capture the relic are “flag games” even though no flag is involved...

But there are flags in domination and crazy king, but that’s land grab...
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or it is option C. ZeniMax does care but they think they know what is best for the battlefields .

I do not think they intentionally sabotage their own PVP . I think they really do think they know what is best . Which can be even more dangerous then not caring .
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What HAS actually ruined battlegrounds is the introduction of CP.

They did it to help pop. And sure a few CP Crutch needing heros from Cyrodiil popped up in the first week or so. But they are getting bored of pug stomping already.

I disagree on ma y of your annoyances. I think mine are

1. Remove CP
    2. Queue premades separately (to stop newbie Pugs getting stomped)
    3. If pop really is poor, open BG up to all, or even a 1000 crown add on instead of the Morrowind tie in. Many haven't bought BG on the MW principle. (reversly I haven't done any of morrowind as I only wanted BG but they broke them now with CP (see#1))

I think grab bag is fine as it keeps all game modes as Populated. Choice would mean longer queues
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't mind random games, at all. Actually, I can already see toxic players abusing deathmatch and ignoring all the rest.

What kills is the CP and pre-made groups. A ladder system is a must. Those toxic pre-made idiot groups are actually killing the population. Because all newcomers that wish(ed) to join BG are getting destroyed by them, with their morale being low or rage quitting BG for good. Sure, there's under lev50 campaign, but not every +50lv player is ready for the BG. And CP called all those invincible creeps to the games to show their "greatness".

So it's like - if BGs are going to be CP enabled, then ladder system is a must. If ZOS can't change anything in the BGs in the near future - disable CPs for good.
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fyi Chaos ball and Cap the relic are under flag games. Death match is a stand alone, and Domination with Crazy King fall under land grab.

So all modes have an affect on leaderboards.

It kinda does reward skill as is, but it also rewards time of play.

Your individual score, or points, go directly to your points for leaderboards. Meaning if I lose yet make 3k points, I'm gonna jump in my standings.

However, it's easier to get points by playing against less experienced players (i.e. rewarding skill over less skill) but there is no value adjustment system. So if I stomp the same 100 CP player over and over, I'm much more rewarded than beating someone that's a grand overlord.

WAIT IT DOES?! ..... well wish that was more clear. xD. thanks dude.
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    I really don't mind random games, at all. Actually, I can already see toxic players abusing deathmatch and ignoring all the rest.

What kills is the CP and pre-made groups. A ladder system is a must. Those toxic pre-made idiot groups are actually killing the population. Because all newcomers that wish(ed) to join BG are getting destroyed by them, with their morale being low or rage quitting BG for good. Sure, there's under lev50 campaign, but not every +50lv player is ready for the BG. And CP called all those invincible creeps to the games to show their "greatness".

So it's like - if BGs are going to be CP enabled, then ladder system is a must. If ZOS can't change anything in the BGs in the near future - disable CPs for good.

See.... i bet only reason its not random is the population for that would be so LOW. Plus the pain with random is... take CTF we try take one flag but other team is so focused on kills and sitting at our own spawn or another teams spawn... it throws the game to one team which begs the questions is 3 v 3 v 3 even good for some modes.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • The damage buff no longer can spawn at the beginning of the match, but instead it's location will be announced two minutes before it's spawned. This encourages fights to happen all over the map, while giving everybody a chance to run to it, and removing the RNG element of getting lucky and having the damage buff spawn right outside your base at the start of the match.
    • The 4v4v4 system is intended to encourage the two other teams to focus the leading team as a way to balance the match, but instead it turns into the two leading teams competing with each other to farm kills on the weakest team. Instead, give more points for killing members of the leading team and less points for killing the team in third place.
    • Implement a "Most Wanted" system where the highest performing player in the match currently is given a large glow around them (similar to when holding a relic or the Chaosball.) Killing the Most Wanted player grants extra points. Add achievements based on how many times a player is named "Most Wanted", including the title of "Most Wanted" for being named "Most Wanted" 100 times in total.
    • Reduce the flags in Domination to 3.
    • Flags in Domination no longer give points until they've been held for at least a minute. However, capturing a flag after killing an enemy on it grants points, based on how many enemies were killed on the flag. This is similar to a capture tick on a flag in Cyrodiil.
    • Relics in Capture the Relic can no longer be immediately captured; instead, it has to be "charged" by it's carrier killing at least 3 people before it can be turned in. This helps to curb the prevalent strategy of backcapping undefended relics while the other two teams are fighting each other.
    • Increase the AP gain from Battlegrounds to be on par with Cyrodiil. Decrease the amount of gear gained from Battlegrounds if you have to, not much of it's useful anyways.
    • Give Transmutation Geodes for the first victory per day in Battlegrounds, and as a reward for completing each of the Battleground daily quests.
    • Offer bonus rewards for players that choose to solo queue.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • The damage buff no longer can spawn at the beginning of the match, but instead it's location will be announced two minutes before it's spawned. This encourages fights to happen all over the map, while giving everybody a chance to run to it, and removing the RNG element of getting lucky and having the damage buff spawn right outside your base at the start of the match.
    • The 4v4v4 system is intended to encourage the two other teams to focus the leading team as a way to balance the match, but instead it turns into the two leading teams competing with each other to farm kills on the weakest team. Instead, give more points for killing members of the leading team and less points for killing the team in third place.
    • Implement a "Most Wanted" system where the highest performing player in the match currently is given a large glow around them (similar to when holding a relic or the Chaosball.) Killing the Most Wanted player grants extra points. Add achievements based on how many times a player is named "Most Wanted", including the title of "Most Wanted" for being named "Most Wanted" 100 times in total.
    • Reduce the flags in Domination to 3.
    • Flags in Domination no longer give points until they've been held for at least a minute. However, capturing a flag after killing an enemy on it grants points, based on how many enemies were killed on the flag. This is similar to a capture tick on a flag in Cyrodiil.
    • Relics in Capture the Relic can no longer be immediately captured; instead, it has to be "charged" by it's carrier killing at least 3 people before it can be turned in. This helps to curb the prevalent strategy of backcapping undefended relics while the other two teams are fighting each other.
    • Increase the AP gain from Battlegrounds to be on par with Cyrodiil. Decrease the amount of gear gained from Battlegrounds if you have to, not much of it's useful anyways.
    • Give Transmutation Geodes for the first victory per day in Battlegrounds, and as a reward for completing each of the Battleground daily quests.
    • Offer bonus rewards for players that choose to solo queue.

That's actually a pretty nice list of adjustments. I would sign this.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    #makeBGsgreatagain
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought it was interesting that chaos ball and capture the relic are “flag games” even though no flag is involved...

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Yeah, I noticed this too, ...ZOS logic.
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they were garbage when they went live.

> I CALLED IT <

and i was shamed. Everyone who partook in that shaming needs to eat their words. EVERYTHING i listed was true:

POISONS
    LAUNCH WARDEN OVER POWERED
    PROC SETS
    STACKED TEAMS
    STREAMLINED FORCE FED META

Now we know MagDen and StamDens are in fact OP. and out of that list only proc sets were addressed only after BGs were a steaming carcass. Look at all the people saying "BGs are going to be AWESOME"

11-28-2017_10-32-46_AM.jpg
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons